Kul out at Bama

So how long till you think that Ingraham hits the portal lol!

Depends on what goes down at Alabama in 2019. Lots of changes. Also, seems Saban, after that L to Clemson and the mass departures...he supposedly wasn't very happy with the style of the team all year...so, wouldn't shock me if many players are on a very short leash to uphold the standard or to hit the bricks. Saban mad af.

Advertisement
Depends on what goes down at Alabama in 2019. Lots of changes. Also, seems Saban, after that L to Clemson and the mass departures...he supposedly wasn't very happy with the style of the team all year...so, wouldn't shock me if many players are on a very short leash to uphold the standard or to hit the bricks. Saban mad af.
Saban is 67 years old. I bet if he doesn’t win the NC this year he will retire!

So how long till you think that Ingraham hits the portal lol!
Interesting question. I count on Saban to hire a great DL coach, so I definitely don’t think that would be a reason for Ingraham to leave. I also think Ingraham is good enough for Alabaga. But if Kul leaving is a signal on style of play, then the question should be whether he wants to be a 3-4 DE. He doesn’t seem like a NT. I think he would probably do better as a DT at UM given scheme and style (4-3 and 1 gap vs. 2) than an Alabama DL. Purely on fit, ignoring SEC, etc.

Interesting question. I count on Saban to hire a great DL coach, so I definitely don’t think that would be a reason for Ingraham to leave. I also think Ingraham is good enough for Alabaga. But if Kul leaving is a signal on style of play, then the question should be whether he wants to be a 3-4 DE. He doesn’t seem like a NT. I think he would probably do better as a DT at UM given scheme and style (4-3 and 1 gap vs. 2) than an Alabama DL. Purely on fit, ignoring SEC, etc.
Excellent analysis and you are exactly right. It was foolish for him to go to Bama in the first place because unless he can put on 40 pounds of muscle and maintain his speed he won’t contribute their.

You’re right. His $ will eventually be as a penetrating 3T. So he decides to go play DE and 2 gap...

Advertisement
There is definitely some talk about this on the Bama board. It seems to be a combination of this philosophy difference and also Kul’s disinterest in recruiting. Some posters mentioned Kul maybe moving to an off field position there, others seemed to feel he really just wants to go to the NFL. Seems like the changeover will happen after NSD.
weird experiment. you run a 3-4 and you hire a D Line coach that likes to run a 4-3. not really a plausible excuse to me.

Advertisement
Hopefully Saban gets hit by a bus.

Advertisement
Whatever you think about Kul as a recruiter the dude can flat out coach DL. Must be a world class doucher

Advertisement
Nobody’s gonna tell u this, but there was some tension between the two when Kul got that associate head coach job and that raise. But now it’s TNM so manny might not give a fvck.
Manny wants nothing to do with bringing this fat shiftless lump of **** back here.

Why is everyone whoever worked here always a candidate to return in the minds of message board posters?

Manny wants nothing to do with bringing this fat shiftless lump of **** back here.

Why is everyone whoever worked here always a candidate to return in the minds of message board posters?

I mean. I guess. Don’t really care honestly. Long as we win.

Advertisement
Back