Kelvin Joseph LSU transfer portal

Yeah! Why did we ever give Martell a shot!

You don't even know why he's transferring

Nice try re: Martell, but it's common knowledge now that he was pushed out of OSU plus our CB situation is nothing like our QB situation was but good attempt.

The bolded part is true, and it's why I asked already in this thread. Some have said that it's because he got passed up by LSU's stud freshman. If that is true, then that strengthens my point. Is it though? We probably will never know since I doubt the kid is going to come out and say "I left for X reason". I'll stick to my stance though. I would rather us recruit and develop our own guys, especially CB's as Rumph has shown zero issues getting his guys ready there. Eventually it becomes a perception thing IMO, you can't have an open door policy to every kid who transfers. The portal thing was fun this year because we had huge holes at obvious spots and needed quality bodies there but we literally are returning all of our CB's next season, why not just stick with that? Once again, JMO.

Advertisement
Rather take my chances on the kids we are recruiting than a guy who got passed up and is giving up at his school after 1 season. What kind of mentality is that? Sooner or later we are going to stop with this "LETS TAKE HIM" approach to every guy that enters the portal and just recruit and develop our own guys, no? JMO
this kid is only 1 year into his college career. Theres plenty of time to develop him and we probably wont land someone as good this class

Only on CIS is a Top 50 HS player in the 2018 class no good enough to play here
Has nothing to do with hs ranking. You dont build your team through transfers. We got corners on the roster that need developing. It's time to start developing what's here. They brought in enough transfers.

this kid is only 1 year into his college career. Theres plenty of time to develop him and we probably wont land someone as good this class

As good as what? That is what I'm getting at though. Yes, he was an elite blue chip coming out, why is he leaving? Some say because he got passed up by another blue chip. Well, what about the other CB spot? Last time I checked there are 2 CB's on the field? Or is a stud over on the other side too that he is running from? Help me understand, lol.

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with hs ranking. You dont build your team through transfers. We got corners on the roster that need developing. It's time to start developing what's here. They brought in enough transfers.

Says who? the portal has completely changed the game, coaching changes, "homesickness" etc. all contribute to this trend now. Obviously Clemson/Bama have won without transfers but it is a relatively new tactic. While I agree you don't build a team of 1 and done grad transfers and you need to have some team cohesion going on, but a kid that transfers and is forced to sit (or basically takes a redshirt year) and has multiple years of eligibility? How is that any different than recruiting HS kids and developing them?

Really hope we go after this dude. Sell him on playing time and what Rumph did with MJ, Malek Young when he was healthy, Colbert and Elder for a year, and Bandy. Hopefully guys like Ivey and Blades could be in that conversation too after this season.

Advertisement
As good as what? That is what I'm getting at though. Yes, he was an elite blue chip coming out, why is he leaving? Some say because he got passed up by another blue chip. Well, what about the other CB spot? Last time I checked there are 2 CB's on the field? Or is a stud over on the other side too that he is running from? Help me understand, lol.
Its LSU. They have 5 stars on both sides. Stingley which is the best corner from last class and Kristian Fulton who was the number 3 corner and also a 5 star coming out. We dont have corners at that level

He isnt a freshmen. This portal shît has drove yall crazy. We will see if diaz goes after him.
He is a freshman. This will be his second year. If he red shirts he comes in next season as a redhsirt sophomore which means he can still play up to 3 years on top of the developmental year. Plenty of time for development.

bama logic would be.. is this guy better than our bottom 5 scholly players?? if so, you dump the worst scholly kid and take this one.. you place the most amount of talent on your team period, and you don't care about feelings.. Because once your winning, no one cares about calling bama/saban the "mean guy"..... SEC has been over signing and "********" kids for years, has anything happened to them about it??? other than winning...

bama logic would be.. is this guy better than our bottom 5 scholly players?? if so, you dump the worst scholly kid and take this one.. you place the most amount of talent on your team period, and you don't care about feelings.. Because once your winning, no one cares about calling bama/saban the "mean guy"..... SEC has been over signing and "********" kids for years, has anything happened to them about it??? other than winning...
This guy would be at worse a top 15-20 player on our team probably

Advertisement
Its LSU. They have 5 stars on both sides. Stingley which is the best corner from last class and Kristian Fulton who was the number 3 corner and also a 5 star coming out. We dont have corners at that level

Ok
No point in wasting my breath. We'll see if we actually dive into this. According to LSU site, the kid wants to play Safety anyway so this is all moot. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Carry on.

Advertisement
I am sure the coaches are looking into the reasons why the kid is leaving LSU. This is a really strange turn of events you must admit. If the kid is a locker room cancer you do not want him in here. If the kid is scared off by comp you do not want him in here. Where is the kid from originally? seems like this is a weird time to finally transfer.

If we start taking too many transfers from now on this could be used against us in recruiting. Auburn and UF and Penn State could start telling kids we will not give them a fair shake because of it.

Advertisement
Back