Landon Ibieta Midseason SR HL

Beast, We're a year removed from Mark Pope, Dee Wiggins and Mike Harley as our starters. Real fans worry about all positions all the time. You sleeping bro.

Portal changes things. Also returning we have Brinson, Smith, Smith, George, Restrepo, Redding? And then whoever we sign plus whatever we want to grab in the portal. We will have 9 WR on the roster by the time Spring hits.

Advertisement
What in the holy ****... we have an alpha top 5 recruiter and evaluator finally and he's dropping a low-rated kid that was thisclose to ending up at Tulane. This is what it looks like when you are raising the level of talent. Kids that were good enough for the last regime aren't good enough for this one.

But yeah, question Mario.
This is a message board, I think we are entitled to have our own opinions no? I am fully on board with Mario, love 95% of what he has done but that doesnt mean we have to blindly agree with every single decision. In this case I think it was a mistake dropping Ibieta because I feel like he IS a top tier prospect. Others do as well but everyone has been pretty civil about it.

He was solid to UM, thats why there was no noise from the big boys. There were articles on rival message boards early on that LSU and Alabama came poking around and wanted him on campus right after committing to Miami but he declined. Now that it appears he is available Nebraska and LSU have already offered and my guess is more on the way.

Advertisement
No it's not. Nobody should lose sleep over losing this kid, especially if we can bring in Coleman or Gibson.
That's the key. Both of those guys are upgrades - we bring both of them in, I don't really care and wish him the best of luck.

However if you don't close the deal...then we're left scratching our heads.

What in the holy ****... we have an alpha top 5 recruiter and evaluator finally and he's dropping a low-rated kid that was thisclose to ending up at Tulane. This is what it looks like when you are raising the level of talent. Kids that were good enough for the last regime aren't good enough for this one.

But yeah, question Mario.
Exactly! We've been taking way too many kids that were projects. The kind of kids that Alabama would never touch. With the CFB landscape changing to three and done, Mario needs to be more sure of who he recruits.

Advertisement
This is a message board, I think we are entitled to have our own opinions no? I am fully on board with Mario, love 95% of what he has done but that doesnt mean we have to blindly agree with every single decision. In this case I think it was a mistake dropping Ibieta because I feel like he IS a top tier prospect. Others do as well but everyone has been pretty civil about it.

He was solid to UM, thats why there was no noise from the big boys. There were articles on rival message boards early on that LSU and Alabama came poking around and wanted him on campus right after committing to Miami but he declined. Now that it appears he is available Nebraska and LSU have already offered and my guess is more on the way.

You can have all the opinions you want but don't be a chad. Some of the complaints here, or the nonsense about Mario making a mistake is absurd. Even if you like him, he's borderline. You're a fan. I'm a fan. You're just not used to seeing a legit coach operate.

Exactly! We've been taking way too many kids that were projects. The kind of kids that Alabama would never touch. With the CFB landscape changing to three and done, Mario needs to be more sure of who he recruits.

Exactly. This kid is a fringe prospect. If Mario doesn't think he can succeed here, or thinks there are better prospects available, well, let the man work.

Last edited:

I think we should keep this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's a fixing tuh do guhreat thangs witha his noo faaaimelie.
im laughing so hard GIF

Advertisement
Back