King on the fence about coming back

Advertisement
It all depends on what's best for him.family finances, injuries,stress from the family and all those things come in to play. God will leed him the way.

So do you expect him to get a job some place other than the NFL? He’s not close to an NFL caliber QB. Training camp numbers guy- sure- not a 53 man roster player though.

round 5 he's gone.

If he goes round 5 then he's going to be taken as a gadget player, not as a legit QB contender. I think the guaranteed salary of a 5th rounder is somewhere around 300k/yr before taxes. That won't go far and I don't see teams giving him a lot of leeway. Fifth rounders get cut to make room for early picks; and those early picks are allowed to stick around longer even if they aren't performing because of the sunk cost. If he gets a Heisman invitation next year (not that farfetched), he'll likely put himself in position to be at least a 3rd round pick. If he actually wins the Heisman (if he returns, I think he'd have the 3rd or 4th best odds for the Heisman) he could be a first round pick. It would be a terrible financial decision to leave. This isn't like some LB, RB, or DT leaving early like we've seen in the past- in those cases, they normally have similar size/weight of others at the position (they just happen to not be very good). King would be one of the smallest QBs (if not THE smallest) in the NFL and there are too many questions about his ability. He's just not going to be given much of a chance if he leaves early to be a late round pick.

Advertisement
I posted this an hour or two ago. He’s leaning towards returning.
3F7D9328-625E-4DA6-9167-522A80C7BB06.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Been saying it forever...he’d be crazy to go with all the QBs coming out this year.That and the fact he’s not an NFL QB...jmo

Advertisement
Hope he stays but think he gone.
$ trumps fun.
I see a good slot receiver at next level. He’s an athlete so assume he can catch.

Unless king gets a great draft grade he’s not gonna leave which is huge for us.

Advertisement
Tells me if his NFL grade high enough he is gone. Hopefully he makes the right decision.
Then he will come back. He’s a good player, but he will not be graded anywhere near the first or second round. People want to compare him to Kyler Murray, but it’s not a great comparison for anything other than height.

King should absolutely come back and dominate college football next year, and then he'll have a shot of being looked at as a short QB who can play. Right now, there are still more question marks than answers on him.
Absolutely. We practically return our entire team next year. Never mind the infusion of young talent. We would instantly be favored to win every game on our schedule outside of Bama and Clemson in the ACC ship.

King is 23 years old I believe. In his mind, he may be feeling internal pressure to leave. But if he wants to play QB in the NFL he needs to come back and put up more film. With that said he'd be a 3rd string QB at best (similar to Trace McSorley).

But if he is willing to change position to WR or scatback then he needs to go pro after this season.

I wonder if King has entertained the idea of playing QB in the Canadian football league. That league fits his playstyle.

Advertisement
I’m intrigued to see what blades does, the plan was always three and done. With no other options possible, after this year he needs to think twice. Between a couple portal kids and guys returning then mix in king we could have a special situation unfolding.

What worries me most is that we open with Bama next yr....Great if King comes back...but God forbid he doesn't, we'd be sending a completely unproven QB in TVD into a Hornets Nest...because i'm not so sure Kosi doesn't leave after this yr into the Portal...Can you imagine having only TVD (With no meaningful snaps) and Matocha as our QBs??....

I’m intrigued to see what blades does, the plan was always three and done. With no other options possible, after this year he needs to think twice. Between a couple portal kids and guys returning then mix in king we could have a special situation unfolding.
Blades is not a world beater but we need him. He provides critical, experienced depth at a position that is ridiculously thin. I’m hoping you’re right about some portal moves.

3 and gone to where? He might not even get drafted if he left this year. Amazing how many kids are dead set in being the infamous 3 and gone to just be out the league without a job within a year and no degree

Advertisement
Back