King Rumor

Advertisement
Dude has been hurt and Manny/Lashlee continued to let him go out there. He’s be scraping his body off the field and crashing into LBs each game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out for extended time. I can’t remember him sliding to avoid contact ever. I respect the toughness but sounds like it’s caught up
more like our O line caught with him :

Whenever kids ask me my opinion on Miami I tell then straight up this is one of the most toxic places you can go fan base wise, a young man that coulda went to LSU or somewhere and played comes to help our pathetic program out and the second he underperforms it’s slander.. he stabilized this **** show and MANNY tore it down. Y’all have no idea how many houston kids read the **** y’all say about Flagg, king blah blah.. and Ima keep it real with em everytime y’all are sick dawg

Advertisement
Honestly I think most of the super seniors actually hurt the program by coming back.

The cycle of flushing out the old guys that aren’t NFL caliber was delayed.

Especially when you look at our roster… our highest rated recruits are the younger guys.
On the telecast one of the announcers mentioned that after the season MSU had last year the coach ( Tucker) had like 27 kids transferred out, and brought in like a whole new team. I think Manny kept a lot of the deadwood around, and should have brought in more the 3 transfers .

On the telecast one of the announcers mentioned that after the season MSU had last year the coach ( Tucker) had like 27 kids transferred out, and brought in like a whole new team. I think Manny kept a lot of the deadwood around, and should have brought in more the 3 transfers .
That’s gonna kill them on counters eventually tho

Advertisement
Calm down Cribby. Its ok.

People have the right to Express their opinions here. Sometimes they're are correct. Sometimes they're not.

Just saying, this is one of those times someone is saying that they are correct and is willing to wait to be proven correct. Accept that.

It doesn't diminish you as a person.
I'm the one sticking my neck out..

You want to call winning a position "crowning" heh that's on you..

I saying simply saying Garcial is the best of our subs. If that bothers anyone...tough sh*t
Once again you said don’t be upset lol but you’re the one writing out long posts in your feels. I don’t care enough to do that. I just said we should’ve learned by now to not crown these kids. Most here “ think” Garcia will eventually win the job. But thankfully you “know”.

Be careful for what u wish for; u think the OL was trash before, just wait til u see it w/ green freshmen w/o the leg skills of King.

For all that were trying to compare the Dorsey/Kelly situation to TVD-Garcia/King situation, it’s not. Remember, our OL recruiting & development was elite. It was unusual to see Dorsey even get touched. Plus, he was surrounded by future NFL Pro bowl RBs & all pro TE. It’s literally apples & bananas.

Furthermore, if this chit fails epically, built in excuse for Diaz to give it another shot.

Exactly… one of those transfers we should’ve brought in was playing linebacker for Mich State!

Looked a lot different when Perry played against Oklahoma State.

Similar to Lashlee looking a lot better at SMU with Buechele. It's the same offense it's just executed a lot better with a pass first QB.

Allow me to chime in; I think Perry looked good b/c OSU wasn’t prepared against Perry. I remember when Trubisky got hurt for The Bears, and Chase Daniels looked good coming off the bench. Chase Daniels is trash, but the team didn’t prepare for him, and looked like a future pro bowler. He sucked the next couple of games thereafter. Sometimes back ups w/ limited film or ones not prepared for look good for a game or two.

Also, SMU is doing just fine w/o Lashlee, so I’m wondering how much of SMU’s O was based upon him vs. Sonny D.

Advertisement
Once again you said don’t be upset lol but you’re the one writing out long posts in your feels. I don’t care enough to do that. I just said we should’ve learned by now to not crown these kids. Most here “ think” Garcia will eventually win the job. But thankfully you “know”.

WOW!!
You really really are upset about this. Just because I know something.?..Cmon man Sheesh!!

Maybe one day you'll KNOW something too. I promise I won't get mad when/if that ever happens.

Take care

Last edited:
Everybody loves how Garcia looked in the spring game, but that was without contact. A lot of those plays would have been sacks or worse. There's no denying he could be special, but rushing a QB into action has ruined more than one potentially good quarterback.

CCSU should provide a good opportunity for both to see action and maybe give a clearer picture on who's going to be the guy going forward.

Allow me to chime in; I think Perry looked good b/c OSU wasn’t prepared against Perry. I remember when Trubisky got hurt for The Bears, and Chase Daniels looked good coming off the bench. Chase Daniels is trash, but the team didn’t prepare for him, and looked like a future pro bowler. He sucked the next couple of games thereafter. Sometimes back ups w/ limited film or ones not prepared for look good for a game or two.

Also, SMU is doing just fine w/o Lashlee, so I’m wondering how much of SMU’s O was based upon him vs. Sonny D.
Fair point which is possible but we pushed the ball down the field much better. The field looks far more spread out because you can run those splits with a guy like Perry and his arm vs King.

As far as the bears i have no idea. Preparing for Trubisky and Daniels seems it would be about the same to me schematically.

SMU also hired Garrett Riley. Might be a better hire than when Lashlee was there. He's gonna be a hot commodity himself this off season.

Advertisement
At this point I think it’s for the best for both parties. I love King, but it’s obvious he’s not healthy and this season is lost. His best chance at the league is to completely rehab and tryout as WR. And for the team, we’ve got to showcase our young QB and get live reps. Could also be a big selling point to Mario or whoever if we can hit or gives a better understanding for portal next season
There is no end to quality WR's coming out of college. Why should anyone try it with King. The league is not in his future. Let the young man graduate with a degree from a top 50 school and lead a successful and productive life with some great college memories.

When opposing defenses see that Garcia has a quick release and can push the ball down the field with accuracy, they won't be able to crowd the box. This should open up the run game. We'll see.
that's all good unless he throws a bunch of interceptions. than nobody is afraid of anything.

Be careful for what u wish for; u think the OL was trash before, just wait til u see it w/ green freshmen w/o the leg skills of King.

For all that were trying to compare the Dorsey/Kelly situation to TVD-Garcia/King situation, it’s not. Remember, our OL recruiting & development was elite. It was unusual to see Dorsey even get touched. Plus, he was surrounded by future NFL Pro bowl RBs & all pro TE. It’s literally apples & bananas.

Furthermore, if this chit fails epically, built in excuse for Diaz to give it another shot.
And Dorsey's first starts in 1999 were home games against Rutgers (1-10), Syracuse (7-5, lost to Rutgers), and Temple (2-9). Not a knock on KD, btw.

Hopefully, if TVD and/or Garcia look soild-to-great against Central Conn, we'll pump the breaks untill we see a good sample of play against quality opponents.

Advertisement
Back