Kirby fart

Not exactly. Yes we need to do a better job of bringing in and keeping talent, but we’re supposed to do something with that talent, something that racist Kurby has not done

You're right on the first part. As for the second, he's brought them a top ten finish for four straight years. If Manny did that, 90% of this board would be shouting "WE BACK" and Blake would hand Manny a lifetime contract.

For reference, the last time we finished AP top 10 was 2003. That's two thousand and ******* THREE... Georgia has as many 10 win seasons in the last four years as we do in the last 19 (going back to 2002).

Advertisement
Same ceiling as Richt. I think Richt was good, but I have a feeling if we hire Smart in 15 years our fans will rip on him too.

Advertisement
At worst, we certainly give UGA a run for their money.

We are talking orders of magnitude of difference in the amount of money each program spends on football. UGA hasn't won any championships in the last 15 years, neither have we. They've literally spent hundreds of millions, we've spent tens of millions. UGA had a "season or two" where they mattered in the last 15 years- Miami's had one season where they mattered in the last 15 years (oh I know it's ancient history, eons ago in the faraway time of 2017, Miami was ranked #2 entering the last game of the regular season and we played Clemson for a playoff spot in the acc championship game). UGA certainly gets the edge in level of relative success recently- they played in a natty and lost. UGA bought itself one of the three most stacked rosters in the country (can make an argument they have THE best roster given they lead the country in 5 stars) yet most fans of CFB don't really take UGA seriously as a threat to win a NC next year as you can bet that one way or another they are going to blow their chances. UGA basically hired a more expensive Mark Richt. I'm not overly enamored with Diaz, but I wouldn't spend another 4 million per year to get Kirby Smart. If we were going to drop that kind of money, I'd take Jimbo Fisher or even Brian Kelly over Kirby Smart in a heartbeat.

I really was not comparing us to them at all. That was you.

I was just talking about racist Kurby. You did the comparison, and there is no comparison. All he has done is choke with that talent. We haven’t done anything either, but again we shouldn’t be expected to be ranked that highly with the poor job we’ve done in some bad losses, and talent that’s nowhere near what they have.

What? OK, whatever, I'll take that at face value.

Point is, they've finished top 10 with top 5 talent, while we've finished essentially unranked with top 10 or top 15 talent. I don't know why people seem to think we've recruited in the 40's or something, like we're recruiting at a Duke or NC State level. We have top 15, top 10 talent and do less with it than anyone. That was the point I made and you decided to argue with it, for some reason.

I don't care for Kirby at all either and I agree he is a total fraud, but it sounds ridiculous to say that coming from a Canes fan. Every **** one of us would take what they've put up over the past 5 years or the past 15 years vs what we've been doing. If you can't admit that, you're lying to yourself. They're light years closer to being relevant right now than we are.

I know you're right I like Clemson for the win but it won't be easy though cutthroat game for sure.. just for the Acc and I can't stand bullfrogs I want Clemson to take that game.. but if Clemson wins does kirby seat start heating up after Clemson game???
I dunno, but they will not stand for mediocrity very long. His seat would be warm but would have to see how the season played out.

My only issue with any of these comments is referring to Smart as a good recruiter. When a school is unrivaled in a talent laden state for top recruits and has an unlimited bags budget, how do we know that Kirby is a good recruiter? He recruited my friend’s son Kyle Hamilton (safety who plays for ND) and neither Kyle or his dad were impressed with his Schtick. They found him to be predictable and thought he was pretty much bull****. Not that they disliked him, they just didn’t belive the things he was saying,
They also did not need the six figures that was offered.

We don‘t spend enough time looking at the advantages certain people have before we praise them for things over which they may have little to no input. Is Steve Kerr a good coach or was he given the best team in basketball?
Is Dave Martinez a good coach or is it because the Dodgers have the highest payroll in baseball?
I’m not saying Kirby sucks but it feels like he started on 3rd base and still has not made it to hone plate.
Because his classes are highly ranked year in and year out by all recruiting services and experts and they are Top 5 in players put in the NFL. Now sure he has some huge advantages, but either way you want to spin it he is the UGA Boss, and UGA recruits as well as anyone.

Advertisement
Hey, hey, hey... don't sell your Canes short! We have accomplished VERY little, despite an abundance of talent. At worst, we certainly give UGA a run for their money. ****, at least they've had a season or two where they... you know... mattered, in the last 15 or so years.

You never cease to amaze…

We are talking orders of magnitude of difference in the amount of money each program spends on football. UGA hasn't won any championships in the last 15 years, neither have we. They've literally spent hundreds of millions, we've spent tens of millions. UGA had a "season or two" where they mattered in the last 15 years- Miami's had one season where they mattered in the last 15 years (oh I know it's ancient history, eons ago in the faraway time of 2017, Miami was ranked #2 entering the last game of the regular season and we played Clemson for a playoff spot in the acc championship game). UGA certainly gets the edge in level of relative success recently- they played in a natty and lost. UGA bought itself one of the three most stacked rosters in the country (can make an argument they have THE best roster given they lead the country in 5 stars) yet most fans of CFB don't really take UGA seriously as a threat to win a NC next year as you can bet that one way or another they are going to blow their chances. UGA basically hired a more expensive Mark Richt. I'm not overly enamored with Diaz, but I wouldn't spend another 4 million per year to get Kirby Smart. If we were going to drop that kind of money, I'd take Jimbo Fisher or even Brian Kelly over Kirby Smart in a heartbeat.

I mean, that's all fine, but it sounds pathetic for us to sit here and chirp about UGA being irrelevant and Kirby being a bad coach. We are far less relevant and our coach cowers under the dining room table every time Mack Brown enters the vicinity.

If we close on our top positional recruits
My only issue with any of these comments is referring to Smart as a good recruiter. When a school is unrivaled in a talent laden state for top recruits and has an unlimited bags budget, how do we know that Kirby is a good recruiter? He recruited my friend’s son Kyle Hamilton (safety who plays for ND) and neither Kyle or his dad were impressed with his Schtick. They found him to be predictable and thought he was pretty much bull****. Not that they disliked him, they just didn’t belive the things he was saying,
They also did not need the six figures that was offered.

We don‘t spend enough time looking at the advantages certain people have before we praise them for things over which they may have little to no input. Is Steve Kerr a good coach or was he given the best team in basketball?
Is Dave Martinez a good coach or is it because the Dodgers have the highest payroll in baseball?
I’m not saying Kirby sucks but it feels like he started on 3rd base and still has not made it to hone plate.
Bro I agree with you on so many levels re Bags, but a bag game not unlike a false vote narrative, the willingness to reset the playing field, Did Redlining change the economic prospective for Blacks, yes, but not the ability to adapt to changing forces. We are never going to meet the SEC and bags on a level playing field, but you can bring in coaches that SOFL players, families and handlers believe will get them to that $$$

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know how they are gonna score, they better have an ELITE defense because we saw their O without almost all the NFL players they lost in the Bowl.
They won’t have an elite defense. They’ll be improved I think on defense and way worse on offense. They think that Mullet the elite QB whisperer genius is just going to scheme that O with Emory Jones to a top tier.

Advertisement
Back