Lamar Miller, Tommy Streeter, Travis Benjamin

Who replaces their big play ability this year?

I think Phil Dorsett can provide a spark at WR. I really like Duke and feel like he will contribute immediate dividends. I also would like to see Hurns healthy all season, kid played very well at the beginning of the year.

Advertisement
Who replaces their big play ability this year?

I think Phil Dorsett can provide a spark at WR. I really like Duke and feel like he will contribute immediate dividends. I also would like to see Hurns healthy all season, kid played very well at the beginning of the year.

I am a big big Hurns fan. I have been a fan from the first time I saw him when we were recruiting him. Unfortunately I just dont see someone who has the tools Streeter had, but we have such a nice mix, we can collectively come up with big plays. For this year I dont see that go-to receiver or back but I see a ton of talent depth wise.

Duke, Lewis, and Lockhart are all guys who look like they can bust out early too.

Advertisement
Bottom line we didnt have a QB who could get these kids the ball on the run or when they were open. He either threw it up for grabs or they had to stop or slow down to catch it. You can run a 4.3 all you want but the QB has to have the arm to get it you in stride. I think Morris is the man and all the WR and backs will benefit.

I bet dorsett will be a better deep threat than TB3...

My boy clements will take over the run game, and walford at TE will be our redzone jump ball threat.

I don't understand why PD and Lewis' speed isn't talked about the way TB and Lamar's were. I saw a list of 100 times on here, and those guys are just as fast coming in. Plus, I think they are more polished football players at this point.

Advertisement
benjamin didnt do much last year.......i would expect dorsett to be able to be more productive

between clements and duke......i think making up millers production should be easy

streeter will be the tough one........i think hurns made the strides he did largely because of the type of season tommy was having.....but hopefully that production can be made up between guys like lewis.....lockhart.......and scott as a group

Does Malcom Lewis make the three deep as a true freshman

I think so.

You figure Hurns, Dorsett and Scott will be our top 3 since they're here for spring ball. Lockhart will also be in the mix when he gets on campus as will AJL. Some say Lewis was the best WR in our class so you have to think he'll be in the rotation.

We'll have rely on our young guys big time this season. Only two in that list with Solid PT in college are Hurns and Dorsett.

We are use to playing without Lamar, he was not the same the last four games roughly? The only two players I REALLY wanted back was Streeter and Vernon

Advertisement
I think better conditioning/strength program will help as well. We have a team full of kids from so. florida. Cetainly with right coaching we have the players to get close, if not exceed what the three mentioned did this year.

In a land where only a few could or would perform, we had a few who stood out and excelled.

I hope with newcomers, new attitude, and coaching, we won't have to rely on just a few to make things happen - EVERYONE will be making outstanding plays.

benjamin didnt do much last year.......i would expect dorsett to be able to be more productive

between clements and duke......i think making up millers production should be easy

streeter will be the tough one........i think hurns made the strides he did largely because of the type of season tommy was having.....but hopefully that production can be made up between guys like lewis.....lockhart.......and scott as a group

I kinda thought Hurns was outshining Streeter the first few games before Jacory started locking in on Streeter all the time. But I agree with the rest you said.

Advertisement

I kinda thought Hurns was outshining Streeter the first few games before Jacory started locking in on Streeter all the time. But I agree with the rest you said.

Streeter was a beast but in any given game you could see Hurns running around wide open without a look going his way. I think he was playing hurt too, wasnt he?

I like Morris, I just cant put blind hope into him yet to be the guy that makes those clutch decisions. He should have solid weapons though for sure.

Advertisement
Back