Kendall Briles May get a look

Advertisement
View attachment 166303

would be homerun hire. similar system to Lebby. the Briles tree.

It’s not as close to Lashlee as some would think.

It’s a man blocking option system with a quicker option and rpo game. One of the reasons King struggled with rpo and option reads is he was trained to make decisions a lot faster in the Briles offense. That’s why it appeared he was guessing so often here. Our zone blocked plays take longer to develop.

The rpo game uses more outside reads than slot slants and there was much, much less bubble screen.

The downfield passing is run and shoot, not air raid. Run and shoot makes on the fly route adjustments IN PLAY based on coverage. It takes a bit of time to learn, but is DEADLY when the offense gets on the same page. If we hire Briles, there would be growing pains early on.

I like Briles’ offense more, but we should probably look at an air raid guy for continuity.

Advertisement
Arroyo was co-OC with Mario under Taggart, he only kept him after he got the full-time job.

(and won the Pac 12 + Rose Bowl that season)
He was Mario’s boy & was there for 3 seasons.

His 2nd season at Oregon they went 9-4 with losses vs Stanford, WAZZU, Arizona & Utah & that was Kevin Sumlin’s Arizona, a team that finished that year 5-7, Oregon got blown out & only scored 15 points that game.

That one Rose Bowl year was an anomaly, Arroyo parlayed that into an UNLV job, but he’s a ****** play caller.

Go back & watch his season as OC at Southern Miss under Todd Monken, they were absolutely horrendous. But they got significantly better after he left.

Advertisement
Ok. He inherited arroyo though
He kept him & they’re good friends.

He coulda moved on from Arroyo after 2018, but didn’t, in fact the only reason he moved on from Arroyo is because he finessed Justin Herbert’s Senior season into a HC job at UNLV, otherwise he woulda still been at Oregon.

He was Mario’s boy & was there for 3 seasons.

His 2nd season at Oregon they went 9-4 with losses vs Stanford, WAZZU, Arizona & Utah & that was Kevin Sumlin’s Arizona, a team that finished that year 5-7, Oregon got blown out & only scored 15 points that game.

That one Rose Bowl year was an anomaly, Arroyo parlayed that into an UNLV job, but he’s a ****** play caller.

Go back & watch his season as OC at Southern Miss under Todd Monken, they were absolutely horrendous. But they got significantly better after he left.
Yeah, I think that too.
I was just saying that Mario didn’t directly hire him.

The best OC he ever hired was Satterfield, who’s a power zone run guy...
We’ve seen what Satterfield’s offense looks like.

But otherwise, his OC’s just simply haven’t been that good. Not trying to be overly negative on Mario, so I apologize if I offend anyone in saying that, but that’s just the truth. His offenses have been great running offenses & left a lot to be desired in explosive plays even when he had an elite NFL caliber QB.

Hopefully, he gets it right with Joe Brady this time around.

Again I apologize if that upsets anyone.

The best OC he ever hired was Satterfield, who’s a power zone run guy...
We’ve seen what Satterfield’s offense looks like.

But otherwise, his OC’s just simply haven’t been that good. Not trying to be overly negative on Mario, so I apologize if I offend anyone in saying that, but that’s just the truth. His offenses have been great running offenses & left a lot to be desired in explosive plays even when he had an elite NFL caliber QB.

Hopefully, he gets it right with Joe Brady this time around.

Again I apologize if that upsets anyone.

Hate to ask this if you've already given your thoughts, but would love your impression of Brady if the rumor is true.

Advertisement
**** I’m just now seeing this...

No fckin way is there mutual interest, I simply don’t believe it.

Kendal is the exact opposite OC that Mario has ever hired in his career, too good to be true, I’m not falling for it.

(We would destroy the coastal with Briles..)

:sideeyes:

Hope this happens, and if we have the success we think we will, then I couldn’t see Mario going back to a different style of offense.

I would be surprised. I think he'll go to Ole Miss

everyone knows lebby is going to oklahoma and briles was Kiffin's AHC/OC and QB coach at FAU so that would be an "easy" hire for kiffin

Miami or (brown lake water) Oxford?...hmmmmm; TVD/Garcia/Brown or ??????....hmmmm; If I had to guess?????? Maybe not so easy for Lane.

Advertisement
Miami or (brown lake water) Oxford?...hmmmmm; TVD/Garcia/Brown or ??????....hmmmm; If I had to guess?????? Maybe not so easy for Lane.

Kendal is a big fisherman. My buddy used to take him and his family out all the time when he lived in Tallahassee. I'm not sure, but I've heard that lifestyle is a little better in Miami than Fayetteville.

admittedly, that was before I knew the extent of the mutual interest. I take away my "surprised if he comes" statement

however being AHC to kiffin still is relevant and I wouldn't be surprised if went Ole Miss as it would still be an easy adjustment for him.

luckily it seems things are trending up for us so that's great

Advertisement
Back