Kingsley eguakun

Donaldson was a high 4 Star and he grades out as the worst of our starting OL. It’s not always about the stars.

It’s not his fault we are ******** him over because we haven’t recruited well at the OT position so we are forcing him to play there when he could be an AA at guard.

Advertisement
It’s not his fault we are ******** him over because we haven’t recruited well at the OT position so we are forcing him to play there when he could be an AA at guard.

Is this like when Canes fans said "Flowers is out of position at LT move him to RT" and the Giants did and he still sucked so they benched him and their OL finally took off today? Let me guess he should move to Guard now?

Deficiencies that pop up at 1 OL position don't magically disappear when you slide to a different spot. But I do think RG is Donaldson's best position.

This would suck. He’s a good player with a mean streak and will make a great center. We need to be the ones doing the flipping, not having our guys flip.

We need to keep 2019 OG kingsley eguakun in the class. 3* bull crap be damned, there is a reason Auburn is pushing for him. He has that angry dog in him that you need to play OG an yes UM needs more OT's in the 2019 but you also take a OL that can play OG/C as well who is mean and nasty. An the Jacksonville kids tend to be pretty good players.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Donaldson always wanted to play OT, no one is ******** him.

......it’s not about what he wants, lol.
The kid played OG last year and got better and was one of the best in the conference at the send of the season. Then we move him to tackle after having spent a whole year at guard. When I said ******** him I meant ******** up his development. I didn’t think I would have to clarify that, guess I was wrong.

Please know your facts before you slander the staff. Donaldson wants to play T and pushed to be moved outside.

Please know your facts before you slander the staff. Donaldson wants to play T and pushed to be moved outside.

......as I mentioned above. I could give a fvck what the kid wants. I was talking about ******** up his development. He was moved to RT this season out of necessity, because we have recruited the position like **** and didn’t have anyone else to play the position. There’s a reason the kid started off at OG and excelled, but because we didn’t have anyone else, we moved him. That is what I meant by ********. I’m not talking about what the kid wants so don’t tell me to “know my facts”.

Advertisement
......as I mentioned above. I could give a fvck what the kid wants. I was talking about ******** up his development. He was moved to RT this season out of necessity, because we have recruited the position like **** and didn’t have anyone else to play the position. There’s a reason the kid started off at OG and excelled, but because we didn’t have anyone else, we moved him. That is what I meant by ********. I’m not talking about what the kid wants so don’t tell me to “know my facts”.
This is a false narrative made out by hater such as yourself. THere is ZERO and i mean ZERO hindering of 55's development because he plays RT. Do you think he will forget how to maul people? Did you not watch quicker DTs abuse him in pass pro last year? Is he not learning how to defend pass rushers in space right now? If anything he is going to make money should he put on tape the ability to play RT. This is a godsend to the kid in terms of future earning potential. Most OGs dont ever get the chance to put games at RT on tape and the skills and experience he is gaining on going against quicker players will prove great to him at OG. Lets see how he plays out the rest of the year. Ask Feliciano how much position flexibility and proving that on tape did for his "development."

Donaldson was a high 4 Star and he grades out as the worst of our starting OL. It’s not always about the stars.[/Q
Idiotic take, Donaldson has great potential at guard just the young tackles aren't ready so he's forced out of position. That's like some idiots who think Langham can just play tight end because he's big when he can't

Is this like when Canes fans said "Flowers is out of position at LT move him to RT" and the Giants did and he still sucked so they benched him and their OL finally took off today? Let me guess he should move to Guard now?

Deficiencies that pop up at 1 OL position don't magically disappear when you slide to a different spot. But I do think RG is Donaldson's best position.
He played guard before and dominated so it's a completely different situation than you're describing

Advertisement
This is a false narrative made out by hater such as yourself. THere is ZERO and i mean ZERO hindering of 55's development because he plays RT. Do you think he will forget how to maul people? Did you not watch quicker DTs abuse him in pass pro last year? Is he not learning how to defend pass rushers in space right now? If anything he is going to make money should he put on tape the ability to play RT. This is a godsend to the kid in terms of future earning potential. Most OGs dont ever get the chance to put games at RT on tape and the skills and experience he is gaining on going against quicker players will prove great to him at OG. Lets see how he plays out the rest of the year. Ask Feliciano how much position flexibility and proving that on tape did for his "development."

Yeah all that is fine and true if he was actually playing well at RT. But he isnt. Yeah no **** most OG’s don’t get the chance to put games at RT on tape because they are OG’s lol. They have no business playing RT and aren’t being forced to do so like 55. Most college RT’s are moved inside in the NFL, not the other way around. All this move is doing is proving that 55 belongs inside. It’s hurting his development because it’s taking away time and reps from the position he is the best at. Is he a serviceable RT? Yes. Could he play there in a pinch and get us out of emergency situations? Obviously as he is STARTING for us there. But his money will be made at guard, and even you know that.

Donaldson was a high 4 Star and he grades out as the worst of our starting OL. It’s not always about the stars.
So by that logic if we had 5 Mahoneys we’d be mauling are way to the national championship right now also with a qb in rosier who “graded” out the best qb but we have seen how that worked out

HTown, I (strongly) agree with you that Donaldson is out of position.

Coaches problem is that he can't move him back until he has a better option at RT. And TBH, the real problem is LT. Because by far the best lineup is St Louis at RT, Donaldson at RG, Gauthier at Center, Boulware/Mahoney at LG and Player X at LT.

But who is this mythical Player X who can play either LT (ideal) or RT (second choice)? So far, Jones failed at it, Brown failed at it before getting injured, Herbert and Hillery proved to be not yet ready for whatever reason. ...Right now, the guys on the depth chart running with the 2s are true freshmen Scaife and Campbell. Until they or one of the others can play well enough not to get our QB knocked out of the game, coach is kind of stuck.

Advertisement
So by that logic if we had 5 Mahoneys we’d be mauling are way to the national championship right now also with a qb in rosier who “graded” out the best qb but we have seen how that worked out

My point is it’s not always about stars. Taking a 3 Star OL based on projection to a particular position can sometimes work out better than taking a 4 Star not suited for the position they can’t play. Bottom line, Donaldson (a high 4 Star OT prospect) who all the recruiting services pegged as a OT, will never be a good LT or RT. Ya dig?

Yeah all that is fine and true if he was actually playing well at RT. But he isnt. Yeah no **** most OG’s don’t get the chance to put games at RT on tape because they are OG’s lol. They have no business playing RT and aren’t being forced to do so like 55. Most college RT’s are moved inside in the NFL, not the other way around. All this move is doing is proving that 55 belongs inside. It’s hurting his development because it’s taking away time and reps from the position he is the best at. Is he a serviceable RT? Yes. Could he play there in a pinch and get us out of emergency situations? Obviously as he is STARTING for us there. But his money will be made at guard, and even you know that.
Again you're missing the point. Playing OG isn't he most difficult thing, especially if you have strength to your game. 55 playing RT is actually helping his game because he is learning how to pass pro in space which is something he was sorely lacking last year in tight spaces. This is helping his development not hindering. Keep trying to find things to whine about. Us "hindering" his development isn't a real issue. It's made up and false

But go ahead and keep arguing a horrible point. It's your MO we get it.

If there is one position group that doesn't really matter when it comes to stars, it's the offensive line. The correct predictions on 4* and 5* are very few and far between.

Most of those kids are still developing and growing into their bodies, plus the college strength/development training dwarfs what most of these kids see in high school.

Advertisement
Back