Khris Bogle note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Which was carried largely by recruiting wins on the offensive side of the ball.

We also had the class pretty much locked up before the season started and the wins came. Unless you’re trying to pretend like winning 9 games was “winning.”
The class closed poorly, even with the 10 win season and the excitement behind it, because that’s when e a lot of the defensive “battles” were decided. And we get bent over for most of them.
This is correct.

Richt did not do a good job with his first transition class, and did not get a honeymoon class in his first full cycle. The excuse around here was he didn't have time to recruit those guys, things are different these days, it takes years of recruiting kids, etc. (Color me skeptical - plenty of coaches still get honeymoon classes. I expect Diaz will, btw.) Finally Richt got some early good commits for ‘18 and got most of a really good class put together, save DL and LB. but then we know where we were in ‘19 when he quit. The truth is Richt got 1 legit good class out of 4 cycles. That ain’t good enough.

Second, the ‘Richt was a great recruiter’ argument seems clearly wrong in hindsight. More like UGA as an institution recruits well and Richt is okay at doing his part. When it came to urgency, energy, proactivity and managing his staff, he was not a good recruiter at UM.

IMO Manny is already ahead of where Richt was, because he saw the needs in a transition class and instead of shrugging and saying ‘wait ‘til next year’ like Richt did that first year, Manny went out and hammered the transfer market. (Remember, the early signing date didn’t even exist in Richt’s first year so there were more options back then then there are now for new coaches.)

I fully expect Manny to do well enough at recruiting. Not because I think he’s a great salesman, but because I think he understands the need for talent and will focus on how to get it. He may need to make further staff changes down the road. But I don’t think he’ll sit meekly by while kids go elsewhere. Manny will fill the roster, and scour around for talent.

Dycane is right that when that generates excitement, it will more easily translate into recruiting wins.

Advertisement
It’s over, move on.

He’s willing to sit a full year to go to Alabama.

Nothing you can do about that

miami-hurricanes-hat-swag-stacy-coley-national-signing-day-u-hands-allcanes.jpg

Advertisement
This is correct.

Richt did not do a good job with his first transition class, and did not get a honeymoon class in his first full cycle. The excuse around here was he didn't have time to recruit those guys, things are different these days, it takes years of recruiting kids, etc. (Color me skeptical - plenty of coaches still get honeymoon classes. I expect Diaz will, btw.) Finally Richt got some early good commits for ‘18 and got most of a really good class put together, save DL and LB. but then we know where we were in ‘19 when he quit. The truth is Richt got 1 legit good class out of 4 cycles. That ain’t good enough.

Second, the ‘Richt was a great recruiter’ argument seems clearly wrong in hindsight. More like UGA as an institution recruits well and Richt is okay at doing his part. When it came to urgency, energy, proactivity and managing his staff, he was not a good recruiter at UM.

IMO Manny is already ahead of where Richt was, because he saw the needs in a transition class and instead of shrugging and saying ‘wait ‘til next year’ like Richt did that first year, Manny went out and hammered the transfer market. (Remember, the early signing date didn’t even exist in Richt’s first year so there were more options back then then there are now for new coaches.)

I fully expect Manny to do well enough at recruiting. Not because I think he’s a great salesman, but because I think he understands the need for talent and will focus on how to get it. He may need to make further staff changes down the road. But I don’t think he’ll sit meekly by while kids go elsewhere. Manny will fill the roster, and scour around for talent.

Dycane is right that when that generates excitement, it will more easily translate into recruiting wins.

Yep. Completely agree

Advertisement
Same face as his announcement on tv.

I wonder if his mom understands that all the “development” he’ll be getting at Bama won’t do him much good riding the bench for a couple of years

Last edited:
Reactions: ben
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back