King on the fence about coming back

Advertisement
Think he needs to go to the senior bowl! Where he can work out at different positions! He may be an NFL back or Wideout
Said Woody Dantzler, who was a far more elusive runner

king should stay. See if he can pull a Kyler Murray.

Advertisement
King should absolutely come back and dominate college football next year, and then he'll have a shot of being looked at as a short QB who can play. Right now, there are still more question marks than answers on him.
Too many question marks!

There's an enormous difference between being on the fence about something and not putting though into it.

prayer GIF

Advertisement
I've said he isn't an NFL QB right now, but all he needs is one team to feel differently and he's likely gone. Good college player, the engine of this team, but one more year and he can be great while making more than one team believe he's a QB at the next level.

The only way I see the chance of him coming back is if he really wants to be a QB. Don’t know how much he can improve but another stellar year could convince someone to give him a shot as a QB.

Advertisement
If King leaves we'll get another QB out the Portal.

The staff is trying hard to get King to come back, but in the event he leaves they'll get a Portal transfer.

I'm about 190% sure TVD will not start the opener against Bama (if we even still play that game).

I agree on the possibility of that game not getting thru. As a matter of fact I would love to not play that game

Had a sack
And that is all he did.....you think NFL scouts looking at a game against VT only....they are going to see the Clemson game where he had a sack when the game was pretty much already over. He is going to be playing VT oline in the NFL.
Dont get me wrong....Phillips is a player and will most likely have a long NFL career

Advertisement
And that is all he did.....you think NFL scouts looking at a game against VT only....they are going to see the Clemson game where he had a sack when the game was pretty much already over. He is going to be playing VT oline in the NFL.
Dont get me wrong....Phillips is a player and will most likely have a long NFL career
The sack didn’t come late but I get what you are trying to say

King needs to come back; period. I can guarantee he has no shot at the NFL as a QB as of 12/2/2020. He needs consistent film showing he can make, at least, most of the throws. Quick slants ain’t gonna cut it in the NFL.
well he get that enough in Lashlee’s offense though?

If he goes round 5 then he's going to be taken as a gadget player, not as a legit QB contender. I think the guaranteed salary of a 5th rounder is somewhere around 300k/yr before taxes. That won't go far and I don't see teams giving him a lot of leeway. Fifth rounders get cut to make room for early picks; and those early picks are allowed to stick around longer even if they aren't performing because of the sunk cost. If he gets a Heisman invitation next year (not that farfetched), he'll likely put himself in position to be at least a 3rd round pick. If he actually wins the Heisman (if he returns, I think he'd have the 3rd or 4th best odds for the Heisman) he could be a first round pick. It would be a terrible financial decision to leave. This isn't like some LB, RB, or DT leaving early like we've seen in the past- in those cases, they normally have similar size/weight of others at the position (they just happen to not be very good). King would be one of the smallest QBs (if not THE smallest) in the NFL and there are too many questions about his ability. He's just not going to be given much of a chance if he leaves early to be a late round pick.
****t if Taysom hill in the league there’s def a spot for King

Advertisement
Back