Kendall Briles May get a look

Bill Legg was his first OC at FIU, then Satterfield, then Tim Cramsey.

Then at Oregon Marcus Arroyo, who’s a fckin bum & Moorehead.

Did you watch the Chargers-Giants game yesterday?

There was a throw Justin Herbert made...on the run, chucked the fvckin ball 65 yards IN THE AIR on a rope...a ******* DIME into the hands of Jalen Guyton for a touchdown at the end of the half.

How in the FVCK does an offensive coordinator choose to throw bubble screens and everything under 5 yards with that monster arm under center?

Arroyo should be exiled for that.

Advertisement
Did you watch the Chargers-Giants game yesterday?

There was a throw Justin Herbert made...on the run, chucked the fvckin ball 65 yards IN THE AIR on a rope...a ******* DIME into the hands of Jalen Guyton for a touchdown at the end of the half.

How in the FVCK does an offensive coordinator choose to throw bubble screens and everything under 5 yards with that monster arm under center?

Arroyo should be exiled for that.
True, but bigger question is, how does Mario sit there and allow it??

True, but bigger question is, how does Mario sit there and allow it??

A question that Mario will have to answer HERE, unfortunately.

He seems to be a guy that lets his OC do their thing...so we'll see what he does here. Its not like he doesn't have a guy to make whatever he wants to happen, happen. TVD, Jake Garcia, this Jacurri Brown recruit...he's got options to make whatever offense he wants to run work.

**** I’m just now seeing this...

No fckin way is there mutual interest, I simply don’t believe it.

Kendal is the exact opposite OC that Mario has ever hired in his career, too good to be true, I’m not falling for it.

(We would destroy the coastal with Briles..)
christoph waltz television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Maybe I'm off base here, but I feel like briles would be here 3 years minimum. I think the program could really use stability right now and I just don't think he's THAT close to HC at the moment despite his success.

Advertisement
You’re telling me. I saw this thread and almost **** myself. I’ve been in love with this dude (pause) for YEARS, there is no way in the world that whoever controls this **** will let me have Mario, Scrooge McDuck’s valut AND Kendal Briles. I’m not allowed to have anything that nice.
LOL

one thing to consider, that arkansas qb didn't exactly impress me as a top level passer this past year
kb will have much better to work with here in that respect
The combo of having an open passing game while still focusing on a dominant run game is what made me push Briles to the top of my list.

I think as of today, Briles will get it. He has a proven CFB record, he WAS cleared of all charges at Baylor, AND he loves to pound the rock just like Mario. We don't have any JAGS in our RB room. All 4 are studs. Let's add Brigsby or some other portal back and have a balanced O.

As I've said numerous times on CIS, the Pirate would've been better than all 5 coaches preceding Mario, but the one thing that always gave me pause is his lack of a run game. I want us to run the ball and with all of the talent in SFL, there's no reason to not have a wide open, but balanced attack. I think Briles gives us that.

Advertisement
The more I look into this the more excited I get. It's no secret that Briles has been my number 1, as I've been getting a lot of heat saying I wanted him over brady but this dude has just shown without a shadow of doubt that he can turn around an offense in no time at several different schools with varying levels of talent and against varying levels of competition.

He would inherit the most talent he's ever had and potentially the best QB he's ever had, in a down year in the ACC with nearly the whole coastal changing staffs, howell and pickett leaving, and clemson imploding. I think with Briles running the offense, it gives us the highest chance of winning the ACC this year

Rhett's offense is amazing, but I feel the only thing lacking was creativity in short yardage and a more open playbook for run plays rather than being so predictable all the time. Briles would solve that problem and take us to a new level

admittedly, that was before I knew the extent of the mutual interest. I take away my "surprised if he comes" statement

however being AHC to kiffin still is relevant and I wouldn't be surprised if went Ole Miss as it would still be an easy adjustment for him.

luckily it seems things are trending up for us so that's great

If he comes to Miami he can put his own stamp on the offense here along with all that talent he will have to work with. At Miss. the offense is still Lane's baby. So I think that gives us some more advantages than just location. We'll see but I guess the interest is legit on both sides.

He threw that U down upside down though before we beat the brakes off of him in '19

Just saying

Advertisement
Can anyone who's really dug into his offense explain this aspect:

2015 Baylor - 8th
2016 Baylor -44th
2017 FAU - 57th
2018 Houston - 21st
2019 FSU - 102nd
2020 Arkansas - 103rd
2021 Arkansas - 76th

These are his teams' 3rd down conversion %s. It doesn't appear to be a strength, but then he has a couple high level years.

I wouldn’t hate it but definitely not the best candidate out there.

30th total offense
25th yards per play
44th scoring offense
13th rushing offense
73rd passing offense

KJ Jefferson has nothing on TVD when to comes it passing but is definitely more dual threat than TVD. Briles was able to make Feleipe Franks look like a serviceable QB in 2020.
pretty good considering overall talent level at Arkansas

Can anyone who's really dug into his offense explain this aspect:

2015 Baylor - 8th
2016 Baylor -44th
2017 FAU - 57th
2018 Houston - 21st
2019 FSU - 102nd
2020 Arkansas - 103rd
2021 Arkansas - 76th

These are his teams' 3rd down conversion %s. It doesn't appear to be a strength, but then he has a couple high level years.
The years overlay pretty close to the good years of rushing are good years of 3rd down %. Because you get better at 3rd downs by having better 1st and 2nd downs.

Advertisement
Back