Kirby fart

So have we.
Which one? 2017? I'm not gonna lie, it was fun, but we all know by now that year was smoke, mirrors, and luck, outside of the ND and VT games. It was a nice preview of what could be, but we also lost three straight to end the year, finished outside of the top ten, and were not in any consideration for the CFP when selection day arrived.

Our best year in 15 may be considered "relevant" by Wisconsin standards, but not by UM standards.

And when comparing to UGA, it pales next to 4 top 10 finishes and two top 4 finishes in the last 4 seasons.

I get the sense of pride, but facts are facts. We owe it to ourselves to be honest to ourselves and each other.

Advertisement
I disagree big time i think the evals and talent not being able to close has fuqed the program to no end. When u have Cooper Juedys and those type leaving and u have to settle u risk having to go neck and neck with a VT or Duke. Those misses are huge and no one can tell me Juedy or Coopers etc would not do here what they did at bama they would be the same players. When we miss it leaves us in scramble mode and u risk getting a borderline ok player with a ranking no ones even sure fire about. So I have to disagree with u there, I think our evals when good we get beat out most of the time, when we lose the top guys are evals are atrocious cause we get whats left who not everyone (big talent schools) truly wants. Schemes havent helped either but its a whole mess across the board in all the areas.

Also we do develop still, guys play to there max potential here even in the NFL if they were scrubs they stay at that scrub level. We max them out they just arent that great of football players or they arent miami caliber which we are used to Hall of Famer types.
So jeudy aand cooper wouldve been first team all americans here with malik rosier and who else throwing the ball to them while the oline collapses... Brother i get what youre trying to say but ill stick to what i know. The evaluations overall hasnt been the issue. Development has. The only positions anyone can fool themselves into believing were developing is edge rushers or safetys. But we all got an opinion.

So jeudy aand cooper wouldve been first team all americans here with malik rosier and who else throwing the ball to them while the oline collapses... Brother i get what youre trying to say but ill stick to what i know. The evaluations overall hasnt been the issue. Development has. The only positions anyone can fool themselves into believing were developing is edge rushers or safetys. But we all got an opinion.
They would still rise and be first round picks easily no matter what anyone thinks. Even if they didn't put up the numbers u can't hide talent like that during the combine no way Jose.

So Who developed Ahmon? The same receiver coach and staff that had Pope for a year. You guys take this development sht to serious. Neither jeudy, Jones or Cooper had the same receiver coach, qb, or offensive coordinator. Unfortunately we haven’t recruited at those levels for a while.
Everyone keeps using elite players as examples of development at the frontrunner schools but in reality they’re just beasts. And they recruit beasts at every position and get credit for development.

Advertisement
So Who developed Ahmon? The same receiver coach and staff that had Pope for a year. You guys take this development sht to serious. Neither jeudy, Jones or Cooper had the same receiver coach, qb, or offensive coordinator. Unfortunately we haven’t recruited at those levels for a while.
Everyone keeps using elite players as examples of development at the frontrunner schools but in reality they’re just beasts. And they recruit beasts at every position and get credit for development.

Perfect argument when applied to Alabama. Not the same when applied to Clemson.

Bottom line is that you can't just take a program, plug in any old corch, and say "if we get all the 5 stars, we will win it all". Arguing that talented players or bags is our problem is a dead argument that has been thoroughly debunked, but just keeps getting repeated.

We have top 3 talent in the ACC and have for a long time. It is not a lack of talent that is holding us back from beating GT and Duke. Until we get the coaching in place that can take the level of talent that we have and perform at least to that level...:
  1. We won't get elite talent, and
  2. It wouldn't matter if we did.

As a somewhat related sidebar... why is Blake James still employed by UM? What P5 program would hire him for the same position if we let him go today? These are the meaningful questions we should be asking ourselves...

Perfect argument when applied to Alabama. Not the same when applied to Clemson.

Bottom line is that you can't just take a program, plug in any old corch, and say "if we get all the 5 stars, we will win it all". Arguing that talented players or bags is our problem is a dead argument that has been thoroughly debunked, but just keeps getting repeated.

We have top 3 talent in the ACC and have for a long time. It is not a lack of talent that is holding us back from beating GT and Duke. Until we get the coaching in place that can take the level of talent that we have and perform at least to that level...:
  1. We won't get elite talent, and
  2. It wouldn't matter if we did.

As a somewhat related sidebar... why is Blake James still employed by UM? What P5 program would hire him for the same position if we let him go today? These are the meaningful questions we should be asking ourselves...
This a blanket statement that a lot of people agree with. And I’ll say I do as well but we also have to look a little deeper and some problems that haunt this team.

Ive said this for at least 5 years and the greatest problem that has Miami since Tommy Streeter is players leaving early.

But Miami is an enigma where every year without fail we have a few draft picks at a higher rate than most teams that recruit at our level. Unfortunately and fortunately that just happens to be as a result of the amount of underrated local talent. Hence the 3 stars going in later rounds after 3 years. We can argue weather those players should’ve left or wether or not they’re draft stock would’ve improved. But having a player that can play in the league stay for one more year is extremely valuable especially when the talent drop off is steep or no where near as experienced or the position is thin.

People forget that the 2001 team had a lot of seniors on it and the dudes behind them were studs. Just go back since cmr came and think about how different the record of this team would be if everyone stayed one more year.

But yes, the coaching staff and the team culture have not given these players a reason to stay. You need talented players but you also need quality depth. So people look at our draft picks but glance over the rest of the team around those draft picks and what they leave behind when they declare.
For example Rj, and Norton left and what was behind them? That sht has to stop.

Not excusing the coaching decisions. But senior talent can mask deficiencies in your team.
UGa went from one play away from a natty to not even making the playoffs after all those senior players graduated.

And this, my friend, is where I am and exactly how I came to that realization. Upon being hired, I still had faith in the program. An apples to apples comparison of Richt’s floor and ceiling in Athens and Coral Gables enlightened me to the fact that we can expect Randy Shannon results here for the foreseeable future.

Nonsense.

If Richt hired a legit offensive coordinator and fired his son, he would have been more more successful here. He won 9 then 10 games then the bottom fell out 2018 for multiple reasons.

My only issue with any of these comments is referring to Smart as a good recruiter. When a school is unrivaled in a talent laden state for top recruits and has an unlimited bags budget, how do we know that Kirby is a good recruiter? He recruited my friend’s son Kyle Hamilton (safety who plays for ND) and neither Kyle or his dad were impressed with his Schtick. They found him to be predictable and thought he was pretty much bull****. Not that they disliked him, they just didn’t belive the things he was saying,
They also did not need the six figures that was offered.

We don‘t spend enough time looking at the advantages certain people have before we praise them for things over which they may have little to no input. Is Steve Kerr a good coach or was he given the best team in basketball?
Is Dave Martinez a good coach or is it because the Dodgers have the highest payroll in baseball?
I’m not saying Kirby sucks but it feels like he started on 3rd base and still has not made it to hone plate.
Did uga offer your friend bags?

and why didn’t we recruit Hamilton?

Advertisement
Did uga offer your friend bags?

and why didn’t we recruit Hamilton?
He was offered 6 figures but it wasn’t directly from UGA. A parent group of UGA alumni from the young man’s high school were very interested in his playing for UGA. Obviously we know the source of the money.

Elite recruiter

2nd fiddle at best in his own conference to the GOAT

Was one half of Tua subbing for Hurts from having a NC

mehhhhh, I dunno, he is decent, I would trade Manny and all my CIS points straight up for him
could not agree more, Kirby reminds me of Bobby Bowden, great recruiter, ok game coach, great schemes
UGA has talent equal to bama's yet seem to struggle at times. give credit to Kirby where UGA is now investing $$$$ in program
and Richt had to fight for every dime also Kirby has taken program to next level consistent top 5-7 program and always in discussion for playoffs..... with expansion to 12 he will not miss for next 5-7 years.....Like Bowden will eventually break thru but
not to the level UGA fans expect

He was offered 6 figures but it wasn’t directly from UGA. A parent group of UGA alumni from the young man’s high school were very interested in his playing for UGA. Obviously we know the source of the money.

Yeah that’s what a lot of people don’t realize. Or it seems that way anyway.

It never comes from the school. Never. It’s a group affiliated tangentially with the boosters or boosters themselves. It’s not that complicated, but we know who’s directing it.

The number and the size of the bags is directly proportional to the wealth, size, and commitment of the boosters. The bigger the fanbase, the more committed they are financially, the greater the size of the bags.

Advertisement
could not agree more, Kirby reminds me of Bobby Bowden, great recruiter, ok game coach, great schemes
UGA has talent equal to bama's yet seem to struggle at times. give credit to Kirby where UGA is now investing $$$$ in program
and Richt had to fight for every dime also Kirby has taken program to next level consistent top 5-7 program and always in discussion for playoffs..... with expansion to 12 he will not miss for next 5-7 years.....Like Bowden will eventually break thru but
not to the level UGA fans expect
I hope it turns out you’re wrong about Kirby breaking through but fear you won’t be, which hurts my heart. I despise that program and everyone associated with it (this from a UGA alumnus).

This a blanket statement that a lot of people agree with. And I’ll say I do as well but we also have to look a little deeper and some problems that haunt this team.

Ive said this for at least 5 years and the greatest problem that has Miami since Tommy Streeter is players leaving early.

But Miami is an enigma where every year without fail we have a few draft picks at a higher rate than most teams that recruit at our level. Unfortunately and fortunately that just happens to be as a result of the amount of underrated local talent. Hence the 3 stars going in later rounds after 3 years. We can argue weather those players should’ve left or wether or not they’re draft stock would’ve improved. But having a player that can play in the league stay for one more year is extremely valuable especially when the talent drop off is steep or no where near as experienced or the position is thin.

People forget that the 2001 team had a lot of seniors on it and the dudes behind them were studs. Just go back since cmr came and think about how different the record of this team would be if everyone stayed one more year.

But yes, the coaching staff and the team culture have not given these players a reason to stay. You need talented players but you also need quality depth. So people look at our draft picks but glance over the rest of the team around those draft picks and what they leave behind when they declare.
For example Rj, and Norton left and what was behind them? That sht has to stop.

Not excusing the coaching decisions. But senior talent can mask deficiencies in your team.
UGa went from one play away from a natty to not even making the playoffs after all those senior players graduated.
Larry Coker might have had a considerably longer tenure if Devin Hester and Sinorice Moss had returned for one more year.

The 2005 Canes were one dumb loss away from a NC game. Imagine if the 2004 juniors had returned and were part of that game?

Tommy Streeter. Imagine his impact on the Canes offense in 2012?

Lets say Duke Johnson returns in 2015. Miami might have beaten Cincinnati and FSU.

I thought this was a Curby Fart thread. Anyhow, I gots a Curby story four ya, and it fresh two! Curby is a notorious cheapskate and this is yet another example.

Few weeks ago Curby calls a guy he nose who is a member of a very exclusive golf club (not Augusta). Curby is in the area on vacation and wants to play the course bad. Old buddy gets Curby and three of Curby’s friends admitted as guests.

There is a hefty guest fee. The etiquette is for guest to pay the fee unless the member made it clear it is on him.

Curby’s friends all come ready and pay the guest fee but Curby hangs back and doesn’t step up to pay. When the clubhouse guy gets Curby’s attention, Curby pulls out the “dew ewe no who I am” card and tries to get out of paying. Curby makes a small scene but clubhouse employee isn’t having any of Curby’s #### and makes Curby, the multi millionaire pay.

Curby pulls this sheeit all over the state. Usually gets away with it.

Is this actually true?

If it is, racist Kirby is a bigger asshœle than I thought.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back