Kendall Briles May get a look

Advertisement
You guys are severely underrating briles while also severely overrating Brady. I had no idea you could do either the way you guys are but Cis is impressive

I just can't believe how underwhelming he was at FSU. That's my hesitation. I remember many on this board were legit afraid of what he'd do there, and............he kinda failed.

You guys are severely underrating briles while also severely overrating Brady. I had no idea you could do either the way you guys are but Cis is impressive
Brady is splashier tho. More cowbell. Spend more time on the boards and it will make sense. “It’s a CIS thing; you wouldn’t understand.”

I just can't believe how underwhelming he was at FSU. That's my hesitation. I remember many on this board were legit afraid of what he'd do there, and............he kinda failed.
lets go ahead and dead this "he was trash at FSU" narrative before it even gets off the ground.

Screenshot_20211207-091016.png

Advertisement
How would you compare Lashlee vs Briles? Is one better than the other?
I would legit have to sit and watch the tape (I’m willing to do so) but I think everyone was right to be African did briles when he hit went to fsu. We had no idea fsu would start to implode the way they did though and it wasn’t at all his fault. They had a offensive line and wr situation even worse than ours. And in hindsight Joe Brady did help burrow out a lot.. but given what those wr’s look like they’ll turn into in the nfl I have to raise my eyebrow. Two look like they could be future hall of famers and the other has potential to be a top 10 wr so ehhh I think they’re a wash

Advertisement
Brady is splashier tho. More cowbell. Spend more time on the boards and it will make sense. “It’s a CIS thing; you wouldn’t understand.”
I don’t like it. Just cause we have money now I hope we don’t caught in name brand talks with coaches who only win cause of talent advantages. Plenty of effective guys who don’t get their praise

I don’t like it. Just cause we have money now I hope we don’t caught in name brand talks with coaches who only win cause of talent advantages. Plenty of effective guys who don’t get their praise
I agree. Hope my sarcasm was evident. I still like Jeff Grimes because Kittley is off the table, but this is the type of OC I want.

If the report is true that Miami has interest, it's telling that Mario is considering an uptempo/spread guy.

TVD (along with our new found gold) makes this one of the top OC jobs in the country. I'd expect a lot of names to be mentioned in the next few days. Mario will have options and options are good.

Advertisement
lets go ahead and dead this "he was trash at FSU" narrative before even it gets off the ground.

View attachment 166317

Man, I hate that I have to do this, but I guess I do because so many of the people on this board are literally incapable of thinking. They just see FSU and they say he sucked.

FSU was 107th in the country in YPP in 2018.
They were 112th in scoring offense
They were 128th in yards per carry
They were 127th in rushing yards per game
They were 94th in passer rating

Briles gets there in 2019, they hand him the same offensive line, James Blackman and Alex Hornibrook.

They go to 70th in YPP
74th in scoring offense
105th in yards per carry
93rd in rushing yards per game
39th in passer rating

Should the guy win the Nobel Prize for this? Of course not. But in 1 year with a team of complete and utter losers (minus Cam Akers), playing under Willie Taggart (who, remember, had a ton of input on the offense and was the main reason there was a lot of dissention on the staff), he improved the offense in essentially every single aspect. Again, other than Akers, they had NOBODY on that team, starting first with the literal worst offensive line in the entire country. Scary Terry, DJ Matthews, Treshawn Harrison, Tre McKitty, Keyshawn Helton, Ontaria Wilson, Khalan Laborn, Keith Gavin.....the list of total bums is endless. Again, besides Akers, I will venture to say not a single snap will be taken in the NFL by any other kid on the entire offense.

Briles can coach offense, period. Is he the best candidate we can possibly land? I won't say that. But Jesus, when we're just throwing names against the wall, if you blow him off without a second thought you're simply clueless. There's a reason this dude continues to get big time jobs even with those ghosts in his past.

One more thing...let's check on Arkansas.

2017 -- 70th in YPP
2018 -- 117th
2019 -- 96th
2020 -- 53rd
2021 -- 27th

Anyone wanna guess when Briles was hired?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Of the two I think Briles would be able to do more with less.

Brady had a plethora of first round picks to play with at LSU - he won't have that at Miami, at least not initially.
I would be fine with either tbh paired with Mario is nice

**** I’m just now seeing this...

No fckin way is there mutual interest, I simply don’t believe it.

Kendal is the exact opposite OC that Mario has ever hired in his career, too good to be true, I’m not falling for it.

(We would destroy the coastal with Briles..)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back