Lammons has something to say to the board (prob tito)

The fact of the matter is that most schools' fanbases don't have such a prevalent, big, and quality message board following recruiting that is public like this one. Most teams' recruiting boards that go as in depth in conversation and coverage as this one are private sites. There is a great thing about the greater accessibility this site provides, but there is definitely also the negative concerns mentioned in this thread.

Every recruiting board has people saying the full spectrum of things (blind praise, fair criticism, crazy ******** cursing out teenagers), the difference is that when every other school is doing that on a private forum that is less accessible to the recruits and this site has all of that accessible to recruits, in their minds the reality becomes that Miami fans are ******** and it may influence the extent to which they want to be a part of it.

Advertisement
Chad is not happy right now

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 2h
Funny how fans say ignore what fans say in message boards but turn around and tweet to a kid about coming to their school. Listen then huh?

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 17m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators Im around these kids everyday. That's all I'm going to say. Think what you want. Let me talk about you in public

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 14m
Starting up a message board to talk about people's character and how they are not good at their jobs. Anyone one want to signup?

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 13m
BTW, will also post things not based in facts and start false rumors but don't get mad though it's only about YOU. #thinkaboutit

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 10m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators ok so talk bad about your girlfriend then ask her to marry you. Tell me how that works out for you.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 9m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators I'm trying to help you guys but I'm about to give up. You guys lose it when they go elsewhere. I keep living.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 8m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators one of the factors not everything. Wake up. When all else is equal never know what sways them. They're teens

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 6m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators when it is perceived that there are less lames elsewhere. You want to argue with me but my eligibility is up.

@paytonsteele10 @fugggators dudes trying to defend their right to talk bad about recruits they want. I don't get it. Do what you want.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 3m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators So don't listen to the message boards but listen to the Come to My School Tweets? Be real. They take it all in.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 2m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators and they won't.. don't worry about it. They'll go be pussies elsewhere and keep us where we're at. Congrats

Last edited:
So two 5'8" cb's are Miami's top 2 prospects at the position????.... i really hope we have a chance at some big time oos prospects this year.

Change of direction, lateral quickness, exlposiveness, vert, and ball skills are more important than height at the college level for corners IMO. Lammons just happens to have a 35 inch vert.

I'll take an Alphonso Smith type corner any day of the week. Height for college corners is overrated.

this board is fast approaching scout free board status. what the **** happened here? bring the WEZ back.

get Lammons in this class **** it

Mods need to have a purge.

Get rid of the retards and dudes who are straight spamming the boards, because it is becoming unbearable.

Totally agree, there are a ton of idiots trolling this board.

I don't fault Tito though, he gave his assessment of Lammons, am I in agreement, no, but Tito is entitled to his opinions.

Advertisement
Thousands of years from now when alien life forms are scouring the Earth and studying what led to the downfall and eventual extinction of man, they will conclude that it began with Twitter.

I learned a while ago that if I didn't have anything nice to say, try not to say it at all. I'm not perfect but I'm also not the one making assessments on these kids anyway. Like my opinion of their negative attributes matter lol. And just for conversation purposes I'd take Lammons in a skinny minute.

This board is doing way more harm than it is good.

And this is what happens when you let people bash recruits all they want and do nothing about it. Looks bad on our fanbase as a whole.

Is it likely that a negative comment on a message board is going to influence a kid's decision? No. But why even take the chance by allowing it? Just ban that ****.

It's one thing to say you don't think a kid is good enough or he's not Miami caliber. That's fine. But we have people on this board calling recruits obscenities, cursing at them, attacking their parents/relatives, and being unnecessarily vicious and mean. Which is ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed here.

YEP. I dont understand is why it's ok to BASH and call recruits ***gots, *******, etc..... On here. Lol SOME people where all over Yearby at one point. TJ because he "decommited". Before anyone knew the true story, that UMs staff went another way, posters on here started with attacking him as well as his Fam.

So two 5'8" cb's are Miami's top 2 prospects at the position????.... i really hope we have a chance at some big time oos prospects this year.

Change of direction, lateral quickness, exlposiveness, vert, and ball skills are more important than height at the college level for corners IMO. Lammons just happens to have a 35 inch vert.

I'll take an Alphonso Smith type corner any day of the week. Height for college corners is overrated.

Lammons is the next in a long line of short corners that just flat out ball. I know we all would have loved to have Hosley and Allen at corner the past few years...he is just as good a prospect as they were and those are NFL types.

Advertisement
Chad is not happy right now

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 2h
Funny how fans say ignore what fans say in message boards but turn around and tweet to a kid about coming to their school. Listen then huh?

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 17m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators Im around these kids everyday. That's all I'm going to say. Think what you want. Let me talk about you in public

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 14m
Starting up a message board to talk about people's character and how they are not good at their jobs. Anyone one want to signup?

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 13m
BTW, will also post things not based in facts and start false rumors but don't get mad though it's only about YOU. #thinkaboutit

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 10m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators ok so talk bad about your girlfriend then ask her to marry you. Tell me how that works out for you.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 9m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators I'm trying to help you guys but I'm about to give up. You guys lose it when they go elsewhere. I keep living.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 8m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators one of the factors not everything. Wake up. When all else is equal never know what sways them. They're teens

@paytonsteele10 @fugggators when it is perceived that there are less lames elsewhere. You want to argue with me but my eligibility is up.

@paytonsteele10 @fugggators dudes trying to defend their right to talk bad about recruits they want. I don't get it. Do what you want.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 3m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators So don't listen to the message boards but listen to the Come to My School Tweets? Be real. They take it all in.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 2m
@paytonsteele10 @fugggators and they won't.. don't worry about it. They'll go be pussies elsewhere and keep us where we're at. Congrats

CW with ALL TRUTH. People LOVE TO USE EXCUSES as to why they should be able to bash kids, but never want to confront the negative in doing so.

If this kid has a legit offer from us, why does he care what some critic says? The staff found him worthy of an offer and that should mean something. A fan says "wait" that shouldn't mean much.

Last edited:
These kids need to realize that they are going to get this their whole careers in football no matter where they go, everybody is going to say something about them, and there is always going to be those stupid fans that know nothing who come on the boards and say stupid **** about a kid, Lammons, Wilson if you are reading this take a note if this because its always going to happen, and dont base your decision on just those stupid fans and what reporters say about you

GO CANES

I got a question for Mr. Lammons and Chad Wilson and anyone else who wants to get bent because a novice recruiting insider questions any aspect of a recruits game.

Why do you care?

The best talent evaluators in the country told Geno Smith that he sucks and all he said was "we'll see someone's gonna take me." If Golden wants Chris that is all he should care about and the same goes for Wilson. He needs to stop talking to idiots on twitter and talk to the coaches chasing your kids.

I agree that there's no excuse for personal attacks or the use of slurs to describe an athlete's disposition or decision making but, this popped off when Cash legitimately questioned Lammons' height and performance. Whether he is right or not is for the coaches to decide and those are the opinions Chris should worry about.

I promise you Chris the second you sign an LOI to Miami this entire board will want nothing but the very best for you.

Advertisement
Never bashed a recruit. Other than my recent post about them letting a message board sway their desicion.( which is nothing but truth). And really how do you know they are even a fan of the u or fsu or cal. How do you know? How do you know i am not fsu fan? One site even talked about fake negative tweets to recruits from other schools.
And smh at myself for caring

Holy ****. WHo the **** is Chad Wilson? Does he do recruit evaluations? Does he just gush over how great every recruit is? He never says anything honest if the kid didn't do very well at a camp?

This thread is completely potato. Tito saw the kid at a 7 on 7 thing and gave an honest opinion about how Lammons did that day. It's not bashing the kid. Give it up already.

I guess people like Chad Wilson think we should just tell these kids how great they are so they never bother trying to get better. One of the things that's wrong with kids these days. They come into a college program thinking they're already the best they can be. It's a rude awakening. Kids like that usually get in the coaches doghouse quick and have to fight their way out.

I hope Lammons uses it as motivation and balls out if he's so miffed about it. Because if he comes to Miami, our coaches are going to demand he improve each and every day he's here. Even Darrel Revis and Champ Bailey are trying to improve each day right now. You can always improve.

Dmoney hit the nail on the head. There's a big difference between giving a critical evaluation and just straight-up insulting the kid. Unfortunately, bruised egos can block any type of comprehension when it comes to distinguishing the two.

Advertisement
If he can't handle the fan pressure, he SHOULDN'T come here. He's just gonna flame out.

You want to be an athlete, that's the way it is.

You think NFL fans are any kinder?

The great ones take in the criticism and use it as fuel to get better.

The point CW is making is that recruits take EVERYTHING in.. I don't disagree that Tito gave a critical / fair opinion of Lammons, but. But this is a 17 yr old kid, and the forum that isrepresentative of the Canes fan base said he shouldn't be in this class bc he's not good enough.. You can tell the kid to have thick skin, but it's still gonna **** him off.

We are an extension of the U and its recruiting efforts whether we want to be responsible for it, or not.

Lammons i love you as a player use this as fuel brotha take this use it and get better stud and as always come on down to the U

Advertisement
Back