Kingsley eguakun

Brock we have said Auburn would be making a major push for dude. I don't know why yall acting shook. Remember he's a 3* that doesn't matter. lol I'm joking, but if he's good other programs gonna want him.
If coaches want him, I want him.

Advertisement
A lot of recruiting sites will list OL that are 6'5+ as OT prospects no matter what. And High schools generally play their best OL at tackle, so the recruiting sites look at that also and assume the kid will continue at OT in college ball.

This is hardly the first time an OT "prospect" ends up being better as a guard in college ball than as a tackle. If you follow recruiting and college ball closely, you will see that this happens a lot.

It's much harder to find good O. Tackles then it is to find good Guards.

Fair points but my response was to someone who said we are ******** Donaldson. Donaldson was viewed a top OT prospect by every Miami site insider and recruiting service. It some ways it how we view the need for Neal (to some extent). He just can’t play the position plain and simple. He has been a disappointment in that regard.

Fair points but my response was to someone who said we are ******** Donaldson. Donaldson was viewed a top OT prospect by every Miami site insider and recruiting service. It some ways it how we view the need for Neal (to some extent). He just can’t play the position plain and simple. He has been a disappointment in that regard.

Donaldson doesn't have the feet to be an elite tackle.

Whoever thinks we're ******** him is an idiot. The young man wanted the opportunity to try OT. And even if he moves back to Guard, the experience he's had on the outside will benefit him.

Advertisement
Donaldson doesn't have the feet to be an elite tackle.
I disagree, his footwork is okay. I suspect he's too heavy to play tackle right now. He needs to get down to 315 range and he'll have more quickness and agility to his game. If he can lose the weight you'll see a noticeable difference in how he moves.

I disagree, his footwork is okay. I suspect he's too heavy to play tackle right now. He needs to get down to 315 range and he'll have more quickness and agility to his game. If he can lose the weight you'll see a noticeable difference in how he moves.
On some plays he looks great and on others he loses his technique. Just needs consistency and then he will be alright

Im a guy that liked Maurice Smith more than him. Still think hes a good player though but if he flips turning back to a Maurice Smith isn't bad.

Why? D money does too, what’s your reasons ?

I need to watch film of smith .

On some plays he looks great and on others he loses his technique. Just needs consistency and then he will be alright
One thing with Donaldson I noticed is he struggles with speed at times. Some weight loss will help him deal with quick twitch athletes. I do agree with you though, he needs to become more consistent.

Advertisement
Why? D money does too, what’s your reasons ?

I need to watch film of smith .
I like them both. I think they're similar players. I give Smith a slight edge because he plays against Dade County and national teams. Also, Smith is being coached by Chop, a coaching legend.

I want Smith too. Coach Chop at Central is a great offensive line coach, so I know smith will be prepared properly to play college level football. At worst he's a quality back-up for us.

He is a great coach. They have the best OL in South Florida every single year. He told me his kids play badminton to help their footwork.

Advertisement
Miami can’t be ******* around on the o line. Need Neal, Tarquin is solid, this guy probably won’t end up here. Idk why the staff isn’t offering Wilson.

Miami can’t be ******* around on the o line. Need Neal, Tarquin is solid, this guy probably won’t end up here. Idk why the staff isn’t offering Wilson.

The staff needs to take a long hard look across to the other sideline this weekend and see what ******** up OL recruiting will get you. Totally criminal to ***** this unit up.

Advertisement
@DMoney I like Maurice Smith, he's got good feet and hand placement, you can tell his coached up well and took tot he coaching. Pretty fast for a big dude too. The only knock I'd say is he plays a little high, but he's a HS player he can get better at it.
He's a better prospect then Corey Gaynor coming out.

Donaldson is a beast if he drops 30lbs. Or if his body adapts to the weight. He seems sluggish at times.

The staff needs to take a long hard look across to the other sideline this weekend and see what ******** up OL recruiting will get you. Totally criminal to ***** this unit up.
FSU guys are mostly highly rated, it was more about recruiting by stars than actual evaluations, that's not what's going on here

FSU guys are mostly highly rated, it was more about recruiting by stars than actual evaluations, that's not what's going on here

I agree with you. I think stars on the OL are the most difficult to predict. I am just talking more in general terms of messing up in all aspects of recruiting on the OL will get you what you will see on the other sideline on Saturday. You just can't do it and be an elite team.

Advertisement
Back