Kamalu, Gilbert, and Renfrow All Cleared

View as article
Advertisement
Btw, I was looking up some stuff on Renfrow and I found this. #75 is killing me (Renfrow is #45).

158.jpg

lol, I was looking at this same pic this morning. Dude looks like someone put a water hose down his pants and turned it on full throttle...

Are these regulated by the NCAA to participate in a certain number of practices before full pads are allowed

Just wondering when we might hear about their progress against everyone else.

Are these regulated by the NCAA to participate in a certain number of practices before full pads are allowed

Just wondering when we might hear about their progress against everyone else.

Good question. I think the 5 practice acclimation period would probably apply to the 3 new guys. Didn't think about this...

Advertisement
Advertisement
That will put us over the roster limit --- someone's not practicing Monday.

thE ROSTER IS AT 83 RIGHT NOW
It's at 80. Plus 32 walk-ons for 112 total.

Your right, we do have 80 scholarships according to InsidetheU. People can also look at our last 4-5 recruiting classes and get the scholarship number. You would still need to subtract the players that are no longer on the team.

so how does that process work when over the limit?

Your right, we do have 80 scholarships according to InsidetheU. People can also look at our last 4-5 recruiting classes and get the scholarship number. You would still need to subtract the players that are no longer on the team.

Only 105 total allowed on roster.
Dye doesn't count due to his injury. Maybe Isidora. Dewey looks gone.
The rest, the coaches will have to sort out.
Meaning there most likely will be some cuts.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Only 105 total allowed on roster.
Dye doesn't count due to his injury. Maybe Isidora. Dewey looks gone.
The rest, the coaches will have to sort out.
Meaning there most likely will be some cuts.

so basically it looks like Miami is 7 players over the limit....

But if Isidora comes back, in the middle of the season, and Dewey stays on roster, then basically anywhere from 4-6 walk-ons are going to be cut....

Lol @ Al Golden building competition for the walk-ons to earn a spot.

Last edited:
Btw, I was looking up some stuff on Renfrow and I found this. #75 is killing me (Renfrow is #45).

158.jpg

75 just look slike his nick name should be Butta-Ball. Dude is a tall midget out there....

#60 is Nevin Shapiro lining up upfront...lol @ u pointing ou tthat Renfrow is #45...like we couldnt tell with those other juggernauts around him

Advertisement

158.jpg

#75 would have gotten snaps on last year's DL.

I don't care what y'all say that boy there's a fireplug! On D he could plug an entire side, on O both the FB and RB could hide behind him, maybe even the QB. He has feet like a gazelle and a helmet bigger than Man-mountain-Dean's lunch bucket. Line up four of him on D and they would obscure the end zone, but you could still see the goal posts. You don't want to be behind him on the buffet line. Nice looking player!

This looks right. According to O's Eligibility chart we are at 78 but that is counting Derosier who isn't in yet. 77 + Renfrow, Gilbert, Musftafaa = 80. If Derosier gets in we are at 81 but from all looks of it Dewey is probably going to move on.

IMO Golden wants to be at 80 for this year to brace for scholarship reductions.

Advertisement
Back