King Rumor

Advertisement
They knew he was hurt , it was obvious. He was short hopping throws , holding his shoulder and wincing in pain. On top of other things.

Football players are competitors and normally won’t come off the field. There’s a reason the nfl has concussion protocol now and force guys off the field. In the past they’d lie or try to bs trainers they wasn’t hurt.

I don't disagree. But it's one thing if the guy is playing hurt but not hurting the team vs playing hurt and hurting the team. He should have been pulled after bouncing those throws is what I am saying. At that point he isn't doing anyone any good. But going out there and playing hurt is not uncommon in football. It is a violent sport.

The concussion protocol is a separate issue.

Advertisement
I agree. I keep repeating it but I think people are insane for thinking we will somehow look better with TVD who has looked like a deer in the headlights on every live action play or Garcia who has only been here since Jan. Especially with our O-line missing 3 starters already and the amount of drops we've already had + a blind running back that is the only one who can start apparently. Best QB we've had in ages and surely the freshmen are better, just like JW, Kosi, Kaaya, etc etc.
100%. Can't understand how anyone would be this excited to move on from King who is gutting it out for this team. Grass isn't always greener. Just hope these young QBs prove me wrong. If not, gna be a long rest of the season

They knew he was hurt , it was obvious. He was short hopping throws , holding his shoulder and wincing in pain. On top of other things.

Football players are competitors and normally won’t come off the field. There’s a reason the nfl has concussion protocol now and force guys off the field. In the past they’d lie or try to bs trainers they wasn’t hurt.
Man king ain’t the only one. This dude shoulder was literally hanging and they let him trot back on the field smh. Then with smith the man was full on stretching his knee and doing all kinds of things for like 3 series and they kept running him back out there. Where are the coaches that’s suppose to be watching these things?

**** poor all the way around

He will be fine this weekend.... but at VT.. he will need divine help.
1. Garcia can see over the line. Garcia is also a very smart kid! If he can call out defenses and help his protection that will get better results. Lashlee job is to help which ever QB is out there tho.

Your job as a coach is to play to your players strengths and Lashlee has been horrid at doing that thus far

Advertisement
thank you for your services D'Eriq. Outstanding kid, not a good QB and glad that chapter is closed. Wish him a speedy recovery, looking forward to one of the young kids getting the chance

Advertisement
There’s more to the story but yeah , it’s a bad look imo.
Yeah. Sometimes you gotta pull your rank and tell the player “NO!” When he went into the locker room MSU game he should have come back out in sweats and cheered/coaches his team on. But instead he took even more shots. Manny is real sleazy for that. Real coach would protect him and in reverse would have gave him points in trying to save his job.

You act like King isn't a 24 year old man and had no say in the decision and played simply b/c they told him to. He clearly wanted to play.

Of course he wanted to play. There's no quit in that man. Every coach has to at some point get in front of a player and tell them to slow down, wait, be patient, and we're looking after you. When that game got ugly, he shouldn't have been out there. You could tell he was hurting at times and they kept trotting him out there. Kid will keep going until he can't, respect to him for that, but get in front of that. **** amateur hour here.

Don’t worry, Manuela is going to pull a card from his predecessor’s bag of tricks, Dan Mullen. By playing both TVD and Garcia back and forth for a baseline for potential loss. But hey, good audition for the next coach to see what his QB will look like.

Advertisement
There were a few posters on here that said Lashlees offense could be held back by King...Well, here is his chance to prove that to be true.

Advertisement
Back