King on the fence about coming back

If he really wants to be an NFL QB, he'll be back. He might figure one more year in college is a small price to make that a possibility.

Advertisement
King is a solid college QB, however, IMO he is not an NFL QB. There are other QBs in the NFL with his smaller stature in the NFL, but they are extremely accurate throwing the ball. King is adequate for college ball, but does miss WIDE open guys too often for the NFL.

I see King's shot in the NFL like Malcolm Perry with the Dolphins as a WR or RB project in the late rounds or undrafted FA. His choice is basically come back for more college glory leading a deeper Canes team in 2021 or fight to make an NFL roster as a WR/RB project. My guess is he is ready to make some $$$, especially since his father passed away in the offseason and his family may need financial help.

In before “he gone”.
Gone to a practice squad and most likely undrafted. King is a good "college" QB. But he hasnt shown the skill set for the next level. Another year in this system and hopefully better WR play would help him showcase next year. There are too many QBs in this years draft. Part of this is selfish cause I would prefer him back next year but most of it is just being realistic

King is a solid college QB, however, IMO he is not an NFL QB. There are other QBs in the NFL with his smaller stature in the NFL, but they are extremely accurate throwing the ball. King is adequate for college ball, but does miss WIDE open guys too often for the NFL.

I see King's shot in the NFL like Malcolm Perry with the Dolphins as a WR or RB project in the late rounds or undrafted FA. His choice is basically come back for more college glory leading a deeper Canes team in 2021 or fight to make an NFL roster as a WR/RB project. My guess is he is ready to make some $$$, especially since his father passed away in the offseason and his family may need financial help.

i think kings best shot as a QB is to come back with another year in the O and a real offseason and blow up with a trask or burrow like season along with a weakened QB class

Advertisement
I like King a ton. Think he's a high level college QB, enjoyed watching him even back when he was at Houston...but...

Think the only way he's not a late round draft pick (6th or 7th, mostly because of his measureables) is if he comes back for another year and puts up 300yards plus passing on Bama together with a fantastic season.

That's not even bias making me a wishful homer, honestly feel that way. Too many good QBs coming out this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Holy **** this may tip in our favor for once

If a few key players decide to stay and they put in effort on their own time during the offseason, it's not impossible.

What worries me most is that we open with Bama next yr....Great if King comes back...but God forbid he doesn't, we'd be sending a completely unproven QB in TVD into a Hornets Nest...because i'm not so sure Kosi doesn't leave after this yr into the Portal...Can you imagine having only TVD (With no meaningful snaps) and Matocha as our QBs??....
If King leaves we'll get another QB out the Portal.

The staff is trying hard to get King to come back, but in the event he leaves they'll get a Portal transfer.

I'm about 190% sure TVD will not start the opener against Bama (if we even still play that game).

Lol y’all still surprised kids leave after 3 years? How many dudes have we had leave early and not even get drafted? Kids honestly don’t care about winning in college like that anymore... A couple Miami guys are gonna leave early so prepare now..

Advertisement

The staff is trying hard to get King to come back, but in the event he leaves they'll get a Portal transfer.

I'm about 190% sure TVD will not start the opener against Bama (if we even still play that game).

TVD just aint ready? or TVD just aint it?

We ain't playing Baga 1st game next year. We are playing F$U twice.

SEC allowed no ooc games this year. Hopefully this mess goes away but that could possibly be in effect next season. My guess is covid no longer an issue but it is a crazy world

Advertisement
Back