Keith Brown

Say what you want but this is a pretty big loss. Kid is a playmaker. I hope he changes his mind.

Advertisement
Scout interview posted earlier this week.....

Brown previously visited three other schools officially before coming to Illinois. He has one official visit remaining and will be setting that visit soon.

His visit to Illinois may not have been his best visit overall, but in terms of what he can take away, Brown had very positive things to say about the Illinois players and coaches.

“So far I’ve been to Clemson, South Florida, Purdue and Illinois. Next one is out of either Georgia, LSU, or Arkansas. The Illinois visit was very good. Maybe not the best visit I’ve been on, but coaching-staff wise, these are the best coaches and some of the best players I’ve met. The visit was awesome anyway.”

Brown made his visit along with two of his teammates, highly-recruited defensive tackle Teko Powell and Lamar Atkins. Visiting together was a good experience for Brown, and he was glad he had some familiar friends with him.

“This was my first time visiting with other teammates, but we enjoyed spending time together. It was good having them here. I got to see what they think and put it all together.”

Following his final visit, Brown will begin to think things over and come to a decision. He hopes to make his choice relatively soon.

“I’m planning on deciding by the first week of December.”

T

Advertisement
Whatever man. Kirby and Northrup are better players than him. Stop with the Miami-Dade Kool-Aid and watch him play this season. He hasn't lived up to expectations, at least the ones that I had.

My view is a little different.

College is 30-50k per year. Over four years that's 120-200k...a lot of money for a family. So, I find it understandable that Keith and his family worked this out in a way that his brother also gets a four year education without it financially burdening the family. I kind of admire what they've done as a family, frankly. (Now if Keith doesn't fax in his LOI come signing day, and his brother does, I'll admire them a little more. LOL.)

As for Keith's future playing at Illinois, he obviously won't be winning any championships. But if his play warrants, he can certainly make the league playing for that program.

As

Advertisement
Workout warrior just not a playmaker.....he wont be missed. parents are idiots for letting their son do this.....let his brother go to Bethune Cookman were he belongs and you can watch them both play.

Sure I would like o osee what this staff can do with him....he just doesn't make plays.

Kid is all twisted up.

Wouldn't be surprised if he switches his commitment at the 11th hour in hopes that Illinois will retain his brother.

It's not like Illinois can't put guys in the pros. Johnathan Brown's come out of complete obscurity and looks otherworldly for them at LB this year. Koenning runs a good, attacking defense. Now, all that said, what are the chances Brown leaves them twisting in the wind come signing day and Zook/Vic aren't there anymore? Let this play out, gents...and let's not disparage Mr. Brown.

Advertisement
So the kid is going to commit to the one school that would offer his brother? Well.... bye.

Speechless...For Illinois though, smh...Only time will tell if this was a good decision. In the meantime, this opens up another scholly for another mlb

Joe report post, I'll take it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Wouldn't be surprised if he still ends up here. Getting his brother an offer was important. If he ends up at Illinois I can't fault his family for getting his bro a free college education at a good school.

I understand... I dont see anything wrong about this... His parents isnt costing him anything... Illinois had a 1st rounder last year in Liguet who I believed wanted to come here but his mom wanted him to get away from the negative influences... I believe Jamie Harper did the same thing in order to get his friend a scholly so he could be close to his ailing mother... Nothing is wrong with this... If the kid has the goods he'll make the league... And Zook is a defensive coach so it wouldnt hurt them... Now if this was Dewey then thats another story... Wish him the best...

@RappUp Jeff Rapp
Talked to a well-placed source tonight who says Ron Zook is out. The decision already has been made at Illinois. Guess no faith of UW upset.

Advertisement
Back