King on the fence about coming back

Is he running from Bama? Because I can think of bigger d linemen in the NFL...

Advertisement
Question, is d'eriq better/as good of a pure passer than kaaya? Not sure what you guys have been watching but me think no way he gets past round 3 if he declares.. with the way the NFL is trending with dynamic QB's kyler, lamar, t Hill. i seriously dont know how you pass up on king.

what im getting at is that someone who can go in the 6th round and was about as dynamic of a runner as me, compared to deriq, who i think is just as good of a passer.

Brad's final stat line
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.26.31 PM.png

Deriq currently

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.27.22 PM.png

If King comes back with these weapons at the skill positions and an upgraded defense (talent-wise, not schematically), I do not see him NOT tearing up the ACC next year.

There was already Heisman press clippings out there for him until Clemson. Keep in mind the vaccine is around the corner from rollout. He’d have an entire spring ball under his belt this time giving him and his receivers invaluable reps they were cheated out of due to COVID. First game vs. Bama aside, we can run the table and he’d no doubt improve his stock. He’s likely to vault to the front of the Heisman pack if he were to come back.....if.
To each it’s own, but I still think u’re looking at this from a Miami fandom angle v. King’s & NFL scouts angle. But as u should. Personally? I hope he comes back. I’m speaking purely as a guy who bleeds orange & green when u cut him open. This is the most heart wrenching, yet exciting season we’ve had in a while, and it’s b/c of him bailing us out. But, I would be shocked if he declared, nor would I be mad b/c he’s not a young pup.

Question, is d'eriq better/as good of a pure passer than kaaya? Not sure what you guys have been watching but me think no way he gets past round 3 if he declares.. with the way the NFL is trending with dynamic QB's kyler, lamar, t Hill. i seriously dont know how you pass up on king.

what im getting at is that someone who can go in the 6th round and was about as dynamic of a runner as me, compared to deriq, who i think is just as good of a passer.

Brad's final stat line
View attachment 136667

Deriq currently

View attachment 136668
Bro; u have on Orange & Green shades. First off, King is no where near as fast as Murray or elusive....plus Murray’s arm is 10x better than King. Murray was a baseball player, and drafted by MLB in the 1st round. Both he & Russ have that in common. King struggles w deep balls & deep outs. And pls don’t ever mention The Cheetah w King. The only reason y Hill wasn’t a 1st round pick was due to character issues.

Kaaya was a projected 1st round pick prior to Baby Richt & Papa Richt putting him in a chitty offensive philosophy. His stock absolutely plummeted. The moment they finally put him in the Gun to run RPO, Kaaya caught fire & gave shades of his sophomore yr; but it was already too late.

Everything is not equal. That’s y stats can be deceiving until context is given. King will get drafted, but definitely not top 3 rounds. He’s been up & down this season. Great games, good games, & poor games. That’s not top 3 round caliber.

If King leaves we'll get another QB out the Portal.

The staff is trying hard to get King to come back, but in the event he leaves they'll get a Portal transfer.

I'm about 190% sure TVD will not start the opener against Bama (if we even still play that game).

why wouldn’t we play it?

Advertisement
Co-vid.

Plus, they may continue the conference only schedules into next year as well.

vaccines will be available for pretty much anyone by mid summer. Only reason the cancel is if the world is still scared of a few cases here and there. Covid may be around forever but with vaccines and immunity it will have a minimal impact on this world.

not to get in a Covid discussion but things should be back to normal by late summer around the country

To each it’s own, but I still think u’re looking at this from a Miami fandom angle v. King’s & NFL scouts angle. But as u should. Personally? I hope he comes back. I’m speaking purely as a guy who bleeds orange & green when u cut him open. This is the most heart wrenching, yet exciting season we’ve had in a while, and it’s b/c of him bailing us out. But, I would be shocked if he declared, nor would I be mad b/c he’s not a young pup.
Yes I went full homer for a second. But I’m with you...I hope he comes back and I will be stunned if he actually does.

Advertisement
Bro; u have on Orange & Green shades. First off, King is no where near as fast as Murray or elusive....plus Murray’s arm is 10x better than King. Murray was a baseball player, and drafted by MLB in the 1st round. Both he & Russ have that in common. King struggles w deep balls & deep outs. And pls don’t ever mention The Cheetah w King. The only reason y Hill wasn’t a 1st round pick was due to character issues.

Kaaya was a projected 1st round pick prior to Baby Richt & Papa Richt putting him in a chitty offensive philosophy. His stock absolutely plummeted. The moment they finally put him in the Gun to run RPO, Kaaya caught fire & gave shades of his sophomore yr; but it was already too late.

Everything is not equal. That’s y stats can be deceiving until context is given. King will get drafted, but definitely not top 3 rounds. He’s been up & down this season. Great games, good games, & poor games. That’s not top 3 round caliber.
i was referring to taysom hill bra :LOL: your right about arm strength, but ive see king make every throw besides deep balls to our trash receivers, like did you see what plays this man made on VT? really quick decision maker, deadly accurate off first reads.. i hear you but king has so many intangibles that the NFL is looking for. hes not 6'5 with a lazer arm but i dont see how you pass on him in round 3 if your looking for a QB to develop

vaccines will be available for pretty much anyone by mid summer. Only reason the cancel is if the world is still scared of a few cases here and there. Covid may be around forever but with vaccines and immunity it will have a minimal impact on this world.

not to get in a Covid discussion but things should be back to normal by late summer around the country
Not convinced things will be any where near “normal” any time soon, with or without vaccines and immunity.

i was referring to taysom hill bra :LOL: your right about arm strength, but ive see king make every throw besides deep balls to our trash receivers, like did you see what plays this man made on VT? really quick decision maker, deadly accurate off first reads.. i hear you but king has so many intangibles that the NFL is looking for. hes not 6'5 with a lazer arm but i dont see how you pass on him in round 3 if your looking for a QB to develop
My fault bro. Lol. I was like blood is big trippin comparing Tyreke Hill to King. LMAO! Right on.

If Manny can recruit back King and we win the off-season again, watch out. Phillips, Bolden and especially Blades would be leaving for much lower draft grades than they could potentially be at if they stayed another year. There would be a lot less holes to fill this time around under a scenario where all those guys are back. And I could absolutely see us going punch for punch with Bama then.

Advertisement
The whole height thing is so five years ago , just look at Murray . Dude is 5’9 -5’10..

Does height matter or part of the in equation yes , but at one time it was the end all. The nfl is getting more and more spread , so it’s not as big of a deal when you aren’t taking 3-5-7 drops behind a huge ol.

If king comes back and improves , he should have a huge season and move up. Especially if guys return , it could be a really big year.

Last edited:
The whole height thing is so five years ago , just look at Murray . Dude is 5’9 -5’10..

Does height matter or part of the equation yes , but at one time it was the end all. The nfl is getting more and more spread , so it’s not as big of a deal when you aren’t taking 3-5-7 drops behind a huge ol.

If king comes back and improves , he should have a huge season and move up. Especially if guys return , it could be a really big year.
I would think he'd be the heisman front runner too.

Is he going to grow another 2-4 inches? I hope he comes back but at the end of the day his current limitations will be his limitations next year as well.
He will not grow in inches but he will most likely grow in status and accomplishments.
He should also grow in confidence within a system for a second season.

Not to mention there will be less Qbs ahead of him next draft if he balls out and gets all the accolades and awards I expect him to.

Advertisement

Does height matter or part of the in equation yes , but at one time it was the end all. The nfl is getting more and more spread , so it’s not as big of a deal when you aren’t taking 3-5-7 drops behind a huge ol.

I don't disagree but that means you have to have laser accuracy and King's deep ball is... let's just say inconsistent.

I personally don't think he's a true NFL QB and can use another year developing. King struggles with throwing into tight windows under pressure and has an average at best deep ball. I think he can be a solid Slot WR if he has the hands

King is cut from a different cloth than we're used to lately. I might be misreading the situation, but he strikes me as a young man who would listen to reason, and actually care about where he is drafted, not just that he is drafted. I'd be surprised if he grades out as highly as he'd like at this point.

When does the ncaa rule about players making money on their licensing/appearances start? Worse things than getting a graduate degree from a great university, making some money on South Beach and maybe making great contacts for future career in Miami business or in coaching. All while hopefully improving his NFL stock.

Advertisement
Back