Landon Ibieta Midseason SR HL

Advertisement
Not sure I would say we dropped the ball, Mario seems to have prioritized some major local targets and some of the big fish he had at Oregon. Hasn't even been here a week.
You're right, I'm going to edit to say regret not contacting him. This was no accident, for whatever reason, Mario didn't think he was a fit.

Not saying this guy is not going to end up being the real deal but some of y’all need to chill. Acting like mario is terrible because we losing a 3 star white receiver. Not sure how many of those guys go into be program changing recruits but odds are we are losing at best another berrios. Good player but this guy ain’t the difference in becoming a conference champion or not

Advertisement
Not saying this guy is not going to end up being the real deal but some of y’all need to chill. Acting like mario is terrible because we losing a 3 star white receiver. Not sure how many of those guys go into be program changing recruits but odds are we are losing at best another berrios. Good player but this guy ain’t the difference in becoming a conference champion or not
Why's it matter that he's white?

I just thought of something. It could be that Mario is being really picky about 22 WR because he wants to maximize the slots available for 23 WR. He might be evaluating Ibieta against the 22 options but the 23 options also.

I liked Ibieta but with what we have on the current roster and whats coming with that 2023 WR class..you could afford to let a 3* kid from LA go his own way. We didnt really need 2 WRs in this class IMO unless one of them was a cant miss kid. (Jaylon Gibson or Kevin Coleman Jr)

Many posters said at the beginning of the recruiting cycle that they thought 2 WRs was too many for such a small class.

I am fine with just bringing in Horton if Coleman Jr doesnt want in.

Advertisement
Good luck to him.... On to the next one... Hopefully Mario can pull off some nice surprises by the 15th.... I know this isn't gonna be the "Greatest class ever" but it can absolutely turn out real good.... Once we get a full staff in place the portal guys will take notice... I like where we're at...

I liked Ibieta but with what we have on the current roster and whats coming with that 2023 WR class..you could afford to let a 3* kid from LA go his own way. We didnt really need 2 WRs in this class IMO unless one of them was a cant miss kid. (Jaylon Gibson or Kevin Coleman Jr)

Many posters said at the beginning of the recruiting cycle that they thought 2 WRs was too many for such a small class.

I think we have 7 on the roster, so it can be 2 cause it looks like Coleman is coming. Who's knows if Redding & Worsham are here too.

Advertisement
Good luck to him.... On to the next one... Hopefully Mario can pull off some nice surprises by the 15th.... I know this isn't gonna be the "Greatest class ever" but it can absolutely turn out real good.... Once we get a full staff in place the portal guys will take notice... I like where we're at...
What top flight portal WR wouldn't want to play with TVD? Look at what Rambo did.

Advertisement
That’s all that matters. People getting all worked up over a WR. WR grow in trees and are all over the country. Look back at Keyshawn Smith who popped out of nowhere a couple years ago. I’m not worried about WR. We will be fine

Beast, We're a year removed from Mark Pope, Dee Wiggins and Mike Harley as our starters. Real fans worry about all positions all the time. You sleeping bro.

The problem is that circumstances changed a lot over the season. We lost Payton, Wiggins and Pope and Curtis who was predicted to be a potential wideout candidate didn't make the switch.

Seven wide receivers plus Horton isn't enough to field a proper three deep and kids get injured. 2-3 recruits to get to 9-10 is good.

What in the holy ****... we have an alpha top 5 recruiter and evaluator finally and he's dropping a low-rated kid that was thisclose to ending up at Tulane. This is what it looks like when you are raising the level of talent. Kids that were good enough for the last regime aren't good enough for this one.

But yeah, question Mario.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back