King Rumor

my only issue is this:

IF King is out for the season, will that give Manny an extra year as head coach? Like a built in excuse?
Nah. If he got hurt in spring sure, but this season was a ****show with King starting. Manny’s only saving grace would be Garcia or TVD ripping off 9 straight wins.

Advertisement
Not Cribby but my .02.. Without a covid year who is our QB right now? TVD or Garcia. Shouldn't be an excuse.

In reality.. without a COVID year who else are we missing and how bad could it really be?
Honestly I think most of the super seniors actually hurt the program by coming back.

The cycle of flushing out the old guys that aren’t NFL caliber was delayed.

Especially when you look at our roster… our highest rated recruits are the younger guys.

Advertisement
As long as Diaz doesn't conveniently use this as an excuse for dropping some more games and get another year I'd be fine with even Matocha back there.

My take on this.... Our O will look better at the end of the year with a new QB than it has the first three with King. Oh, and I hope King recovers quickly. He's a good dude and deserves our respect, even if he has his limits as a QB.
Oh they got a new o-line?

Have people seen TVD when he's come into games? Not sure why everyone is so thrilled to move on from King. He has his shortcomings for sure but what makes you think these two young guys can work a miracle behind this horrible OL and an already suspect defense. King was able to use his legs to extend some plays that I dont think these others can do...obviously it'll be good to get the young QBs experience but its gna be a LONG season unless one of these two somehow plays way above their years...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly I think most of the super seniors actually hurt the program by coming back.

The cycle of flushing out the old guys that aren’t NFL caliber was delayed.

Especially when you look at our roster… our highest rated recruits are the younger guys.
I spoke about this very thing in the UFR thread. The "super senior" thing should be done and done after this year. Its only holding back younger guys from getting an opportunity. If you havent done much in the first 5 years here..nothing will change in the 6th year and we are seeing that first hand. The worst player on D right now is none other than 6th year SR Amari Carter. Smh.

Have people seen TVD when he's come into games? Not sure why everyone is so thrilled to move on from King. He has his shortcomings for sure but what makes you think these two young guys can work a miracle behind this horrible OL and an already suspect defense. King was able to use his legs to extend some plays that I dont think these others can do...obviously it'll be good to get the young QBs experience but its gna be a LONG season unless one of these two someone plays way above their years...
I think this year King went to his legs pre maturely quite often and has left a good chunk of available passing plays on the table.

I think a lot of that has to do with him not trusting the OL, and I think most of that mistrust came from starting against Alabama.

Hindsight 20/20 but playing Alabama week 1 was a huge mistake for our program.

It may ultimately be the catalyst to begin flushing out the bad from the program but for the sake of having success this year and with this current regime it was bad news bears.

Advertisement
Have people seen TVD when he's come into games? Not sure why everyone is so thrilled to move on from King. He has his shortcomings for sure but what makes you think these two young guys can work a miracle behind this horrible OL and an already suspect defense. King was able to use his legs to extend some plays that I dont think these others can do...obviously it'll be good to get the young QBs experience but its gna be a LONG season unless one of these two someone plays way above their years...
Man it's gonna be a long season no matter who leads this offense. We literally haven't run one play all year where all 11 did their job. Even when we get a net positive play half the team has their head up their ***.

I heard 4-6 weeks but he plans on playing against UNC (a goal he set to get back and he really wants redemption in that game - not necessarily that manny or medical is gonna clear him for it)
Man, i love this kid.... having said that...i just don't see Miami even keeping it close against UNC unless something drastically changes. I don't want him to return and play hurt just to have the team get destroyed again.

Idk about TVD. Every time dude steps in, he looks like he is scared as **** and super erratic. Then with Garcia it sounds like big play or big turnover, gunslinger time when he is in. Whoever is the QB, Lashlee has to throw away the BS he's been calling
Garcia starts and we look like UNC in Howell's freshman year with similar or worse result in the win column.

Advertisement
I have to give the board props. Just when I think there is nothing that could shock me, there are now some on here ecstatic that a Cane player may have an injury serious enough to be season ending.

Shouldn't we be upset that this now gives Diaz the excuse to have a bad season and he won't get fired? Isn't that how the game gets played on here?

No one is happy he's injured. Speaking for myself, I can see a silver-lining that this may be the impetus for a position change and thus a route to the NFL.

Man, i love this kid.... having said that...i just don't see Miami even keeping it close against UNC unless something drastically changes. I don't want him to return and play hurt just to have the team get destroyed again.
The UNC game has nothing to do with him imo. Him playing won't change anything. He might put us in a shootout if he's his old self making plays but this defense continues to get exposed on the outside zone/counter run plays just like we did last year against UNC. We were 8-1 going into that game and have only barely beat App State since then because they exposed our weakness. That is their specialty and we can't even set an edge on defense. They'll put up 50 again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back