Keith Brown

Are some of you really bagging on a kid that put family first? Really? If he is a baller, he'll make it to the league from Illinois, UM,Arizona,Kansas St or anywhere else. Maybe his little brother needs him around. Maybe they always dreamed of attending college together and enjoying all that a college life entails.

His choice. That fact that kids consult their parents and take advice is becominhg extinct. I guess he would be better if he consulted a message board or Mike Bakas to determine his future.

Plenty of talented kids from S.Fla have gone on to great success out fo state and are reaping the rewards for it.

Brown has tweeted a few times times that if it was up to him he would be at The U. It seems more like mom picked where he was going go. That's what people are bagging on.

Advertisement
Family is family. Let it be. Even if it was mom. Unselfishness is rare this day and age. If it was a deal and a way for sibling to get an education then so be it.

Advertisement
It's a shame that the kid can not choose where he wants to spend his college career. Seems like Mom is focring his hand which I don't like.

Was Brown our first commit this year, or was it the DB who bailed to UF or AJL?

Either way, our string of bad luck with our first commits is astounding.

Advertisement
maybe on signing day Illinois will send them both a ship to sign and Miami will send Wes one. Who knows what might happen then.

Mike Bakas now believes Kevin Brown will definitely not be a part of this class. lulz.

Advertisement
4 years in a row our first commit doesn't stick.

PJ/Nix/Marcus Jackson/Keith or Willie Bailey whoever it was

Mike Bakas now believes Kevin Brown will definitely not be a part of this class. lulz.

I got a lot of Heat on Bakas's site for mentioning that Brown was wavering because of the cheese being floated around by other schools, because he wanted to play with his brother & because he isn't hot on Michael Barrow.

L - O - L

Advertisement
You're right he hasn't lived up to expectations but they are not using him correctly . Norland's DC is a complete joke.

My view is a little different.

College is 30-50k per year. Over four years that's 120-200k...a lot of money for a family. So, I find it understandable that Keith and his family worked this out in a way that his brother also gets a four year education without it financially burdening the family. I kind of admire what they've done as a family, frankly. (Now if Keith doesn't fax in his LOI come signing day, and his brother does, I'll admire them a little more. LOL.)

As for Keith's future playing at Illinois, he obviously won't be winning any championships. But if his play warrants, he can certainly make the league playing for that program.

As

I know this post is a week old but you do realize what a full athletic scholarship is correct?

Advertisement
Back