Lane doesn't even need a huge offer

Advertisement
Saw this in another thread but seems like a not insignificant piece of intel from Andy Slater.

Lane isn't just "interested" in the HC job—as long as UM doesn't low-ball him he would take any reasonable offer. Sure doesn't sound like Andy's source is an agent. And maybe Lane isn't looking for a bidding war.

gettin-a-boner-the-office.gif

Advertisement
Passing on Lane because we are waiting for Mario to make his decision is like a smoking hot chick walking up to you while you are eating a cheeseburger Happy Meal at McDonald's and saying "Let's go f#ck in your car right now", but you respond, "No I have an online girlfriend on the other side of the country, and I'm saving myself for marriage."

Agreed. For once I hope Miami plays the game of poker with all candidates. If Kiffin is ready to commit and Mario is ****ing around strike while the iron is hot

Advertisement
Feel like $6 million per given Florida's lack of state income tax probably gets it done.
No income tax but houses, gas everything else is very high compared to the midwest. Just curious what is gas going for just regular unleaded in south florida these days? I paid $2.76 yesterday.

Advertisement
5 million per year and John Ruiz buys him a boat and we’re good. Lane train cruising out on biscayne bay with 10 hot chicks and films a recruiting video advertisement right then and there. He gets his players an NIL deal with a a speedboat company. Teams around the country accuse us of running drugs. We’re winning. Everyone hates us. Lane runs the score up on notre lame and all is right with the world

5 million per year and John Ruiz buys him a boat and we’re good. Lane train cruising out on biscayne bay with 10 hot chicks and films a recruiting video advertisement right then and there. He gets his players an NIL deal with a a speedboat company. Teams around the country accuse us of running drugs. We’re winning. Everyone hates us. Lane runs the score up on notre lame and all is right with the world
I just got hard

Advertisement
Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Lol; lots of guys at eyeing that bama job after saban retires and there are guys that will be better fits (Mario, dabo, et al).

As for lane, I think he’s clearly the #2 guy especially considering that he is tied to a potential AD hire in white - who is very good as well. Lane is also the type of guy IMO to be ok with Alonzo. It’s pretty hard to **** this up if you’re Miami. You put the full court press on Mario over the next couple weeks. If he says no at season end, go all in with lane and call it a day. Not too worried about another school poaching lane except for possibly UF.
I would guess that is exactly what we are doing.

Lane knows the talent he has access in Miami cant be matched at Ole Miss. Funny *** **** to see the national media and rivals have this narrative that all these dump jobs are better than Miami. Yet coaches are on fire to get hired.

Advertisement
Back