Kelvin Joseph LSU transfer portal

Advertisement
Sooooo from the LSU site.

Kelvin Joseph was with NBA Youngboi last week in Miami during Rolling Loud when Youngboi was **** at etc... Police investigation due to a bystander being killed in the crossfires. Kelvin wants to be a rapper and is supposedly close with Youngboi. Seems like he snapped at the staff for questioning him about the situation.

I’m not sure if staff would want to take him on but if they do they better make sure he’s got his head on straight.
Take him. Sell him on the Chad Thomas model.

Hanging with a rapper that has fools trying to split his shît is a problem. Somebody who had nothing to do with the shît just got killed.
Look around, plenty of rappers were shot at within the last week including several who attended rolling loud

Advertisement
We didn’t build our team with transfers. We supplemented it just like JUCO.
Unfortunately we have to dip into the portal due to coaching changes, horrible recruiting class, a sht seasonand bowl performance as well as the bag hungry sofla divas.
It’s also a lack luster year for db’s down here.
Yes, you would want to bring in elite kids and develop them as well as a few diamonds in the thought now and then. But the clock is ticking and in 21 we have some monsters on the schedule. Get the best talent you can now and this kid is as talented as you can get.
However nobody really knows why this kid is leaving. They have a great recruiting class and had a good season. So if a school like LSU is letting him go die to disciplinary issues that is a huge red flag.
If it’s grades he definitely isn’t coming here.

But if it’s a legit he’s not happy kind of deal then no way you don't let this kid on.

Exactly.

1. If you're failing out of LSU? The only way you make it onto campus at UM is as an Uber driver, and maybe not even then.

2. And what would you have to do to be considered a "disciplinary issue" at LSU? Burn down the stadium?

Kid has major talent, but if 1 and 2 are the reasons for his entering the portal, then HARD PASS

Last edited:
No one was trying to kill him guy :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: he was just hanging out with someone who was shot at

question for you. well question for the board, really ….

putting aside anyone who is in the military or on the police force, (and i'm not talking about someone who grew up in the hood and had to duck and cover for their own lives), .....

how many times in your life have you knowingly and of your own free will, put yourself in a situation where you thought: "hey, fiddy/fiddy, I may get shot sitting here."

if you've had to answer, "more than zero", then you seriously need to be some place where decent folk don't have to see you.

(just saying)

Advertisement
On the surface, he’s obviously a take. He’s talented and physical. But you must figure out why he left LSU.

Did he leave for grades? Then he’ll have an even harder time at Miami.

Is he butthurt about not starting? Then that mentality is a character red flag.

Did he get into trouble? Then he may not be worth the time.

I trust Manny and the staff to do their due diligence. If there’s no red flags, go after him with everything you got. But let’s not act like his transfer shouldn’t raise some eyebrows and just blindly take him.

Exactly.

1. If you're failing out of LSU, the only way you make it onto campus at UM is as an Uber driver, and maybe not even then.

2. And what would you have to do to be considered a "disciplinary issue" at LSU? Burn down the stadium?

Kid has major talent, but if 1 and 2 are the reason for his entering the portal, then HARD PASS

It seems like his association to the Baton Rouge streets is forcing him to seek a new school. Its part of the reason why LSU has had such a hard time getting the elite Baton Rouge kids.

Advertisement
This aint about rappers. Its about potentially bringing this dude in that sounds like he got a lot of shît going on.

So which is it? You don't like our use of the portal or you don't like this kid?

Portal use carefully and sparingly to fill holes left by our departed staff is an excellent way to close the recruiting gaps with the Clemsons and Bamas. I think we can all agree that OT, CB and LB are our thinnest positions, so it's not like there isn't a need for a talented corner.

The kid? If he's not a fvck up, then why not take him? A highly ranked kid one year out of high school? We've got Bandy, Ivey, Blades and Bethel returning. That's it unless I'm forgetting someone. Any one of those guys goes down and we're depending on Freshmen...

Don't understand in this situation why we wouldn't at a minimum kick the tires.

Exactly.

1. If you're failing out of LSU? The only way you make it onto campus at UM is as an Uber driver, and maybe not even then.

Kid has major talent, but if 1 and 2 are the reasons for his entering the portal, then HARD PASS

Because being a football player at Miami is harder academically than being a football player at LSU, or any other school LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Because being a football player at Miami is harder academically than being a football player at LSU, or any other school LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Idk it’s the difficulty. Schools like LSU are likely to let sht slide. If a school that bends over backwards for grades can’t keep him in check then lees likely we will.

Advertisement
NEED O LINEMAN IN PORTAL....... wins as well as loses start up front. we look very good on D line 2-3 deep across the board
O.Line look out............

Who is this talent we are recruiting on his level in the 2020 class that we have a realistic chance at getting outside of Lawrence/Francois and avantae Williams?the “portal” is a new item in football and you got to adapt
Exactly, we need elite talent no matter how we get it. I would even argue it's an advantage (with the right players) since they've already been in a college S&C program and coached. Also familiarity with college demands, schedules, practices, etc

That doesn't matter. Bring in whoever you are going after and develop them. This portal shît got this fanbase my screwed up. Every transfer that comes up this fanbase wants to go get them. You don't build a team on transfers.

How about lets develop ivey, hall, blades, bolden, williams, couch, smith and etc.
How about providing quality veterans to help develop the young pups. I guess you don't want KJ, Chigozie, Phillips, Hill, Martell, Bolden....

Advertisement
Back