Kevin Coleman Senior HL

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
@Gru posted it in the longer Coleman thread, but I figured it deserved its own spot.

This guy's production is absolutely insane. Quickness, instincts and athletic arrogance. What I love most are his hands- not only are they strong for his size, but his tracking ability and aggression with the ball in the air reminds me a little of Santana Moss (not as fast):

Advertisement
He plays with a lb’s mind set. Very physical and plays a lot bigger than his size. He attacks the ball like a big body wr. He tracks the ball like a center fielder.

He’s also very quick on top of having good speed. His quickness is what separates him. Imo he can play both outside and the slot but him in the middle of the field is problems.

@Gru posted it in the longer Coleman thread, but I figured it deserved its own spot.

This guy's production is absolutely insane. Quickness, instincts and athletic arrogance. What I love most are his hands- not only are they strong for his size, but his tracking ability and aggression with the ball in the air reminds me a little of Santana Moss (not as fast):

How does he compare to Travis Hunter in your opinion?

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** what a highlight! No idea about the competition he played but he absolutely dominated. Deep ball after deep ball for TDs even though he was double covered most of the time. Screens, Wildcat, RB carries, PR, KR, tons of YAC... you can tell this dude just loves football. Looks like a 5 star to me.

Also, S/O to his QB - dude was just letting it rip deep on a ton of these.

I know we throw around comparisons too often but this kid has a lot of Santana Moss to his game. Really great at adjusting to off target or underthrown balls. Jumps and fights for contested balls like a much bigger receiver. He’s got some nice stop and go ability when working through traffic. He’s certainly an exciting guy to watch.

Advertisement
Dude possesses great contact balance, which is something that I always stress with young players. They good ones look really fluid and stable when running and this kid is one of these. Will be excited to see him perform in Orange.

Advertisement
The safety play in some of those clips was atrocious.

A couple of things that I would like to see are: 1) how he gets off the line against press coverage. I get why no one pressed him in HS but he will face that at the next level. 2) the crispness of his route running. Let's face it, this kid is a man amongst toddlers in these clips. If he can combine elite route running with that speed and explosiveness, watch out! I'm not saying that he lacks any those attributes, I just didn't see them in the clips.

Advertisement
Back