Kris Bogle

A Clip I saw of him.He was playing coverage and running stride for stride with a bnch of scat backs at about 220. Kid looks like he can play LB HERE. He looks like Mccloud. I kinda like his ability as a LB more so than DE.

Super 11: Jahfari Harvey

We were recruiting him at LB until we visited him in person in spring.

After that, Simpson fell in love with him as a DE. That tells me a lot about his frame and growth potential.

Advertisement
Harvey reminds me of the kind of kid we use the Jimmy Johnson rule with when it comes to position. LBs become DEs.

Really like his athleticism and he does have the type of frame and explosion that can hold a fast, explosive, 245-250.

One of the top pass-rushers in the Sunshine State, the Fort Pierce (Fla.) Vero Beach defensive end checks all the boxes as an edge guy and has emerged as a top recruit for several programs including Miami. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Harvey had 12 sacks as a junior, is relentless getting after the quarterback and also shows ability to make plays in space and tackle 1-on-1 in the open field. He has over 20 offers including the Hurricanes, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Louisville, Mississippi State, Nebraska and Oregon.

Advertisement
My only concern is all of our defensive ends we are after are light, weight wise. Bogle and Summerall need to add significant weight to play as a freshman so does Harvey. Ingraham is gonna get moved inside too. Maybe Rousseau should remind me that it's easy to add 20 pounds in a few months haha.

Na. No concerns. Land Bogle and Summerall. PERIOD

I met a staffer at Gibbons today. We started taking football. He’s a U fan. I asked him what’s up with Bogle and he got all excited. So you follow recruiting huh lol. He spoke with Bogle yesterday. Bogle is a legit 6’5 with a huge wingspan and a 16 size shoe. The kid doesn’t have it upstairs to be elite in his opinion. He said Bogle likes UM but he sees him signing at an SEC school and then transferring after he realizes he made a mistake. The guy mentioned Bama several times. He thinks the kid will have zero patience without getting early PT.
I was definitely disappointed hearing this but it is what is fellas.

Advertisement
Well good news for him is when he goes to transfer from Bama he will take a new Charger and a pocket full of money with him..😉

I want him at DE, if hes everything like McCloud u take him hoping he doesnt have McClouds brain on angles and **** like that he will be even better.

I met a staffer at Gibbons today. We started taking football. He’s a U fan. I asked him what’s up with Bogle and he got all excited. So you follow recruiting huh lol. He spoke with Bogle yesterday. Bogle is a legit 6’5 with a huge wingspan and a 16 size shoe. The kid doesn’t have it upstairs to be elite in his opinion. He said Bogle likes UM but he sees him signing at an SEC school and then transferring after he realizes he made a mistake. The guy mentioned Bama several times. He thinks the kid will have zero patience without getting early PT.
I was definitely disappointed hearing this but it is what is fellas.

I know you are just relaying what you heard, so forgive me if it sounds like i am attacking you.

Not sure who the staffer is, but speaking ill of a student or employee at CG is a fireable offense-it is actually written in the employee hand book (not sure if this is standard protocol in most business) Unless its a member of the basketball staff that, is no longer employed by CG.

Bogle is a legit 6’5 with a huge wingspan
I've stood right next to him, Im 6'3 and he is slightly/if at all shorter than me. He does have very long arms, which is crazy how much he can bench (at his age). No size 16 show either, my boys asked to try his football shoes on.

The kid doesn’t have it upstairs to be elite in his opinion. He said Bogle likes UM but he sees him signing at an SEC school and then transferring after he realizes he made a mistake.
This staffer is an idiot, and I doubt he is a teacher. Ive spoke about how behind he was when he got to CG and how he extremely hard he worked to catch up. To have that much pride in your education, when you could easily coast by on athletic talent, makes me think he has it "up stairs." And in my interactions with staff they diffinatly think hes gonna be a stud at the next level.

Bogle likes UM but he sees him signing at an SEC school
Bogle likes every school :cool:

He thinks the kid will have zero patience without getting early PT.
Hes a millennial, none of them have any patience :biggrin-new:

Id be interested in talking to this staffer, Ill be at CG basketball camp all week, if you happen to cross paths with this person again. Just odd this persons openion differs quite a bit from so many others.

Advertisement
I know you are just relaying what you heard, so forgive me if it sounds like i am attacking you.

Not sure who the staffer is, but speaking ill of a student or employee at CG is a fireable offense-it is actually written in the employee hand book (not sure if this is standard protocol in most business) Unless its a member of the basketball staff that, is no longer employed by CG.

I've stood right next to him, Im 6'3 and he is slightly/if at all shorter than me. He does have very long arms, which is crazy how much he can bench (at his age). No size 16 show either, my boys asked to try his football shoes on.

The kid doesn’t have it upstairs to be elite in his opinion. He said Bogle likes UM but he sees him signing at an SEC school and then transferring after he realizes he made a mistake.
This staffer is an idiot, and I doubt he is a teacher. Ive spoke about how behind he was when he got to CG and how he extremely hard he worked to catch up. To have that much pride in your education, when you could easily coast by on athletic talent, makes me think he has it "up stairs." And in my interactions with staff they diffinatly think hes gonna be a stud at the next level.

Id be interested in talking to this staffer, Ill be at CG basketball camp all week, if you happen to cross paths with this person again. Just odd this persons openion differs quite a bit from so many others.

Probably spoke to the janitor

Advertisement
Well good news for him is when he goes to transfer from Bama he will take a new Charger and a pocket full of money with him..😉
I immediately started thinking bags during the conversation. The guy was being pc

It was at a BBQ in the nicest neighborhood in Laudy. I’m not calling out positions or messing with anyone’s livelihood. A janitor, gimme a break.
The guy is involved and has a good head. He simply spoke his opinion being as pc as he could without being a dork. It was a straight up conversation in which I relayed as much as I could on a message board. I hope you all would do the same. That’s what this is all about in the first place.
The Gibbons guy seemed genuine. It was the first time I’ve met him. I could tell it was frustrating for him to have to explain it like he did in a pc way. I think what he really wanted to say the kid is impressionable and would sell out.

I immediately started thinking bags during the conversation. The guy was being pc

It was at a BBQ in the nicest neighborhood in Laudy. I’m not calling out positions or messing with anyone’s livelihood. A janitor, gimme a break.
The guy is involved and has a good head. He simply spoke his opinion being as pc as he could without being a dork. It was a straight up conversation in which I relayed as much as I could on a message board. I hope you all would do the same. That’s what this is all about in the first place.
The Gibbons guy seemed genuine. It was the first time I’ve met him. I could tell it was frustrating for him to have to explain it like he did in a pc way. I think what he really wanted to say the kid is impressionable and would sell out.

Appreciate the info

Advertisement
Back