Kirby fart

Lol. Kirby is a bum. Yeah, he’s signed better classes than anyone not named Saban but if you honestly believe that Georgia‘a meteoric rise in recruiting is due to Kirby’s charisma, I’ve got some property you might be interested in buying. After Mark Richt, the UGA athletic department and boosters decided to go all in on finally getting over the hump. So far it has gotten them to about where they were during Richt’s first few years. Put him somewhere that he doesn’t have unlimited resources and he would have already been fired. He’s Nick Saban but without the actual winning.

Advertisement
Yea but knowing that if we did what UGA has done in the past four years we would win a title. There peak level now if that was us we would be better.....eventually being right there for this university we would get to the top. If we did what UGA did Surtain would come here Cooper would play here Cook would play here. It's different if we put a product on the field like UGA and have recruiting classes in the top 5 stacked.
And that’s why I supported the Richt hire. Years of his ceiling would put us back on track. Our fanbase booed him at every opportunity.

His entire staff ran off justin fields cause he cant read a defense and he couldnt run a pro set offense. Yes kirby is a basic **** coach. But dont confuse one thing for another. Yall always so quick to call everything that glitters gold. The offense that osu runs is tailor made for a mobile qb. Its basic reads against mainly basic defenses... Yall really think he wouldve showed out at uga more power to u.

If you have a talent like Justin Fields and can’t figure out how to use him, that’s on the coaches.

This is Doritos logic: I’m going to run my system and only my system, no matter what, no matter my talent base, no matter if it doesn’t exploit my current talent. Let’s fit those round pegs in square holes.

If we did the same thing the results would still be very similar... Our scheme is what has kept us from winning. Not our talent.
Agree to disagree.....no way we have the talent UGA has amassed the past 5 years and the NFL definitely represents that UGA has had better talent. I leave it at that

And that’s why I supported the Richt hire. Years of his ceiling would put us back on track. Our fanbase booed him at every opportunity.
He was trash.....he was losing in state talent the same as the other coaches and he wasn't close to bringing in UGA type classes......alot of y'all smokin dat piff. Mark was a good dude saw how grimey it was in sfla saw that he wasn't going to win and knew the fans were about to be on that *** and he left. He's a smart good dude but this was to much of a tall task for him.

Advertisement
He was trash.....he was losing in state talent the same as the other coaches and he wasn't close to bringing in UGA type classes......alot of y'all smokin dat piff. Mark was a good dude saw how grimey it was in sfla saw that he wasn't going to win and knew the fans were about to be on that *** and he left. He's a smart good dude but this was to much of a tall task for him.

Might be crying in the club as I type this but if someone like Richt who, by all accounts, was a good recruiter in terms of his personal skills and also knew the ins and outs of the bag game from his time in Athens saw how grimey it was here and realized he couldn't win...………….can anyone?

Im just curious. What style of offense would you say uga runs? Once you answer that than ask yourself if you feel justin fields could've ran a pro set offense...
In 2020 under Monken? A less creative ver of OSU's and I like Monken as a dude. He's a wild man. But I just thumbed through UGA/Missouri and SC and OSU/Indiana and I see:

11 personnel, mostly gun, some under plays (a couple snaps of 12p)
OZ (OSU read theirs)
IZR
Duo
Split Zone
Power (OSU) vs GT Counter (UGA, read DE on 1-2)
Jet Sweep
Shallow
Mesh (and mesh return)
Double Slant w/ Arrow from RB
Fade/Out
PAP with a post
UGA likes the back shoulder fade more than OSU

Might be crying in the club as I type this but if someone like Richt who, by all accounts, was a good recruiter in terms of his personal skills and also knew the ins and outs of the bag game from his time in Athens saw how grimey it was here and realized he couldn't win...………….can anyone?
And this, my friend, is where I am and exactly how I came to that realization. Upon being hired, I still had faith in the program. An apples to apples comparison of Richt’s floor and ceiling in Athens and Coral Gables enlightened me to the fact that we can expect Randy Shannon results here for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
Well the minute he came here he didn't recruit nearly at the clip he did at UGA. And the can anyone argument is why I'm full out mope.....I'm just hoping for a miracle at this point. I have always stated until we get the Juedys and Surtain and Littles regularly and get the quantity each class of those types we won't win. JMO

Well the minute he came here he didn't recruit nearly at the clip he did at UGA. And the can anyone argument is why I'm full out mope.....I'm just hoping for a miracle at this point. I have always stated until we get the Juedys and Surtain and Littles regularly and get the quantity each class of those types we won't win. JMO
He came here to retire, he was not near the coach he once was.

He came here to retire, he was not near the coach he once was.

I also don't think you can tell the Mark Richt at Miami story without mentioning Jon. He may have came here only to retire, he may have came here and realized he couldn't win, he may have came here and realized the bag network is not conducive to elite recruiting, he may have came here and was lazy and didn't build the personal relationships he had at Georgia....these are all "maybe" thoughts. But 10000% concrete, for certain, his kid being in the mix played a big part in what he did. Whether the administration tried to force his hand and he left instead, or whether he saw the writing on the wall and left, I'm not sure. But he knew the situation with his kid was going to end badly, and he ejected himself from it. That part is not up for debate. So we may be correct with all the other stuff, but you just can't say yay or nay on someone else being successful here because the messiness with Jon was a factor in Richt's tenure that won't be with Manny or if someone comes next.

Mark Richt came to Miami with the idea that he'd be able to coast to 10 win seasons in a weak ACC and set up his family and friends (former players) with cushy jobs that could propel them to greater success as college coaches before retiring. Unfortunately, winning in the ACC wasn't nearly as easy as he thought it would be. The cushy jobs he gave to unqualified assistants (notably QB coach Jon Richt and OC Thomas Brown) backfired when it became obvious he couldn't handle being head coach, OC/play caller and QB coach all by himself. Funny enough, the side of the ball he was 100% hands off (defense) carried the team and only got better every year he was here.

Advertisement
If UGA doesn't make serious noise this year, those boosters may start to turn on Kirby.

Agree with this. The natives are absolutely getting restless. I won’t go so far as to say he’s on the hot seat, but it’s DEFINITELY warm. Those fans and boosters think they are on par with Alabama as far as infrastructure, network, facilities, budget etc. They play in the same conference, but on the easier side. But they’re not getting the same results.

Advertisement
Kirbs is an asshat but he was one half of football from Jalen Hurts being benched from having a NC. There in lies the difference, Saban knew he could not win with Hurts that game after the first half and made the move to Tua, Kirby would have never done that. I think he is a good enough coRch but he is in the conference with the GOAT who is dominating CFB. He will always be 2nd fiddle with Nick around.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back