Keith Brown

All for getting his brother an offer? His parents should be ashamed

This. Their long term vision isn't there. They're potentially costing themselves millions down the road if he's good enough.

FWIW, that doesn't really make sense. If he's good enough he still going to be drafted high. Corey Liuget didn't cost himself millions by going there, he was #18 overall last year.

Everyone on this board wants this guy to be a Cane but this isn't a bad move for his family if it sticks.

Advertisement
I see no reason why he wouldn't leave the Illini twisting and still come here...or Clempson...once his brother signs.

I see no reason why he wouldn't leave the Illini twisting and still come here...or Clempson...once his brother signs.

Problem is, Keith is supposedly an EE guy so he will be signing 1st. No idea if his brother is enrolling early too.

Advertisement
LOL His parents are fuggin morons for ******** him up that bad.

Zooker is gonna get fired in no time.

Advertisement
If he truly is changing his commitment because his parents want him to go to school with his brother that is just unbelievably selfish on their part.

If the kid really wanted to go there fine. If not this is a dam shame and another reason why everyone isn't cut out to be a dam parent. My mom knew dam well not to interfer with me or any of my brothers. SMFH

Advertisement
This one hurts...he's a really good player from a school we have two other stud players coming from and has been committed since he could commit...this is the kind of kid you just can't lose easily. Also an EE (which we need desperately, especially at linebacker considering two of our top 5 are graduating). This one hurts.

Advertisement
Just a strange committment. I understand sometimes kids need to get away, but this seems more about getting a sibling a scholarship as well.

Are some of you really bagging on a kid that put family first? Really? If he is a baller, he'll make it to the league from Illinois, UM,Arizona,Kansas St or anywhere else. Maybe his little brother needs him around. Maybe they always dreamed of attending college together and enjoying all that a college life entails.

His choice. That fact that kids consult their parents and take advice is becominhg extinct. I guess he would be better if he consulted a message board or Mike Bakas to determine his future.

Plenty of talented kids from S.Fla have gone on to great success out fo state and are reaping the rewards for it.

Good to see him looking out for his brother. Even if it means we lose him. High character kid. We were not willing to offer his bro

Advertisement
Back