Lane doesn't even need a huge offer

Advertisement
Lane would be a huge splash, but if he does what we think he can, he’s gone after two years tops.

Advertisement
Kiffin was a highly popular and successful OC at Bama under Saban ... the greatest success Kiffin has had in his coaching career was at Bama, and
he wants the HC job there when Saban retires. Kiffin needs to prove he can win in the SEC as a HC and thats the only reason he is at Ole Miss. He believes
the SEC is the premier conference and he would have no interest in Miami and the ACC.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting all this?

From other accounts, he's interested in the UM job and hates Mississippi

I didn’t think Kiffin would come, but I am hearing that he is very interested in this Canes job. I think he sees and can realize the potential here. Local football coaches have given Kiffin their stamp of approval. Kiffin also has that big personality like JJ or Schnelly. I like Super Mario, but I would love this Kiffin hire

Advertisement
Kiffin was a highly popular and successful OC at Bama under Saban ... the greatest success Kiffin has had in his coaching career was at Bama, and
he wants the HC job there when Saban retires. Kiffin needs to prove he can win in the SEC as a HC and thats the only reason he is at Ole Miss. He believes
the SEC is the premier conference and he would have no interest in Miami and the ACC.
Wow, you sure seem.to think you know Kiffin's mind.

Kiffin wants to be Bama HC when Saban retires, so he wants to stay in the SEC and prove he can win there. he is a pipe dream
for the Kiffin groupies. sorry kids

Lol; lots of guys at eyeing that bama job after saban retires and there are guys that will be better fits (Mario, dabo, et al).

As for lane, I think he’s clearly the #2 guy especially considering that he is tied to a potential AD hire in white - who is very good as well. Lane is also the type of guy IMO to be ok with Alonzo. It’s pretty hard to **** this up if you’re Miami. You put the full court press on Mario over the next couple weeks. If he says no at season end, go all in with lane and call it a day. Not too worried about another school poaching lane except for possibly UF.

Lol; lots of guys at eyeing that bama job after saban retires and there are guys that will be better fits (Mario, dabo, et al).

As for lane, I think he’s clearly the #2 guy especially considering that he is tied to a potential AD hire in white - who is very good as well. Lane is also the type of guy IMO to be ok with Alonzo. It’s pretty hard to **** this up if you’re Miami. You put the full court press on Mario over the next couple weeks. If he says no at season end, go all in with lane and call it a day. Not too worried about another school poaching lane except for possibly UF.
You're all going to hate this reference, but the Alabama job is like the Manchester United job.

If you don't know 'soccer', there was a legendary Football Manager called Sir Alex Ferguson who was in charge for 27 years and won everything (13 EPL titles, 7 European titles).

They've had 4 managers since (including 2 world class ones), but they've all failed to live up to the standards Ferguson set.

It'll be the same for Saban's successor. He's set them up to fail.

Advertisement
Don't marry them?

1. Best in the sack
2. If you marry one, get a prenup*

*in our case, an extremely high buyout if he leaves voluntarily (like Dabos $42 million) to keep Kiffin from jumping to the NFL ( I don't think he would but I'll go with it since that's what the anti - Kiffin crowd keeps worrying about) and a very reasonable buyout if he gets terminated.

Advertisement
I didnt know we had his brother posting on our side, wow thats pretty cool. Welcome to the board, nice to have a true insider to set us straight.

Advertisement
Back