Kirk Herbstreit Got Mad Love 4 da Canes

Name me one Miami President who was sitting on as much money before Frenk. We were an independent and a cash-poor Big East member under Foote. And Donna got us both the ACC and UHealth money, though it took a few years for those cash cows to start pumping.
How many years was Donna collecting ACC money and spending an Independent budget? There was money before Frenk.

Advertisement
And yet Kirk used the word "like" multiple times to describe his feelings for UM, and never used the word "love". So, by that definition, Kirk is neither a fan nor a fanatic of Miami.

Case closed.
Bro, you called out the poster in the coaching changes thread for posting candidates names that weren’t reported by media or insiders, on the basis that the extra posts were derailing the thread.

Yet here you are with a dozen posts on like vs love.

Move on.

Thanks Jonathan Vilma

Bullseye

699E4689-52C6-4BA4-A3FC-D34A3FD78736.gif

Herbie is always solid in my book.

But if you’re an Athletic Director or member of a Board of Trustees and it takes a T.V. Personality to make you have a come to Jesus about your football program, you deserve to be fired unceremoniously, Effete and ineffectual bureaucrats of the highest order. .

Advertisement
We should consider expanding the 2021 CIS awards to other categories to give recognition where it's due/ earned

I love super fans. To be one you need to have this strong belief: If you don't love me then you hate me. If you are not my best friend then you are my enemy.

Bro, you called out the poster in the coaching changes thread for posting candidates names that weren’t reported by media or insiders, on the basis that the extra posts were derailing the thread.

Yet here you are with a dozen posts on like vs love.

Move on.

Let me get this straight.

You are still butt-hurt over me calling you out on your old posts about Rambo...so now you are starting a fake fight...over whether I have derailed a thread by debating "like vs. love"...in a thread with a literal headline claiming a Buckeye has "mad love" for Miami...

Just let me know...will you be equally outraged the next time a Cristobal thread involves a comparison of Diaz and Cristobal? I just want to have my popcorn ready when you try to thread THAT needle...

But I'm sure that Mackmiller appreciates you white-knighting for him...

Your lingering anger is appallingly transparent.

Let me get this straight.

You are still butt-hurt over me calling you out on your old posts about Rambo...so now you are starting a fake fight...over whether I have derailed a thread by debating "like vs. love"...in a thread with a literal headline claiming a Buckeye has "mad love" for Miami...

Just let me know...will you be equally outraged the next time a Cristobal thread involves a comparison of Diaz and Cristobal? I just want to have my popcorn ready when you try to thread THAT needle...

But I'm sure that Mackmiller appreciates you white-knighting for him...

Your lingering anger is appallingly transparent.
The Rambo callout contributed, yes :LOL:

Advertisement
Vilma does more for this program than he’ll ever get credit for. He’s one of the people I was insinuating “ leading the change”.
Love Vilma, he does alot. My only gripe was when they said he wanted Strong for HC during the Manny hiring. That was equally as bad as the Manny hiring, other than that we good Vil.

Love Vilma, he does alot. My only gripe was when they said he wanted Strong for HC during the Manny hiring. That was equally as bad as the Manny hiring, other than that we good Vil.

I disagree with this part. At the time, Strong did not have his final season at USF (for which he was fired). His first year at USF was a 10-win Top-25 season, and his second year was not as good (the point at which he would have been hired by UM). Clearly, the Texas years were not good. And in his 4 years at Louisville, 2 of the seasons were 11-win/12-win and Top 15 results.

At a bare minimum, Strong had the HC experience that Diaz did not have. Strong may not have been a homerun-hire, but I don't think he was "equally as bad" as the Manny hiring. Just my 2 cents. ****, the 2001 team advocated for Coker, and that choice eventually went south. I think people (not you, just people) fail to realize that Coker was the FIRST EVER head coach to be fired by UM. First. Ever.

Advertisement
If it hasn't been mentioned already.....people in Columbus, Ohio do not like Herbstreit. I have a LOT of family there and (don't hold it against me) I was born in Columbus. I have relatives that still work at The Asterick State University. The long time people who have worked at * generally do not like him.....the younger folks there don't even know he played ball there because it's not exactly something that * people talk a lot about.......and this was BEFORE Kirk's comments earlier this season about The Canes.

Yes, my fellow Canes.....if this works out even close to the way we hope it does with CMC then I will contribute money to any fund that gets Herbstreit "Honorary Cane Status".

I disagree with this part. At the time, Strong did not have his final season at USF (for which he was fired). His first year at USF was a 10-win Top-25 season, and his second year was not as good (the point at which he would have been hired by UM). Clearly, the Texas years were not good. And in his 4 years at Louisville, 2 of the seasons were 11-win/12-win and Top 15 results.

At a bare minimum, Strong had the HC experience that Diaz did not have. Strong may not have been a homerun-hire, but I don't think he was "equally as bad" as the Manny hiring. Just my 2 cents. ****, the 2001 team advocated for Coker, and that choice eventually went south. I think people (not you, just people) fail to realize that Coker was the FIRST EVER head coach to be fired by UM. First. Ever.
He had two good qbs who took advantage of bad conferences but yes he is possibly a tiny bit better than Diaz. At recruiting hes better as well but Mario is next next tier over both. If its a star rating Manny is a 2 star recruiter Strong is 3 and Mario is a 5. Agree to disagree he wouldnt of been a home run hire. Manny was a home run to some on this board I thought it was God awful and Strong would of been for me at least.

I remember the moronic mouth breathers on this board who use to swear Kirk didn’t like us . He did more for this program in that 5 minute rant than our incompetent administration did over the last twenty years . Crown this man and give him a statue / plaque / something within the Hecht .
+1 Clueless fans that still are lurking every day here

Advertisement
Vilma on the BOT, yes? Did he speak up and say I’m sick of this BS?

All I ‘think’ is Herbie did more with his 30s rant on the UM Leadership did more than any amount of Banners and fanatic Twitter rants could ever do. IMO god bless Kirk Herbstriet
Dude vilma had kirk do it……

@TheOriginalCane , @Cribby I appreciate everything you shared. It's a great backstory to what we saw playing out in the media. Love hearing how instrumental Vilma was to the house cleaning.

I think you're being hard on Frenk. He did hire Mark Richt and doubled the budget overnight early on. Academic institutions don't turn on a dime like tech firms, and he shook it up with that change. Clearly, Frenk should have required James to do a proper search when Richt retired, that was a big mistake. But he did only give the Manny era 2 seasons and a few games before taking the right action. That's pretty swift for a President, I think. Also, how often do ADs get fired? Has to be extremely rare. And Frenk did that against the wishes of a significant and vocal part of the board.

Not saying the guy is a historic leader. Just that he manned up to his own mistake and got us to this outcome. Worth giving the benefit of the doubt to me.

Advertisement
Back