Kirk Herbstreit Got Mad Love 4 da Canes

Kirk did what the fans couldn't. Got Miami to get off its wallet.
He got the university president to become actively involved with a solution-minded approach. The big boys are the bigger money difference. All played and play a role. There’s no problem crediting Herbie, Frenk, Más, Vilma, Ruiz, Lemonis, Lambert, Soffer… all for playing roles.

Advertisement
I have ALSO given copious credit to Jose and a few others for writing the checks. I want to see ALL of the proper people credited.

Jon Vilma - the screenwriter

Kirk Herbstreit - the supporting actor

Joe Echevarria - the director

Jose Mas, Jorge Mas, and a few others - the producers

Julio Frenk - best boy

David Epstein - the ASPCA (that's a deep cut, but think about it)

Manny Kadre and Rudy Fernandez - for switching to the correct side on the coaching question

Jen Strawley - because Mario thanked her

Georgia Film - because nearly every movie and TV show includes that **** peach logo

dave chappelle oscars 2018 GIF by The Academy Awards
Thank You All Meryl Streep GIF by The Academy Awards
Yes Yes Yes Winner GIF by The Academy Awards
thank you really appreciate it oscars 2017 GIF by The Academy Awards

Name me one Miami President who was sitting on as much money before Frenk. We were an independent and a cash-poor Big East member under Foote. And Donna got us both the ACC and UHealth money, though it took a few years for those cash cows to start pumping.
Let’s not forget Frenk had been asleep at the wheel his entire time here. He didn’t care or even pay attention to football. It took the Administration being rocked by ESPN for him to take notice, he then sent the road warriors down to the athletic / football dept to see wth was going on.

Fernandez and Echevarria found out what all fans and some board members already knew.

Not sure why some posters can’t stand him.
Herbstreit "likes" everybody — that's his shtick as ESPN's Mr. College Football.

He'd pander to his audience by saying it's good for college football when Florida is winning OR it's good for college football when Florida State is winning — i.e., the exact same stuff he said about us — if his sources in Gainesville or Tally were blaming easy targets like faceless school administrations for sub-standard results on the field.

Not conflating his rant two months ago as evidence the guy is an undercover Cane.

JMO, of course

Feel free to tell me I'm full of **** like my Nole brother and Gator brother do on a regular basis :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks Jonathan Vilma
Vilma is one of my favorite Canes and just general UM alums of ALL time and I have zero issue giving him credit here but Herbie is and was of no obligation to act as a mouthpiece for him or us. It really doesn't benefit Herbie in any way personally aside from getting more love in Miami (it's not even like he lives here like Fowler) and to his belief that a relevant Miami is good for the sport.

I'm sure Herbie has a million former players and boosters in his ear all the time to state their cases for whatever nationally. Dude does deserve massive credit for actually doing it for us even if Vilma was the actual source.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget Frenk had been asleep at the wheel his entire time here. He didn’t care or even pay attention to football. He took the Administration being rocked by ESPN for him to take notice , he then sent the road warriors down to the athletic / football dept to see wth was going on.

Fernandez and Echevarria found out what all fans and some board members already knew.

Right.

Look, I do not expect every CIS poster to know as much about UM as you and I do. But if someone who knows...explains that six years of inaction and negligence cannot simply be wiped away by six weeks of good firings/hirings...then it would be nice if some people would listen.

Instead, the same dipsh!tes who wanted to crown Beta Blake James when the IPF was built...are coming out of the woodwork to propose on-campus statues for Julio Frenk and Buckeye Kirk Herbstreit.

Why are certain posters so **** extreme? Either 100% for or 100% against. The reality is in the middle. Julio Frenk did a lot of bad before he finally did some good.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget Frenk had been asleep at the wheel his entire time here. He didn’t care or even pay attention to football. It took the Administration being rocked by ESPN for him to take notice, he then sent the road warriors down to the athletic / football dept to see wth was going on.

I'm more interested to know how committed these dudes will be long term, especially since I don't even think many expect Frenk to be around very long... probably gunna have another BOT civil war when the next UM president takes over....

Herbstreit "likes" everybody — that's his shtick as ESPN's Mr. College Football.

He'd pander to his audience by saying it's good for college football when Florida is winning OR it's good for college football when Florida State is winning — i.e., the exact same stuff he said about us — if his sources in Gainesville or Tally were blaming easy targets like their faceless school administrations for sub-standard results on the field.

Not conflating his rant two months ago as evidence the guy is an undercover Cane.

JMO, of course

Feel free to tell me I'm full of **** like my Nole brother and Gator brother do on a regular basis :LOL:

1,000,000 % correct.

Kirk could have easily said that "USC's administration "doesn't care about Trojan football", and been equally correct and equally impactful. And then he would have told the world that he likes USC football and has a soft spot for the Trojans and that college football is better when USC is successful.

Does that mean Kirk has "mad love" for USC?

And, again, I am grateful for what Kirk said and the impact it had. But it's not like he had to risk or sacrifice his job or reputation. The things he said...ARE WHAT HE IS PAID TO SAY. Having thoughts and opinions is the job. It's not just helping Lee Corso put on a mascot head every week.

I'm more interested to know how committed these dudes will be long term, especially since I don't even think many expect Frenk to be around very long... probably gunna have another BOT civil war when the next UM president takes over....

There’s too much money being invested and too many powerful people involved for this not being long term. They finally realized you have to spend money to make money. It’s being ran like a big business.

Advertisement
Kirk broke this down on hurricane hotline maybe a year or two ago.. When he came on as an announcer he got gigs in those late 90s early 00s squads and saw the behind the scenes.. He got a high respect for program from that..

There’s too much money being invested and too many powerful people involved for this not being long term. They finally realized you have to spend money to make money. It’s being ran like a big business.
Good. Still think there are going to be a bunch of butthurt BOTs who try to take back some power with a new president

Thanks Jonathan Vilma
Vilma on the BOT, yes? Did he speak up and say I’m sick of this BS?

All I ‘think’ is Herbie did more with his 30s rant on the UM Leadership did more than any amount of Banners and fanatic Twitter rants could ever do. IMO god bless Kirk Herbstriet

Advertisement
1,000,000 % correct.

Kirk could have easily said that "USC's administration "doesn't care about Trojan football", and been equally correct and equally impactful. And then he would have told the world that he likes USC football and has a soft spot for the Trojans and that college football is better when USC is successful.

Does that mean Kirk has "mad love" for USC?

And, again, I am grateful for what Kirk said and the impact it had. But it's not like he had to risk or sacrifice his job or reputation. The things he said...ARE WHAT HE IS PAID TO SAY. Having thoughts and opinions is the job. It's not just helping Lee Corso put on a mascot head every week.
Also, college administrators — whom Herbstreit's audience of College Football fans likely don't know and inherently distrust — are a soft and convenient target.

"Yeah, ***** those ivory tower eggheads killing our football program. You tell 'em Kirk!!"

It's like fans, players and coaches ranting about the NCAA.

The schools themselves collectively could change the rules tomorrow if they had the desire and the guts.

But it's easier to take cover and just blame the folks "in charge" up in Indianapolis.

Good. Still think there are going to be a bunch of butthurt BOTs who try to take back some power with a new president

The key is letting some of the whiny beeeoytches just quit the Board.

I hope that the next slate of UM Trustees appointed includes Irwin Raij and Dany Garcia.

And if you don't know, Google.

(I mean, if you need to know more about them than just "friends and former classmates of mine")

Advertisement
The key is letting some of the whiny beeeoytches just quit the Board.

I hope that the next slate of UM Trustees appointed includes Irwin Raij and Dany Garcia.

And if you don't know, Google.

(I mean, if you need to know more about them than just "friends and former classmates of mine")
I know Dany Garcia cause of the Rock, but didn't know the other dude. Seems like he's know what he's doing:

Yeah we need to purge BOT members. Can't imagine it's good for the education side of thing either.

Vilma on the BOT, yes? Did he speak up and say I’m sick of this BS?

All I ‘think’ is Herbie did more with his 30s rant on the UM Leadership did more than any amount of Banners and fanatic Twitter rants could ever do. IMO god bless Kirk Herbstriet

First that was all JV’s idea , so you should thank him for asking Kirk to do that. He played it perfectly.

Second…..Things were already in motion after Msu. That’s why I posted Manny was officially on the hot seat after that game. Kirk had some impact on the administration side but it’s not what started the movement. Things sped up when one of your biggest bot members walks out after Msu and says “ I won’t be back until theres changes”.

Vilma did more than anyone will ever know. He handled things perfectly and had a big hand in how things played out. He didn’t have to speak up and say anything publicly , he handled things like a real boss does….with stealth.

People think Kirk started everything but he didn’t , he helped some but things were already moving. But hey , don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

First that was all JV’s idea , so you should thank him for asking Kirk to do that. He played it perfectly.

Second…..Things were already in motion after Msu. That’s why I posted Manny was officially on the hot seat after that game. Kirk had some impact on the administration side but it’s not what started the movement. Things sped up when one of your biggest bot members walks out after Msu and says “ I won’t be back until theres changes”.

Vilma did more than anyone will ever know. He handled things perfectly and had a big hand in how things played out. He didn’t have to speak up and say anything publicly , he handled things like a real boss does….with stealth.

People think Kirk started everything but he didn’t , he helped some but things were already moving. But hey , don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Thanks Cribby, I’m a fan with zero delusion of being anything more. If JV is a Sith Lord than a million thanks Darth Vilma.

Advertisement
Back