Kirby fart

Advertisement
I'm with you on this one. I was hoping Lashlee would pull a rabbit out of his hat against Clemson like Mullen did against Bama. I'm not overly concerned about the lack of creativity in most of the other games, a W is a W. If Lashlee thinks the best strategy in a particular game is to run the ball up the middle 50 times and that works, I'm not going to complain that he didn't throw in a flea flicker for my entertainment. However, in the games where I thought that Miami's chances heavily depended on a clever coach outscheming the opponent, I was rather disappointed. Clemson makes a lot of teams look bad, but I think an elite OC at least makes it look competitive. UNC is one where we want to (rightfully) crush the defense for a pathetic performance, but we only scored 26 points on a not particular good defense at home! If we'd lost 62-45 then I'd say that Lashlee pulled his weight and did what he gets paid to do. Unfortunately the offense looked as pathetic as the defense against UNC. Lashlee failed just as much at his job as Blake Baker did. I give him credit though for OK St, that was a good performance despite the L.
Does lashlee adjust his playbook this season in the typical struggling games..and not the predictable play calling.. I just want to see more innovation on offense like more TE mismatches etc..

I'm with you on this one. I was hoping Lashlee would pull a rabbit out of his hat against Clemson like Mullen did against Bama. I'm not overly concerned about the lack of creativity in most of the other games, a W is a W. If Lashlee thinks the best strategy in a particular game is to run the ball up the middle 50 times and that works, I'm not going to complain that he didn't throw in a flea flicker for my entertainment. However, in the games where I thought that Miami's chances heavily depended on a clever coach outscheming the opponent, I was rather disappointed. Clemson makes a lot of teams look bad, but I think an elite OC at least makes it look competitive. UNC is one where we want to (rightfully) crush the defense for a pathetic performance, but we only scored 26 points on a not particular good defense at home! If we'd lost 62-45 then I'd say that Lashlee pulled his weight and did what he gets paid to do. Unfortunately the offense looked as pathetic as the defense against UNC. Lashlee failed just as much at his job as Blake Baker did. I give him credit though for OK St, that was a good performance despite the L.

I can get down with that.

I'm still on the fence though.

We have had a very poor OL play to journeyman level at best. That makes things tough and causes the following.

Running game, inconsistent. Every play a different part of the line was getting blown up. How are you going to rely on that when you never know where the problem is going to be. Say we get it going, they stack the box. Game, set, and match.

So we try establishing a passing game. The guys we trot out there, they don't fight for the ball and even when they're clear, they'll drop routine passes. Want to try the short passing game, defenses would just run them off their routes.

So really, I'm not sure what he could do. Nobody respected the passing game and the OL sucked. Toss in King's issues down the field (to be fair, he didn't usually have much time or believe in the OL to give it to him) and I'm not sure what you would need to call to be successful offensively.

The thing preventing him from being elite is letting his offense loose With a modern passing game. He still wants to win games with a defense and running game.

If I could pick from any active head coach in CFB not named Saban to be Miami's HC- I would go with

#1 Jimbo
#2a Kelly
#2b Swinney

I would honestly take Butch Davis back as HC before Kirby Smart. I'd take Mullet over Smart as well (since CFB is all about offense now and I can't argue that Mullet isn't an offensive genius). Hiring Smart would be like hiring a far more expensive Mark Richt without the S. Florida connections. The only think Smart is doing differently than Richt is that he has less of a problem with being dirty. UGA Richt likely knew that UGA boosters were doing typical booster things and incentivizing recruits but he looked the other way and I don't think he actively solicited payments for players, whereas Smart plays the game just as dirty as Saban does. That wouldn't help very much at a school that doesn't have bags (again, see Richt).

Brian Kelly over Swinney? How Sway?

Advertisement
Elite recruiter

2nd fiddle at best in his own conference to the GOAT

Was one half of Tua subbing for Hurts from having a NC

mehhhhh, I dunno, he is decent, I would trade Manny and all my CIS points straight up for him
But would he be the same recruiter without the brinks truck?

How did we break a record for underachieving two years ago? Are you talking about Richt's last season when we went 7-6? Per 247, Miami was #17 in the country in terms of overall talent. FSU was #5 in overall talent and they didn't even break .500. It was certainly a disappointing season, but we had mediocre talent to start with, we finished above .500, and we made it to a bowl game. There were a handful of other teams that had more talent and finished with records as bad or worse. 2018 is not remotely close to breaking a record for underachieving. That's not to say it was a good season or one to be proud of, but if you are talking about 2018, you are vastly blowing it out of proportion to label that season as record-breaking underachievement.
I was talking about the year we were the first team to EVER lose 3 games outright in a season as 15+ point favorites. Now that, that is massive underachieving Bummer. Pure fact.

Last edited:
You just make shlt up don’t you? I’m not taking any kind of a beating but if you want to believe that in your Oklahoma trailer you go right ahead cracker okie.

Keep on catfishing son
You are gramps, it happens, denial doesn't change anything buddy. Time to change the Depends and head to bed. Dentures out....

Last edited:
Advertisement
B5D1D3E8-D6D8-4CBD-BCD3-44E9A0223F20.gif

I can get down with that.

I'm still on the fence though.

We have had a very poor OL play to journeyman level at best. That makes things tough and causes the following.

Running game, inconsistent. Every play a different part of the line was getting blown up. How are you going to rely on that when you never know where the problem is going to be. Say we get it going, they stack the box. Game, set, and match.

So we try establishing a passing game. The guys we trot out there, they don't fight for the ball and even when they're clear, they'll drop routine passes. Want to try the short passing game, defenses would just run them off their routes.

So really, I'm not sure what he could do. Nobody respected the passing game and the OL sucked. Toss in King's issues down the field (to be fair, he didn't usually have much time or believe in the OL to give it to him) and I'm not sure what you would need to call to be successful offensively.

I think he could have made much better use of the two TEs. We really one saw one being effective at a time. Richts use of both Herndon and Njoku was far superior, and when an OC makes Richts offense look creative, there are issues.

I would have also liked to have seen a lot more 22 sets since the only reliable WR was Harley.

I would trade for what they are if i had to choose, perennial top 10 yearly and competitive with alot of first rounders. Just give me that and im happy.
Not what you said when we hired Richt. “Not satisfied with conference titles” “Not satisfied with 10 win seasons” “Not satisfied with division titles”

You wanted National Titles.

Not what you said when we hired Richt. “Not satisfied with conference titles” “Not satisfied with 10 win seasons” “Not satisfied with division titles”

You wanted National Titles.
Yea but knowing that if we did what UGA has done in the past four years we would win a title. There peak level now if that was us we would be better.....eventually being right there for this university we would get to the top. If we did what UGA did Surtain would come here Cooper would play here Cook would play here. It's different if we put a product on the field like UGA and have recruiting classes in the top 5 stacked.

Advertisement
We had 2 big problems against clemson our wide receivers couldn’t catch and our lineman couldnt block hard to scheme around that. As far as UNC whole team was checked out been watching miami forever in the last 20 years these cane teams check out start hot early then down the drain. Its why our bowl record has been so bad.

They've hired Ed Ellis and not Scott Sinclair. Both GrindSZN S&C guys from GT/UCF and GOL's runs there. Hence the top5 classes and bad NFL Draft results. Add that to picking Fromm over Fields and Smart has been Richtian
Im just curious. What style of offense would you say uga runs? Once you answer that than ask yourself if you feel justin fields could've ran a pro set offense...

Yea but knowing that if we did what UGA has done in the past four years we would win a title. There peak level now if that was us we would be better.....eventually being right there for this university we would get to the top. If we did what UGA did Surtain would come here Cooper would play here Cook would play here. It's different if we put a product on the field like UGA and have recruiting classes in the top 5 stacked.
If we did the same thing the results would still be very similar... Our scheme is what has kept us from winning. Not our talent.

Advertisement
We had 2 big problems against clemson our wide receivers couldn’t catch and our lineman couldnt block hard to scheme around that. As far as UNC whole team was checked out been watching miami forever in the last 20 years these cane teams check out start hot early then down the drain. Its why our bowl record has been so bad.
No its not. Yes quite often when we see adversity these boys have checked out. But coaching is the main reason weve had issues in bowl season.

LOL..racist Kurby is elite at being backed by very deep and plentiful Jawja bags. That’s it.

Never has so little been done with so much in college football. At least Texas has won a ship in my lifetime.

Remember, this is the clown that ran off Justin Fields. One many examples of talent wasted.
His entire staff ran off justin fields cause he cant read a defense and he couldnt run a pro set offense. Yes kirby is a basic **** coach. But dont confuse one thing for another. Yall always so quick to call everything that glitters gold. The offense that osu runs is tailor made for a mobile qb. Its basic reads against mainly basic defenses... Yall really think he wouldve showed out at uga more power to u.

There fans make our fans look like casual CFB fans. We have dumber fans overall, but they have rabid fans.
Oh the irony of you calling our fans dumb while using “there” instead of “their”
Their, there, they’re, don’t be so hard on yourself….
I kid because I care

Hey, hey, hey... don't sell your Canes short! We have accomplished VERY little, despite an abundance of talent. At worst, we certainly give UGA a run for their money. ****, at least they've had a season or two where they... you know... mattered, in the last 15 or so years.
So have we.

Advertisement
Back