Kevin Coleman Senior HL

Quicker than him, and not as physical but overall best comparison I’ve seen on here.
Nah, bad comparison. They play nothing alike. Jarvis doesn't catch deep passes - everything he catches is short or intermediate. Jarvis is extremely physical but can't burn by people.

All Coleman did was catch bombs and out run people to the end zone. 247 comps him to Emmanuel Sanders which I think is pretty **** good.

Advertisement
The more I watch this kid, the more impressed I am.

The competition looks weak, but he is doubled on almost every play. He fearlessly tracks the ball and routinely beats the doubles. He also runs several different routes (lots of HS kids reels are full of go routes).

He snatches EVERYTHING with his hands - even balls he could catch with his body. To me, this makes him a high floor player with a very low chance to bust.

He lacks top end speed, but he is so shifty and he sees the whole field. Some of the punt returns are super impressive.

I compared him to (a poor man’s) Marvin Harrison in another thread, but I think the best comp is Stefon Diggs. The size, hands, and speed are all so similar.

Nah, bad comparison. They play nothing alike. Jarvis doesn't catch deep passes - everything he catches is short or intermediate. Jarvis is extremely physical but can't burn by people.

All Coleman did was catch bombs and out run people to the end zone. 247 comps him to Emmanuel Sanders which I think is pretty **** good.
It’s high school dude I’m sure in Hs Jarvis caught deep balls lol

@Gru posted it in the longer Coleman thread, but I figured it deserved its own spot.

This guy's production is absolutely insane. Quickness, instincts and athletic arrogance. What I love most are his hands- not only are they strong for his size, but his tracking ability and aggression with the ball in the air reminds me a little of Santana Moss (not as fast):

Holy **** hes fast, I wasnt even big on this kid but that Tape I saw alot of speed right there. I saw the first play and Im like wtf? Im talking to myself like a dummy yo this dude is explosive af.

Advertisement
Not quite getting all the "I don't see the elite speed" takes. Maybe not Olympic track speed but he has plenty of wheels. Probably sub 4.5.
Because he isn’t from SFLA, therefore he doesn’t play elite comp so when he doesn’t destroy the local comp it’s because he is slow. Reality is that Coleman is plenty fast to break a big play at any point in time at the P5 level. This would be a big get for us. SFLA has the best talent, but people act that these other areas are playing peewee level ball when reality is that there is a ton of high quality HS ball being played all over the country.

His speed took a step forward as a senior. Love his tape. All eyes on him next week at the all American bowl practices and game.

Advertisement
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention, which is such an underrated quality is:

He controls and changes his speed so well. It gives him multiple gears to play with and create separation when needed.

Many speedsters play at full speed all the time and struggle to separate. Bc when everyone is fast, that trick dont work. If you control and change speeds when needed, separation will always be there.

Advertisement
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention, which is such an underrated quality is:

He controls and changes his speed so well. It gives him multiple gears to play with and create separation when needed.

Many speedsters play at full speed all the time and struggle to separate. Bc when everyone is fast, that trick dont work. If you control and change speeds when needed, separation will always be there.
Just like every sports. U can't go 100mph every play cause teams adapt to it. Changing speeds is important.

Advertisement
He kinda reminds me of Dorsett. Don’t think he has that kind of speed but I think he will play that role.

I would feel comfortable saying it’s the hands over the speed any day of the week.
nah Odel moves different Dorsett get stuck in his cuts and loses alot of burst where Odell still at top end. Same like Hester bruh mad NFL people were faster than Devin but he cuts and burst second to none. Never loses speed

Advertisement
Back