Landon Ibieta Midseason SR HL

Ferman has an article up this morning with some recruiting updates:

- Neither Ibieta or Carswell have heard from Mario so far. Probably doesn't bode well for them

- A few guys committed to Oregon were interested in visiting Miami this weekend but were not encouraged to do so:
Devon Jackson, TJ Dudley and Landon Hullaby. With spots limited it seems like Mario has decided to concentrate on others to fill the class.

Advertisement
Ferman has an article up this morning with some recruiting updates:

- Neither Ibieta or Carswell have heard from Mario so far. Probably doesn't bode well for them

- A few guys committed to Oregon were interested in visiting Miami this weekend but were not encouraged to do so:
Devon Jackson, TJ Dudley and Landon Hullaby. With spots limited it seems like Mario has decided to concentrate on others to fill the class.
We have 8 guys committed and 2 of those haven’t been contacted by Mario yet. How are spots limited? Either Mario has a bunch of stuff up his sleeve or he is planning on going portal heavy.

We have 8 guys committed and 2 of those haven’t been contacted by Mario yet. How are spots limited? Either Mario has a bunch of stuff up his sleeve or he is planning on going portal heavy.

Specific spot like receiver may be limited due to ‘23 class at WR in south Florida is very good

as it stands right now, total HS kids is probably around 16-17. If more leave, more can come in. It's always been said it will be a small class

Luckily, there is the transfer portal option. Whoever is the HC next year needs to get 2-3 OL.

We get Rivers and Campbell back. Can't wait to see Seymore get in there too. IDK if Walker will ever get it right mentally.

This kid is a must-get. I really like coach Likens has done recruiting.
We're good at the skill positions. This young man will be a great addition.
Regarding the offensive line, we'll have a solid starting 5 with Nelson (if he doesn't make a mistake declaring), Rivers, Clark, Scaife, and Campbell. That's a pretty **** good starting 5!!! What we need is depth behind that 5 which will be interesting to see who develops. I don't see a need for any portal OL as Justice said there was no need because of Rivers and Campbell returning. He said that in an interview about a month ago and I agree.

What we need is depth for the future at OL and DL. I don't see portal guys coming because they want to play right away. Them not playing is generally why they are transferring which is why I always shake my head when people think we can just hit the portal for depth behind starters. Not going to happen unless they are going to be starters or they're young players from the crib that want to come home like Walker did which I expect to get a few at other positions.

Advertisement

As I feared.

Dudley surprises me. Would've thought LBs were a priority and there was room.

Advertisement
What was his take on the FSU and Wesley "smoke"
- Noles247 has been reporting over the last 24 hours or so that Florida State will make a final push for Bissainthe after the Dade County native committed to the Hurricanes over the Seminoles last Saturday. I would put my level of concern there at or near zero. If he wanted to be at Florida State, he would have committed to them. I don't think the Hurricanes did anything but help themselves after sending the entire working staff out to see him and his mom the same night that he was officially introduced at UM.

The Seminoles will go in-home with Bissainthe on Thursday as their final swing in this one.

Advertisement
Mario and Mirabal heading up to Georgia today to meet with Jacurri Brown AND Carswell. Gaby indicated Carswell had some interest from ORegon also during the summer....
I remember reading Carswell having a UO offer so it sounded weird Mario would ghost him. If we drop Ibieta I really hope it's cuz Mario feels really confident about landing Coleman.

Advertisement
Mario and Mirabal heading up to Georgia today to meet with Jacurri Brown AND Carswell. Gaby indicated Carswell had some interest from ORegon also during the summer....
Wait, so maybe there is hope for Ibieta after all? If they are visiting Carswell today and it was earlier reported that both he and Carswell hadn't been contacted.

Advertisement
Back