Lane doesn't even need a huge offer

Advertisement
I don't know the guy but my gut feeling is he wouldn't leave Ole Miss for UF. Using the "Mario ain't comin'" logic, why would Kiffin leave what he's built at Ole Miss for yet another rebuild in the SEC? Ole Miss has as much money any school in the SEC and would be able to match UFs offer. So the next question is, what makes me think he'd leave Ole Miss for UM? That one is easy. It's because he just said he would.
Because Florida can get into the playoffs. What is the highest Ole Miss has ended a season in rankings? In this century.

Florida can get Florida talent. Ole Miss can get talent here and there.

Because Florida can get into the playoffs. What is the highest Ole Miss has ended a season in rankings? In this century.

Florida can get Florida talent. Ole Miss can get talent here and there.

Based on the hints he's been dropping the last few weeks, I think it's safe to say he'd pick UM over UF if the money was the same.

Based on the hints he's been dropping the last few weeks, I think it's safe to say he'd pick UM over UF if the money was the same.
Assuming Mario gets the position, I could see him in Gainesville. If Lincoln Riley turns down LSU, I could see him there. This is a dude who took the Tenn position and lived in Tuscaloosa for years. If there’s a chance to be in the playoffs, he will grab it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back