Lamar Miller, Tommy Streeter, Travis Benjamin

Advertisement
Duke and Clements will step up in the run game. Dorsett and Hurns looked ready to take the next step in the passing game.

I just dont see it.

But, if we play like a team, then we can definitely put up better overall numbers. I like guys like Hurns, PD, Clements etc but put all the blind optimism aside and we just arent replacing those 3 this year unless a couple of these freshmen go nuts.

Advertisement
A little off the topic, but I expect Rashawn Scott to be the next great WR out of the U. Malcolm Lewis replaces Benjamin, Clemenets replaces Miller, Hurns replaces Streeter. I doubt they put up the kind of #s the past players had though.

Advertisement
Did we get a lot of big plays out of TB3 last year? I don't remember too many.

I don't remember that many. I was pretty underwhelmed by his performance this year. Idk if we replace any of those guys this year and really don't have any expectations this going into this year as we'll be breaking in players all over the field

I'm not sure anyone replaces Streeter...his big play ability was awesome last year. (I think he made a huge mistake leaving early).

Miller can be replaced, just have to find a back with the speed he has. His toughness was a question, I thought.

Benjamin will be easier to replace as long as they can find somebody to at least field a punt.

Advertisement
Alan Hurns improved a lot going into last year and I don't see why he won't make the same jump going into this year.

RB: Clements / Duke
WR - Hurns and Dorsett
TE - Walfard is going to surprise some folks.

I also think we are going to get better QB play.

we really only have to replace lamar and tstreets, seeing as tb3 didn't do **** as a wr last year (and not much outside of the city of tally for most of his career- he did even less for us when returning)

like most have said, i think clements will do a sufficient job getting in for miller's spot this year.

hurns and dorsett are the easy picks for wr, but i think we'll end up having a couple guys make a step up since that's what we've seen the last couple years (hank then streeter most notably)

I'm not sure anyone replaces Streeter...his big play ability was awesome last year. (I think he made a huge mistake leaving early).

Miller can be replaced, just have to find a back with the speed he has. His toughness was a question, I thought.

Benjamin will be easier to replace as long as they can find somebody to at least field a punt.

yeah, i kinda remember hearing something similar when hank left......

Advertisement
Better defense, better special teams, better coaching.

Defense has to become a strength because there's not enough proven players on offense yet. There's been a significant upgrade in talent on defense at every level, but I never feel good about relying on freshman to win a championship. Still, AG has said he's been in this situation before and that his young teams have played well. D'Onofrio will have to be on point. The defense will have to be more stout, force more turnovers and take it to the house.

Special teams have to become more explosive, particularly in the kicking game. Kick and punt coverage has improved under AG, now MIAMI's got a slew of options in the return game and they have to score if they are to offset Miller, Street, and Benjamin.

Jedd understands that QBs must play within themselves and he designs the offense around his skill set. Whoever is the QB will be under a lot of pressure to be efficient, until playmakers evolve. I don't like depending on freshman, so I'm relying on Fisch and his staff to be on these boys like white on rice. Fisch's playcalling is going to have to be on point.

Mike James *******!!!!! lol
Watch for him this yr. Hopefully he wont get put in as many OBVIOUS running situations this year and we will see just how good he is. Late in the year he had a few really nice runs and showed some solid burst. I think Clements will do well but I can almost guarantee you MJ will be the starter. I also think Rashawn Scott will be a solid deep threat for us this year. We will have some Freshman impact at that position this year for sure. I think Dorsett will tear it up. I think Duke or Davis will return punts and we will most definitely have freshman returning kicks.

Advertisement
Back