Kirk Herbstreit Got Mad Love 4 da Canes

First that was all JV’s idea , so you should thank him for asking Kirk to do that. He played it perfectly.

Second…..Things were already in motion after Msu. That’s why I posted Manny was officially on the hot seat after that game. Kirk had some impact on the administration side but it’s not what started the movement. Things sped up when one of your biggest bot members walks out after Msu and says “ I won’t be back until theres changes”.

Vilma did more than anyone will ever know. He handled things perfectly and had a big hand in how things played out. He didn’t have to speak up and say anything publicly , he handled things like a real boss does….with stealth.

People think Kirk started everything but he didn’t , he helped some but things were already moving. But hey , don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
the story you're telling honestly sounds better IMO.

Advertisement
First that was all JV’s idea , so you should thank him for asking Kirk to do that. He played it perfectly.

Second…..Things were already in motion after Msu. That’s why I posted Manny was officially on the hot seat after that game. Kirk had some impact on the administration side but it’s not what started the movement. Things sped up when one of your biggest bot members walks out after Msu and says “ I won’t be back until theres changes”.

Vilma did more than anyone will ever know. He handled things perfectly and had a big hand in how things played out. He didn’t have to speak up and say anything publicly , he handled things like a real boss does….with stealth.

People think Kirk started everything but he didn’t , he helped some but things were already moving. But hey , don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Completely true. And I have "pre-Kirk" DMs and e-mails (not going to say "who to" or "who from") that indicated change was afoot.

We also have to credit the incredibly disciplined "not going to point fingers or name-call" efforts by our football alums, particularly Alonzo and Bennie. They quietly and repetitively chipped away at the defensive wall that Beta Blake had built over the years.

Herbstreit "likes" everybody — that's his shtick as ESPN's Mr. College Football.

He'd pander to his audience by saying it's good for college football when Florida is winning OR it's good for college football when Florida State is winning — i.e., the exact same stuff he said about us — if his sources in Gainesville or Tally were blaming easy targets like their faceless school administrations for sub-standard results on the field.

Not conflating his rant two months ago as evidence the guy is an undercover Cane.

JMO, of course

Feel free to tell me I'm full of **** like my Nole brother and Gator brother do on a regular basis :LOL:

As one of Suckeyestreit's biggest critics, I agree he carried some water on this affair, but don't think for a minute he didn't get a green light from some of the suits and influencers at ESECPN to do it. The "talent" treads lightly there, especially with Jimmy Pitaro basically hiding under his desk most weeks, however "the four letter" may want to get JV back from Fox eventually and Vilma still has connections in Bristol to watch Herbie's back. As H M B alluded to, Herbie will do what he needs to to keep the product fresh and profitable and the ACC investment by the Disney folks, even if they pulled a whole heard of wool over Swofford's eyes, is looking pretty bad right now. Once ESECPN takes over the CBS contract and have to carry even more SEC, they realize they must have some foil for Saban and Co... A revitalized "The []_[] Bad Boys" is just the ticket.

So JV gave them the foundation and it went from there.

Advertisement
Hey I’ve always been a Herbie guy. I know he’s one of the few guys in the media that has a soft spot for Miami. Or any other program with a history.

I’ve defended him countless times. I also appreciate him going along with Vilma. He didn’t have too.
Him and Desmond always talk canes

Death is a proverbial equal opportunity offender. But the birth of something, something really beautiful…takes a horny guy and a horny chic to come together. Let’s just agree it was a collaborated effort…

Advertisement
Kirk likes and respects Miami, and wants us to have a chance to be competitive.

He does NOT have "mad love" for Miami.

Why can't people just take Kirk at his word? Like. Not love.
It's FANS from fanatics. You either love or hate there is no "like" in the vocabulary.

It's FANS from fanatics. You either love or hate there is no "like" in the vocabulary.

And yet Kirk used the word "like" multiple times to describe his feelings for UM, and never used the word "love". So, by that definition, Kirk is neither a fan nor a fanatic of Miami.

Case closed.

Big props to JV for all that he has done…and that he will do going forward. But Herbie also deserves some real credit for doing some of the handiwork. As someone else posted, he didn’t have to do it but JV was able to get him to play a role and for that we should always be appreciative.

@Cribby Are you saying Vilma asked him to talk on national TV about Miami's dysfunctional leadership and it wasn't coming from his heart as he said? Or maybe both are true?

Advertisement
And yet Kirk used the word "like" multiple times to describe his feelings for UM, and never used the word "love". So, by that definition, Kirk is neither a fan nor a fanatic of Miami.

Case closed.
True.
He doesn't have to be a fan though. He just has to have respect and appreciation for what Miami brought to college football which he does. And just not be a biased hateful SOB like others in the media which he is not. For both, I like him and admire him.

Last edited:
Don’t kid yourselves. Herbie has been on a lifelong redemption mission after his nauseating Fiesta Bowl display. He “likes” us to keep us quiet.

CD33F300-7286-4A18-908E-BE4AE305C41F.jpeg

To piggyback off of what @Cribby says

Not to downplay Kirk and of course it was good to shine a national spotlight on what was wrong

But we aren’t that a big of a **** show where some comments from a guy on Gameday would suddenly change the entire trajectory of an administration

Cmon now

Advertisement
Let’s not forget Frenk had been asleep at the wheel his entire time here. He didn’t care or even pay attention to football. It took the Administration being rocked by ESPN for him to take notice, he then sent the road warriors down to the athletic / football dept to see wth was going on.

Fernandez and Echevarria found out what all fans and some board members already knew.
Yup. But he also could have done nothing like the other idiots. Better to finally act then never. ill give him a bit of credit for going allllllll in. Despite hiw

Human Rights Unity GIF

Don’t kid yourselves. Herbie has been on a lifelong redemption mission after his nauseating Fiesta Bowl display. He “likes” us to keep us quiet.

View attachment 169811

Oh, yes, I don't forget. The whole "Miami is such an arrogant and ****y team, because someone is circulating 'UM National Championship Party' flyers, and they are not giving MY ALMA MATER the respect that we don't really deserve" nonsense.

View attachment 169811
So you don't want him to root for his alma mater? LOL for God's sake he played QB there.
Again, he doesn't have to love us or even like us. He just has to be fair, respectful and appreciative of what we have accomplished and brought to college football. Which he does.
He may not love us but he admires Miami and wants us to be competitive. I respect him for that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back