King on the fence about coming back

There’s been other other throws available for King that he’s struggled with.
Definitely his deep throws needs more consistency but can't say our wr smurfs help him any. But I agree he needs another year. Lashlee's offense always seem to improve year to year too. I would think King would be in top 5 hypesman talk right off the bat next year, especially with strong finish this year.

Advertisement
Is king a better college QB or prospect than Greg ward? Cause Greg ward is a WR and had to make it on the practice squad. In all honesty king won’t make it long term at QB in the NFL so why not come back and play the position you love.

Is king a better college QB or prospect than Greg ward? Cause Greg ward is a WR and had to make it on the practice squad. In all honesty king won’t make it long term at QB in the NFL so why not come back and play the position you love.
QB yes but actual prospect idk. It didn’t matter what Greg Ward did. He for sure didn’t have the arm strength to play QB in the league and was always destined to play WR in the league.

Advertisement
Maybe if he sees the class coming in and many players returning he will come back to make a run for the playoffs

Definitely his deep throws needs more consistency but can't say our wr smurfs help him any. But I agree he needs another year. Lashlee's offense always seem to improve year to year too. I would think King would be in top 5 hypesman talk right off the bat next year, especially with strong finish this year.
For sure; the only thing that has me weary is his age. Had no idea he was an older player like that. He’s 23 now; if he comes back, he’ll be 24, and by the time he plays a NFL game he’ll be 25. The NFL frowns upon older players b/c it takes the avg. player about 2-3 yrs to fully adjust to the game. That might be the only draw or itching for him to go now.

As I’ve said before, I think b/c of his skills, he could play in the NFL. If Burton Michael Robinson (Penn St) could have a nice, long career as an Athlete in the NFL, King certainly can!

Advertisement
What worries me most is that we open with Bama next yr....Great if King comes back...but God forbid he doesn't, we'd be sending a completely unproven QB in TVD into a Hornets Nest...because i'm not so sure Kosi doesn't leave after this yr into the Portal...Can you imagine having only TVD (With no meaningful snaps) and Matocha as our QBs??....

can you imagine baker vs bama
That to me is even more scarier

Would Bama be #1? I know they reload and always are big in the trenches but wouldn't they be breaking in a new QB too?
But they are going to face baker
Who is the ultimate hype man for opposing qbs
Especially those just starting
He loves helping them make a highlight tape off of him

For sure; the only thing that has me weary is his age. Had no idea he was an older player like that. He’s 23 now; if he comes back, he’ll be 24, and by the time he plays a NFL game he’ll be 25. The NFL frowns upon older players b/c it takes the avg. player about 2-3 yrs to fully adjust to the game. That might be the only draw or itching for him to go now.

As I’ve said before, I think b/c of his skills, he could play in the NFL. If Burton Michael Robinson (Penn St) could have a nice, long career as an Athlete in the NFL, King certainly can!
****, wasn't aware of the age factor. That may be a deciding factor for him then. Oh, well. Here's hoping he finishes strong then!

Advertisement
King should absolutely come back and dominate college football next year, and then he'll have a shot of being looked at as a short QB who can play. Right now, there are still more question marks than answers on him.
Him coming back and for year 2 with Lashlee will do incredible things for both of them and will make him one of the Heisman favorites.

Someone has to sit him down and tell him if he really wants to play in the NFL the best thing for him to do is come back.
There really is no argument against that premise.
He's not going to grow 4 inches in the off-season.

Advertisement
I’m intrigued to see what blades does, the plan was always three and done. With no other options possible, after this year he needs to think twice. Between a couple portal kids and guys returning then mix in king we could have a special situation unfolding.
what Blades does? why I cant see him getting drafted. Leave early to try and make a practice squad?

Advertisement
Back