Lane supporters

I’ve been saying for months Mario’s S&C program is drastically inferior than Lane’s.

And then they lose to Utah 76-17 and Ole Miss wins the last few games by double digits. You’ve gotta admit it’s true.

So I’m right about that, but apparently you think I’m wrong when I say UM still doesnt care about winning. Everyone’s in a coma

Advertisement
I’ve been saying for months Mario’s S&C program is drastically inferior than Lane’s.

And then they lose to Utah 76-17 and Ole Miss wins the last few games by double digits. You’ve gotta admit it’s true.

So I’m right about that, but apparently you think I’m wrong when I say UM still doesnt care about winning. Everyone’s in a coma
Why are you so caught up about S&C? Like yes it is important but you think Ole Miss won those games because of S&C? Last two games they beat unranked Miss State and Vandy... Do you think Oh State has a good S&C Program? Because Mario beat them so his S&C is better right?

Ole Miss lost to Auburn, is their S&C better than Lane's? If UM hires the entire S&C department of Ole Miss would you be happy? The arguments and correlations you are trying to make, make no sense.

We weren't wooing him, he was wooing us. UF really wanted Napier, was their first option, and they paid him 7. Yes, I believe Lane would have taken 6, you don't, nothing to argue about.

Lane's agent would not have let him take 6 when Napier got 7.

And, no, it has already been reported that Napier was NOT the first option for the Gaytors, just the cheapest option.

Yes they should hire everyone from the Ole Miss S&C program.

They’ve got the Bama “protein shakes” and Mario doesn’t. By the way everyone knows this is true.

Advertisement
Mario was not my first or second choice.

with that said, I will always fully support a new coach until he doesn’t deserve it. I’ve supported every new coach we’ve had until they prove they can’t get the job done.

my biggest question now is who will he bring in as coordinators.

Drastically inferior?

1638826058916.png

Advertisement
I was fine with either...slight lean to Mario because of his recruiting prowess...thats a huge percentage of what you need to form a great program...the right coordinators would make this a clear choice between the two, but still would have been perfectly fine with Lane

Will you guys support the Canes? Or will you resort to endless "Lane wouldn't this and that " at every turn you don't care for?
Imma treat Mario like I have every hire since Clappy.

Cautiously optimistic until those red flags start flying. Won't pull punches, but mope status is off. Happy.

Know what we are getting with him, so I have tempered expectations - it all really boils down to the staff he can assemble and whether he lets them rip. Have seen a lot of criticism and watched some Oregon for the last two years that the Manny/ Richt 2.0 tendencies are real.

Kiffin has his own brinks worth of issues too - so I concede that.

No butthurt here, but the taggart 2.0 comparisons on r/CFB are hilarious and slightly concerning.

Advertisement

You've got it all figured out huh?

Lane's agent would not have let him take 6 when Napier got 7.

And, no, it has already been reported that Napier was NOT the first option for the Gaytors, just the cheapest option.
You don't know what his agent would have allowed him to take, just like I don't know WHAT Lane would have taken. It's just what I think vs what you think. I believe Lane would have been cheaper and better, and you don't.

Advertisement
Lane would have been lightning in a bottle . Probably get us a couple 10 win seasons and a playoff or 2 before he bolted. What Mario brings though is more tha. wins and losses.
He comes here and STRUCTUALLY changed the program. In writing he gets budget and promises for

- assistant coaches
-analysts ( all he wants)
-A stud AD
-future building projects
-Recruiting budget
- Ongoing financial commitment and resources

In other words, Lane would have been another hire that would have served as a band aid. Mario is not a band aid. He is the cure. His contract is built to make Miami into a Bama- OSU-UGA- Clemson level program and beyond.

Will you guys support the Canes? Or will you resort to endless "Lane wouldn't this and that " at every turn you don't care for?

Every AD worth their salt knows
nice gonna steal this and post it in the aaron feld thread. No idea whoever is ranking these sees him as that exceptional.

all opinion based but still nice to have someone who is regarded as one of the best
This is from years ago. There’s no Wilson Love on the list. This must be from 2019 when Lane was at FAU.

What about Wilson Love Ole Miss’ S&C coach being at the top of Saban’s list in 2020

So we hire one of the best ADs in the country, we hire one of the top coaching candidates, and we are letting multiple boosters/Trustees post their own things on Twitter (about stadiums and fund-raising efforts, I'm not talking about Epstein), and yet you claim that UM "wants someone they can control"? ****, "UM Admin" couldn't even control itself.

Yes, they didn't want Lane to be the face of the program. And it is absolutely because of his past, both past-past and recent-past. Lane hasn't changed. Lane will never change. And some of you may like that. But he's still in Mississippi, and he still doesn't have a contract offer to go anywhere else.
Great points on Admin control, lol.

Dude, not gonna front - I partially, like 50/50 legit wanted Lane JUST for the chaos that he'd bring to CFB as Miami's guy, along with his actual coaching prowess. Have been so battered by the last two decades, that the mischief in me was half the equation. Glad we're in grown up territory today.

Lane is my Id's want. Knew it was unlikely, based on the true insiders takes.

Advertisement
Back