Keith Bryant Decommits

FSU is supposed to lose all their starting defensive line after this season right? He might thought he had a better shot at playing early there eh?

Advertisement
It hurts anyone who states otherwise is simply in denial. With that said I trust the staff has contigency plans in place.

I remember a day when this would devastate a class. Not these days though. Definitely a huge blow dont get me wrong

He mad that we recruiting Hooks and offering other DTs

Exactly...dude thought he would be the only DT recruited, well good one at least.

He could not expect it too much. It is normal for coaches to recruit more one player at his position in case of bad grades, injuries and early departure of other players, so it is nothing wrong with their part.

Hooks and Bradley. Hooks and Bradley

Still gonna need at least 1 freshmen DT this cycle to keep balance.

Not really We got King, Moore,adn reshirted the other guy..

Ehhh. King was getting absolutely worked this season. Moore was a true Fr so I can't speak on him. Briscoe has gotten bad reviews so far but he'll only be a RS Fr and Ivery I don't even remember playing. Did he shirt too?

Point being, non of those guys are difference makers that Bryant projects to be and Bain also. And they'll be counted on once the JuCos are gone in 2 seasons.

King, Moore, Briscoe and Ivery all had great tape as High school players. Basically they all looked pretty much like Bryant but because they didn't dominate as true freshmen they are crap?
C'mon, let's get real.
True freshmen defensive linemen very rarely play much less dominate. In recent years Clowney is the only one I can remember dominating and that's at Defensive End which is a whole different animal than DT.

Bryant MAY be a difference maker down the line and he also could be Jalen Grimble. Yes, his tape looks good but that doesn't mean he was going to come in here as a freshman and absolutely dominate. Again, hardly any DT ever comes into any program and does that.

Maybe he is looking for an easier depth chart to crack and with 8 DT's on our roster, a 4 deep already, this situation might be a challenge for him.
Somebody mentioned that we desperately need DT's. We really don't. What we desperately need is the same thing that every college team in America needs and that's Warren Sapp as a Senior: an absolute beast DT. We need a Cortez Kennedy to emerge and the chances as just as good that that future stud is already on our roster as it is that Bryant is that guy.
I say to **** with this prima donna who would have to work his *** off literally to transform 50 pounds of bad weight into solid muscle to compete at the college level. Being a stud DT in college is not about the star rating of the prospect and all about the heart.

Advertisement
Well I was obviously wrong on this one. Just woke up and had a text from 6AM telling me that he de-committed officially

Cane

Nothing to see here. Let the kid have some fun. Wants to play the hat trick game.

/LULZ

Advertisement
For those of you that want kids who "want to be here" and use that argument... Our current group of DT's wanted to be here. How'd that work out?

Advertisement
Pete which do you think it is

1. Staff cooled on him
2. He got upset that we were recruiting other DTs (I seem to remember someone in a thread said he tweeted something to the effect of hmm miami is recruiting another DT)
3. He just changed his mind

At least he decommited and didnt pull the northrup and switch on NSD

1. Staff cooled on him
2. He got upset that we were recruiting other DTs (I seem to remember someone in a thread said he tweeted something to the effect of hmm miami is recruiting another DT)

I've seen a pic of Bryant with some phony recruiting guru from this site and Bryant was hardly bigger than the guy.

Then all of a suddenly the staff goes hard after JUCO monsters.

What gives? I think they are going to offer Bryant's friends a scholly.

FSU is self imposing schollies right now. 1 for Collin's friend, 1 for #6's friend, 1 for Bryant's friend, and one for sorry *** Jesus Wilson

Advertisement

1. Staff cooled on him

Probably a mixture of a ton of things.
Kid is gone. I hope I never hear his name again after signing day.

Miami stood before him
They will stand after him.

1. Staff cooled on him

I've seen a pic of Bryant with some phony recruiting guru from this site and Bryant was hardly bigger than the guy.

Then all of a suddenly the staff goes hard after JUCO monsters.

What gives? I think they are going to offer Bryant's friends a scholly.

FSU is self imposing schollies right now. 1 for Collin's friend, 1 for #6's friend, 1 for Bryant's friend, and one for sorry *** Jesus Wilson

I'll be shocked if these kids that are package deal kids make it all 4 years.

They will find a way to get them out the door.

I thought self-imposing was supposed to help recruiting?

Advertisement
Back