Krazy Takes: James Williams Starts Day 1

Where do we have depth? At LB? At CB? At WR? At TE? At DE? At DT?

Sure, we have a bunch of names on a roster sheet, but outside of die hard Canes fans, how many positions do we have backups that the casual fan of other teams knows their name?

I tend to take breaths between thoughts and sentences, so I am offended by your insinuation that I said more than one thing in the same breath.
It depends on the roster your comparing them too..majority of our 2 deep starts at most programs

Advertisement
Tae was our first safety off bench so now JW, Kam, Balom and KWashington are battling for that 3rd and 4th spot. Will be interesting.

JW wont start but will play. Can't just turn your back on GHall especially if hes playing well.
THIS.

Gurvan will have a much better year simply because the defense will be much improved around him. Simpson is going to return our DL back to aggressive but disciplined. In the second level, we will have much better athletes that trying to rely on McCloud and Jennings. And then TRob and DVD will raise the level of play of the entire secondary.

Plus, we are deep at Safety. J Williams doesn't need to be pressed into starting duty, thank God. That's a lot of talent to work with.

Advertisement
yea i guess Saban landed a helicopter cause he sucked......our fans always think the next guy is the best guy. If we get Kamari they'll bench James Williams tomororw.

Nah I would just start James Williams and Kamari Wilson together next year simple?? Hall is a scrub.. lol you all would’ve been begging to start Greg Threat over Kenny Phillips bc he’s just a freshman bro 🤡

Advertisement
Nah I would just start James Williams and Kamari Wilson together next year simple?? Hall is a scrub.. lol you all would’ve been begging to start Greg Threat over Kenny Phillips bc he’s just a freshman bro 🤡

Still waiting for your factual breakdown

Advertisement
Nobody on our D is a sure thing. We haven't had any current player takeover a game in the past. PLAY THE BEST PLAYERS

Amazing how time can change things..at one point Gurvan Hall was the savior of our secondary and now he’s being thrown to the big *** pig from the show “ZeroZeroZero” to be eaten alive. Smh

I saw that series and I don’t even remember that happening. I do remember it happening in the movie Hannibal.

Advertisement
Gurvan deserves a little more criticism than he gets here. He has been a JAG here so far. I would love to see him turn it around, but if we got 2 years of a 3* like Balom starting and looking like gurvan has looked, we'd all be calling for him to be benched.

I use 2 be one of those fans that thought becuz we had numbers that it translated 2 depth! But, our linebacker play last year changed that bigtime! We had- jennings, mccloud, flagg, tac, steed, huff, brooks probably missing somebody but thats 7 players for 2 spots and stii couldn't find anybody!!!
Exactly. And a number of those guys were very promising prospects. It was a lesson learned for me as well. No matter how great we feel as fans about the guys we have, until we see them prove it on the field, we don't know ****.

I hear what you're getting at but honestly, there aren't very many teams in college football with proven depth at multiple positions. It's the nature of the sport. You get three of four years out of a guy max. Especially today with players transferring the second they don't get a starting spot. You're just not going to find a lot of teams that have experienced backups all over the field today.

I absolutely agree with you.

Advertisement
Back