Keith Brown

incredible how **** circulates on the internet. That was some random know nothing poster speculating and now you have it stated as a matter of fact in a topic headline. It very well may happen, but at this point it just is not true. I think Keith Brown sticks in the end

Advertisement
In the end I want both kids. Feel like Brown has the size we have been lacking at LB, and Hamilton could grow into a DT down the road.

Northrup is just a tackling machine. I honestly haven't been impressed with how Keith has played this season the few times I've seen him play as opposed to a kid like Legget who's absolutely blown me away at how good he's going to be.

Advertisement
incredible how **** circulates on the internet. That was some random know nothing poster speculating and now you have it stated as a matter of fact in a topic headline. It very well may happen, but at this point it just is not true. I think Keith Brown sticks in the end

This.

Nobody is stating anything as a matter of fact; I was asking a question and for confirmation because I hadnt seen it anywhere.

Miami Norland High School LB Keith Brown took an official visit to Illinois this past weekend with a couple of teammates - his brother, Lamar Atkins, and Teko Powell.

"It was a real good visit," Brown said. "I enjoyed myself."

Brown says it remains a two-horse race though, with the Canes battling Clemson. Brown says he's still a UM soft verbal commitment, and he is in the process of choosing the location for his final official visit - it's between Georgia, LSU and Arkansas. He's not visiting Miami officially because he's already visited numerous times unofficially.

Brown says he plans to either firm up his UM commitment or pick a new school in the first week of December, since he's graduating early.

"If they haven't announced sanctions by then I most likely won't go to Miami," Brown said.

Asked why that is, he said, "It's not me, it's my parents. They don't want me in that situation."

Brown says it would be painful to be split up from his teammates that are also committed to the Canes, but that "we all have cell phones so we can keep in touch."

Brown says he speaks every week with Cane coaches Micheal Barrow and Al Golden.

"I talk to a lot of the coaches when we talk," he said. "Coach Golden - he's a real cool dude. He's there for his players. He stresses to me every week that he doesn't want me to go anywhere, that he needs me on the field.

"Coach Barrow - he's a cool dude. He's like a mentor, helps keep me on the right path."

* Brown caught the second half of the UM-FSU game on TV and says how the Canes performed doesn't affect his recruitment.

"No, that doesn't matter," he said. "You can see that just gives you a better of picture of whether you can come in and play."

Advertisement
I honestly haven't been impressed with how Keith has played this season the few times I've seen him play as opposed to a kid like Legget who's absolutely blown me away at how good he's going to be.

I've heard the same thing from multiple people as well. Physical specimen but doesn't impact games on the high school level... with that said though, I'd still like to see him come here. You don't get too many kids that size with that athleticism too often. If he doesn't work out, then he doesn't work out. No harm in taking a local kid with potential.

What about the possible sanctions is scaring these kids? Is it the potential loss of scholarships and, therefore, increased likely hood of the team no being good? Is is the potential bowl ban? Potential TV blackout? It's not like we would get some G-13 classified sanction that would prevent our players from making the league.

I think its mainly lost of schollies and a bowl ban.

Every year the talk is "so and so is wavering in their commitment" and its followed by "well...bye"...and then we complain for four-five years while they are balling out somewhere and we have scrubs on scholarship.

South Florida should have no recruit left behind...take'em all. If they waver...drug'em, bag'em, and make sure they have a forged letter of intent by their mama or something. Just get these little jabronis on campus.

Advertisement
someone explain to me why the last few nat'l chammions were low on south florida talent?

why is it a must that we need to lock this ***** down down here?

i mean, get the big dogs from down here.

but yeah.

someone explain to me why the last few nat'l chammions were low on south florida talent?

why is it a must that we need to lock this ***** down down here?

i mean, get the big dogs from down here.

but yeah.

You recruit locally...doesn't matter if you are Miami or Bowling Green or Wyoming. You get the bulk of your roster locally. We just so happen to be lucky to be in the most fertile ground for talent in the country, so, why would not want to recruit down here for a majority of your class?

The Fighting Illini could use some good news, and they got some on the recruiting front on Wednesday with three new additions to the class of 2012.

Linebackers Keith Brown and Lamar Atkins from Miami (Fla.)Norland High School visited Illinois for the Michigan game last Saturday, and apparently liked what they saw. The teammates and brothers gave their pledge to Ron Zook and the Fighting Illini.

Brown (6-foot-2, 230 pounds) is a four-star linebacker and big time playmakers who could step in and play right away as a true freshman for the Illini. He was previously committed to Miami (Fla.)

The Illinois also picked up a verbal commitment from in-state offensive Robbie Bain of Bolingbrook (Ill.). Bain (6-foot-3, 267 pounds) was recently offered by the Illini.

Stay tuned to OrangeandBlueNews.com for more on the three newest members of the Illini's 2012 recruiting class.

Advertisement
The Fighting Illini could use some good news, and they got some on the recruiting front on Wednesday with three new additions to the class of 2012.

Linebackers Keith Brown and Lamar Atkins from Miami (Fla.)Norland High School visited Illinois for the Michigan game last Saturday, and apparently liked what they saw. The teammates and brothers gave their pledge to Ron Zook and the Fighting Illini.

Brown (6-foot-2, 230 pounds) is a four-star linebacker and big time playmakers who could step in and play right away as a true freshman for the Illini. He was previously committed to Miami (Fla.)

The Illinois also picked up a verbal commitment from in-state offensive Robbie Bain of Bolingbrook (Ill.). Bain (6-foot-3, 267 pounds) was recently offered by the Illini.

Stay tuned to OrangeandBlueNews.com for more on the three newest members of the Illini's 2012 recruiting class.

Better than seeing him at Clemson lol ill take it

****, wish he would've come here and be a stud for us. But I do feel very comfortable about our future LB's even without him in the mix. Would have loved to him, but we will be alright. Best of luck to the kid.

lol Zook has lost 4 in a row now and probably only wins 1 of his last 2. I guess all momma really cared about was forcing his brother into his commitment.

Advertisement
Back