Lamar Thomas

He has no chance of returning after his stunt during the FIU brawl. I was actually surprised he got a coaching gig.

Add me to the list that doesn't have a problem with his antics at Louisville. He's got a job to do, it was within the rules, and that's a that matters to me. I don't believe there's dirty recruiting, just recruiting.

Advertisement
That guy is a traitor. Trashed us on Twitter comparing UL's blackouts to our fans musings pictures of our Spring game. ***** him.

And I'd be cool with him doing that for us. College football's a business. He's currently cashing checks from UoL. Not his problem we had Albortion in place for nearly 5 years.

So he's gonna trash us to recruits then come back and tell the recruits they should come here?

Yeah because he is short sighted and not smart enough to know what says and does will come back and haunt him. He thinks if he come to work for Miami and say its a great place they will believe him after all what he said before

He's a really dumb guy. And he's a bridge-burning **** on top of it. He can drown in a bukkake movie.

That guy is a traitor. Trashed us on Twitter comparing UL's blackouts to our fans musings pictures of our Spring game. ***** him.

And I'd be cool with him doing that for us. College football's a business. He's currently cashing checks from UoL. Not his problem we had Albortion in place for nearly 5 years.

So he's gonna trash us to recruits then come back and tell the recruits they should come here?

Yeah because he is short sighted and not smart enough to know what says and does will come back and haunt him. He thinks if he come to work for Miami and say its a great place they will believe him after all what he said before

Kind of hard for a coach to go ahead and sell you on one school over another. Then get removed from a school and try to sell them on a school you were just downplaying. It's part of the game. You new to recruiting?

Lamar didn't say anything about Miami that any other passionate fan hasn't, and he has skin in the game. Quit being so sensitive.

Publicly while recruiting against his "beloved alma mater"? Have you seen something like this from ex-canes coaches competing with Miami for recruits? He went beyond his call of duty while trying to establish himself at Louisville. You can recruit against Miami but you don't have to be worse than Urban Meyer doing it.

All's fair in love and war. He has a job to do. If anything, that'd be more of a reason to have him on staff; remove emotion and try to get the job done.

I don't know why'd you invoke Urban Meyer and his recruiting acumen in comparison to Lamar and think it's a negative.
This.

Advertisement
I don't care what you tell a recruit behind the scenes but publicly blasting us? Nah, ***** you dude. Stay at that sinking ship.

He'd be better than the highschool coach we have now.

What has he done to deserve this statement if I may ask?
No more hiring assistant coaches just because they have connection to the program. This is a new era of Miami football with a real HC in charge.

Last edited:
There are probably 100 more qualified coaches.

People have this warped view of A) what coaching staffs do and B) what a HC does

They think the whole job of coaches is to rub shoulders with local HS coaches and become friends with 16 year olds.

And they think a HC is some magical guy who uses "skemes bro" and cool speeches to make everyone better, regardless of anything else.

It's so **** frustrating to see people STILL not understand that we have had a staff full of amateurs here for a **** decade.

Advertisement
If it is a "business decision" for him to bad mouth UM, it should be a business decision for us to find better coaches than him....right? Then why even mention his name? The only reason his name is mentioned is because he played here before. Not because he is an outstanding assistant coach.
Is it unfair, now to only see him as any other assistant coach in the country - and not think of him as a Cane who has advantage over other available assistant coaches? I say it is fair. He gets no extra consideration from me anymore.

Yeah, no thanks. Enjoy Louisville and your attempts at publicly trashing your precious alma mater.

Some of ya'll dudes need to man up! The man has to eat and so does his family. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to eat in order to make sure you still have a future, in his case he had to bad mouth his alma mater. Does that mean he hates Miami or mean anything he said, of course not! If he's better than Beard or can contribute any other way then of course I will take him back..

Lamar didn't say anything about Miami that any other passionate fan hasn't, and he has skin in the game. Quit being so sensitive.

Publicly while recruiting against his "beloved alma mater"? Have you seen something like this from ex-canes coaches competing with Miami for recruits? He went beyond his call of duty while trying to establish himself at Louisville. You can recruit against Miami but you don't have to be worse than Urban Meyer doing it.

All's fair in love and war. He has a job to do. If anything, that'd be more of a reason to have him on staff; remove emotion and try to get the job done.

I don't know why'd you invoke Urban Meyer and his recruiting acumen in comparison to Lamar and think it's a negative.
This.

Exactly!!

Advertisement
Yeah, no thanks. Enjoy Louisville and your attempts at publicly trashing your precious alma mater.

Some of ya'll dudes need to man up! The man has to eat and so does his family. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to eat in order to make sure you still have a future, in his case he had to bad mouth his alma mater. Does that mean he hates Miami or mean anything he said, of course not! If he's better than Beard or can contribute any other way then of course I will take him back..

I can actually agree with that.

I know Thomas was a baller here, but for the life of me whenever I think of him I also think of George Teague. Wish I remembered another play of his, I just can't get that one out of my head.

You do realize that our coaches will have alma mater's different than UM. So when it comes down to landing a kid like Devin Hester or Dalvin Cook and it is between their Alma mater and UM, you cool with the coach saying their Alma mater is a good school, losing the recruit in the end?

Or having a coach regardless of his situation close the deal even if he has to point out the negatives about his alma mater? If you want to be the guy who can't talk negative about UM because of your love for the school...cool....but you could not coach for me.

Our coaches will have Alma Mater's other than UM. If it came down to Dalvin Cook, Percy Harvin or Devin Hester I bet they would want the coach to do what it takes to land them even if it meant talking negative about their Alma mater. Dudes on here be tripping man

Advertisement
What a bunch of amateurs. There is a difference between negative recruiting, which you have to do if you want to survive, and making fun of your alma mater publicly on social media. There are ways to sell your program AND criticize the other program without stooping to that level.

Our coaches will have Alma Mater's other than UM. If it came down to Dalvin Cook, Percy Harvin or Devin Hester I bet they would want the coach to do what it takes to land them even if it meant talking negative about their Alma mater. Dudes on here be tripping man

That's fine. Sit in the kid's living room and sell your program while ripping Miami. But don't go public with it. That's just stupid.

If it is a "business decision" for him to bad mouth UM, it should be a business decision for us to find better coaches than him....right? Then why even mention his name? The only reason his name is mentioned is because he played here before. Not because he is an outstanding assistant coach.
Is it unfair, now to only see him as any other assistant coach in the country - and not think of him as a Cane who has advantage over other available assistant coaches? I say it is fair. He gets no extra consideration from me anymore.

As you can see, that logic doesn't fly with some of the soft shouldered friends and family or fanboys of these former players that seem to believe that we should run a charity if you're a legacy of this program. Cristobal bolts after 3 hrs on the job here, has zero interest from any other programs that have head coaching openings but we should hire him because he's a Cane. Lamar acts like a complete idiot and resorts to low rent amateur tactics that he knows will be exploited publicly but we should hire him because he's a Cane even though he's proven to be nothing special in his actual job.

Being a former player here should pretty much act as a tiebreaker between you and any other similarly qualified candidates. Being a former player that has treated us like **** because you have to "feed the fam" and are too lazy to recruit properly or because you mistakenly thought the midget king of Alabama would help your career (more than it has apparently) certainly exempts us from having to provide you a career opportunity now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back