Lamont Gaillard

lol He's a low key kid. I think Georgia leads but he would never "gush" in an interview unless he was 100% Cane. Wait and see….

Uh, it's approx 72 hours before signing day.
If he isn't 100 percent Cane as of this weekend, what makes you think he's coming to Coral Gables?
The shti people post around here.

I don't think he is coming, but a 17-18 year old kid can't change his mind in three days? What kind of nonsense is that? Like every kid is locked after his final visit.

I think you guys are missing the point. It's fail after fail after fail...this is just another fail. Stop trying to over-analyze and let us vent.

Advertisement
lol He's a low key kid. I think Georgia leads but he would never "gush" in an interview unless he was 100% Cane. Wait and see….

If he isn't 100 percent Cane as of this weekend, what makes you think he's coming to Coral Gables?

I don't think he is coming, but a 17-18 year old kid can't change his mind in three days? What kind of nonsense is that? Like every kid is locked after his final visit.

I think you guys are missing the point. It's fail after fail after fail...this is just another fail. Stop trying to over-analyze and let us vent.

You can vent. Doesn't mean it should be something that doesn't make any sense. What he wrote, doesn't make any more sense than what he was responding to.

I'm no teenage psychologist, but I've been following recruiting for more than 30 years.
And from what I've observed over the years is that regardless of what the recruiting publications
write, kids are usually certain of where they are headed entering into that last weekend.
Remember, he committed to UGA.
In this recruiting contest, they are the incumbent, whilst we are the challenger.
It doesn't sound like he was unhappy with UGA and looking to flip away from them.
This trip was more along the lines of confirming his initial decision, and it doesn't sound
like he was swayed from it.

How is it a fail when there was a 0 percent chance he was coming to Miami? Our fans never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

Advertisement
I mentioned earlier, we don't seem to be getting a ton of "pop" off our visits at all this year. Previous years the big time OOSers would at least say we were a 10 before staying home, this year we're getting the "meh" review more often than not. I'll save my wildly irresponsible speculation for why for post signing day.

I'd be like "meh" too if I looked around a saw a bunch of studs that could be my teammates and KNOW that despite having these guys, the team STILL allowed 500 yards of offense to teams like Wake and Duke and actually LOST to Duke and VTech...teams that couldn't score against anyone else. Why would I want to play in a defense like that? When it comes to offense, if I'm a recruit...what's the draw? We have an unknown commodity at QB, and the incoming "stud" is from across the country and most people don't know about. They aren't going a place that has fun 9 weekends a year putting up 65+ on lesser opponents like they could in Tallahassee, Columbus or ugene... Instead they are being asked to buy into a program that PREVIOUSLY was great, has been under restrictions by administration because of the prior investigation by the NCAA so perhaps some of the fringe benefits available at other institutions aren't at Miami....couple that with a gameday environment that isn't like other big state institutions, with an off-campus stadium (40min away), and facilities that aren't on par with some other things.... there comes a point like "why bother?" enters the recruits mind I'm sure.
Couple all those factors with an academic environment that the school makes it seem like Harvard but no one outside of that institution thinks that. The law school is average. The school is average. Is it better than LSU or FSU? Perhaps... but who the **** cares? These kids aren't becoming doctors and lawyers... some can barely read.
AND they are being asked to buy into a Coach that has never had success. He's never gotten above the "improved" status at a schoola dn his defense has NEVER had success against any competition that is competent and can throw.

Go ahead and throw some statistics out to prove me wrong. Temple's defenses were great.... and the teams they played couldn't throw and stunk offensively. There is no guarantee of success.... where as going to another school.... probably seems like a surer bet.

I choose Stanford 100 times out of 100 over Miami. Thats a no brainer. What about LSU? What position if I play at Miami would I be at a better position to succeed in the NFL than if I went to LSU? I can't think of one. NOt even RB, a position that Miami dominated the NFL ALL pro team with former graduates... Solinger is gone.... and Miami is producing backups like Lamar and James.... what about TE? People don't even remember Winslow and Shockey... Chud isn't here anymore and Coley rarely uses Tes....

Defense... forget it. Miami is a tough sell right now.

You can vent. Doesn't mean it should be something that doesn't make any sense. What he wrote, doesn't make any more sense than what he was responding to.

It's a failure of leadership that led to this failure in strategy. Having to flip guys at the 11th hour because you couldn't properly plan for contingencies earlier on. This has become the hallmark of this staff, same thing last year when we let the guys at the top slip away without a backup plan. Nothing Al does now can be lauded, he gets a big fat F for effort at this point and I don't want to have to hear you guys tell us that "he tried." Fack off

I'm no teenage psychologist, but I've been following recruiting for more than 30 years.
And from what I've observed over the years is that regardless of what the recruiting publications
write, kids are usually certain of where they are headed entering into that last weekend.
In this recruiting contest, they are the incumbent, whilst we are the challenger.
It doesn't sound like he was unhappy with UGA and looking to flip away from them.
This trip was more along the lines of confirming his initial decision, and it doesn't sound

He was a little unhappy because the defensive coaching staff he committed to had been decimated. BTW, where are the quotes? I see people giving what he rated his visit. What else did he say?

It's a failure of leadership that led to this failure in strategy. Having to flip guys at the 11th hour because you couldn't properly plan for contingencies earlier on. This has become the hallmark of this staff, same thing last year when we let the guys at the top slip away without a backup plan. Nothing Al does now can be lauded, he gets a big fat F for effort at this point and I don't want to have to hear you guys tell us that "he tried." Fack off

So the 4 DTs including the two JUCOs aren't the contingency plan? People ***** about the Earl Moore's, Briscoes and Iverys but it sounds like you'd like to have guys of that caliber ready to commit. There is plenty to be upset about. But going after an All-American in the final weekend when you have 4 DTs in your pocket isn't a crazy, rudderless plan.

Advertisement

He was a little unhappy because the defensive coaching staff he committed to had been decimated. BTW, where are the quotes? I see people giving what he rated his visit. What else did he say?

Yeah, I'm sure he was a little concerned over the coaching changes on his side of the ball.
But didn't they recently hire the f$U DC?
I'm sure Mark Richt and (new) staff can overcome that issue with the kid.

So the 4 DTs including the two JUCOs aren't the contingency plan? People **** about the Earl Moore's, Briscoes and Iverys but it sounds like you'd like to have guys of that caliber ready to commit. There is plenty to be upset about. But going after an All-American in the final weekend when you have 4 DTs in your pocket isn't a crazy, rudderless plan.

LOL. The two studs that everyone pencilled in during 2012 as the next great Miami tackles that spurned us for FSU and UF last year...and Mr. Valentine are NOT the same as Brisco and Ivery. Home grown talent going to FSU, UF and LSU replenishing their store of NFL read DTs...and leaving us with guys who can't stop Duke.

35.jpg

I mentioned earlier, we don't seem to be getting a ton of "pop" off our visits at all this year. Previous years the big time OOSers would at least say we were a 10 before staying home, this year we're getting the "meh" review more often than not. I'll save my wildly irresponsible speculation for why for post signing day.

Just my opinoin, but we should stop taking kids bowling. This is Miami.

Advertisement

So the 4 DTs including the two JUCOs aren't the contingency plan? People **** about the Earl Moore's, Briscoes and Iverys but it sounds like you'd like to have guys of that caliber ready to commit. There is plenty to be upset about. But going after an All-American in the final weekend when you have 4 DTs in your pocket isn't a crazy, rudderless plan.

LOL. The two studs that everyone pencilled in during 2012 as the next great Miami tackles that spurned us for FSU and UF last year...and Mr. Valentine are NOT the same as Brisco and Ivery. Home grown talent going to FSU, UF and LSU replenishing their store of NFL read DTs...and leaving us with guys who can't stop Duke.

You're not even arguing the same point as the guy you're agreeing with. He is talking about backup plans when the the top guys get away. When Valentine and Galliard go elsewhere there appear to be 4 DTs in their back pocket that will be here.

Is that the activity they engage in? WTF.
The Grove.... and a night out in South Beach. That's it. Nothing less.

Frank Haith took Durand Scott to a strip club on his recruiting visit. He was classified as an unknown football player in the Yahoo article. That along with whatever shady **** Haith did probably cost us an NCAA tourney bid in 2012 when Durand and Reggie missed the ACC tournament game against FSU.

Advertisement

They should take the country kids to Key Largo or something. Small town feel only 40 minutes away.

There is No bowling alley in Key Largo,,,,lol

They should take the country kids to Key Largo or something. Small town feel only 40 minutes away.

Cue bowling gifs

ani__bowling_ball_buff.gif

bear-bowling-happy-dance-naked-shirtless-beard-gif-furry-hairy-chest-nips-pits-cap-hat.gif

53.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back