Kam Kinchens is not hurt

The good with Kam is he watches a lot of film. The bad is he watches a lot of film. Oc’s see his tendencies just as much as he sees theirs. He constantly gets baited. Both safeties do for that matter. Saturday he was supposed to bracket Walker with Couch and hung TC out to drive. Smart players understand the only way you get a third and 20 in a giving up the post, yet he left for a dig ( I believe it was a dig, but not positive). He goes plays like that up way too much . It’s so frustrating and unnecessary. The coaches had the right D and drawn up multiple times Saturday and there was busts.
He sees himself as a team leader, and people like to talk of him that way, but he's too focused on chasing the big play. A good leader/player is focused on doing his job within the play, and if the big play is there you make it - you don't chase it.

Advertisement
He sees himself as a team leader, and people like to talk of him that way, but he's too focused on chasing the big play. A good leader/player is focused on doing his job within the play, and if the big play is there you make it - you don't chase it.
People got hot at me last year when I ripped him for being selfish , leaving guys hanging on deep routes playing for a pick. Guys were ripping cb’s and it wasn’t always them.

People got hot at me last year when I ripped him for being selfish , leaving guys hanging on deep routes playing for a pick. Guys were ripping cb’s and it wasn’t always them.
It was me and you brudda last year.

**** i was taking up for DJ Ivey and Stevenson (he got it the most because they hung him out alot)

Im also tired of certain Edges dropping into coverage and Tecory Couch becoming our go to blitzer/[pass rusher....I NEVER WANT TO SEE RUBEN BAIN in covg ...EVER. I get it...its to throw stuff off but ummmm...no...let him get after the qb...and **** use James Williams for that more as he is actually solid in that role.

To be honest....

Kam has done this since MNW.

Thats how he made plays he gambles based off of his film watch or tendency he sees...like someone else said others watch film as well..Good oc's know u will take the bait and flood your area putting tyou in a bind because they KNOW you will take the bait.

He needs more development and coaching to hone that in somewhat. I honestly really wish Ed Reed was still around a bit because hes a guy i think could assist a bit with that along with Guidry and Addae. Of knowing when or not to press into thinking of making a splash play or assignment ball
Facts.

I didn’t know he did that in HS. I’m sure he was able to get away with it but yea Reed would of been a big help. I’m hoping he’s in the film room knowing that they trying to bait him or double move him. He’s hyper aggressive and I like that but you have to not let anyone get behind you.

Kam would be LOVED if we had better play from Couch/Davis/LBers.
Kam would still get into trouble jumping routes but a 6'1 corner with wheels likely breaks up 50% of the deep balls. LBers having better zone coverage skills and tackling skills against the RB gives Kam less responsibility on every play.

TVD would be LOVED if we had better play from Young and a stud RB. Yes, Young is the 6'5 guy who hasn't beaten a 5'9 corner for a 50/50. TVD could also benefit from a stud RB who would house some of the runs.

Advertisement
Facts.

I didn’t know he did that in HS. I’m sure he was able to get away with it but yea Reed would of been a big help. I’m hoping he’s in the film room knowing that they trying to bait him or double move him. He’s hyper aggressive and I like that but you have to not let anyone get behind you.
Yea he got got peaking in high school a bit to against the elite teams like Central or Heritage.

Kam would be LOVED if we had better play from Couch/Davis/LBers.
Kam would still get into trouble jumping routes but a 6'1 corner with wheels likely breaks up 50% of the deep balls. LBers having better zone coverage skills and tackling skills against the RB gives Kam less responsibility on every play.

TVD would be LOVED if we had better play from Young and a stud RB. Yes, Young is the 6'5 guy who hasn't beaten a 5'9 corner for a 50/50. TVD could also benefit from a stud RB who would house some of the runs.
This.

2 Plays 2 games back to back us just having the bigger db in there helps us exponentially.

GA TECH PASS B4 THE GAME WINNER. I'M willing to bet if Damari Brown is in the game he at minimum breaks up the pass...tecourcy couch is flipping in the air trying to tip...and Any other corner likely runs in off man with Walker and gets at minimum in his vision on the go route Davis mis timed his jump.

Mis timing jumps at 5'9-5'10 is a killer.

**** i was taking up for DJ Ivey and Stevenson (he got it the most because they hung him out alot)

Im also tired of certain Edges dropping into coverage and Tecory Couch becoming our go to blitzer/[pass rusher....I NEVER WANT TO SEE RUBEN BAIN in covg ...EVER. I get it...its to throw stuff off but ummmm...no...let him get after the qb...and **** use James Williams for that more as he is actually solid in that role.
I am pretty sure I watched Harvey drop back in coverage on consecutive plays (2nd & 3rd down in the 2nd half I remember in my drunken state of mind).

It’s been going on all season. To me, that is something you do maybe 1x every other game but Lance is doing it a ton per game.

Advertisement
I am pretty sure I watched Harvey drop back in coverage on consecutive plays.

It’s been going on all season. To me, that is something you do maybe 1x every other game but Lance is doing it a ton per game.
The crazy part is...........Harvey has actually looked solid doing it. lol

Problem is.....the blitz they have sent with it has seldom worked and its on film and guys seem prepared for it and the long dl twist we run on every 3rd down

We also have edges losing contain. That scramble on the gw Td pass by GT was because we allowed him outside. Giving him extra time and the wr longer to get up field. It’s all connected.

It was cleaar as day they werent.

**** i was screaming at the screen as they celebrated plays or were looking to the sideline because i know UNC runs alot of tempo and thats how they get alot of their rushing yards while your scrambling trying to get set up.

yup there were two plays in particular…one was jw, who just can't help themselves

I will never understand why it's so important for some of these kids to be the world's greatest trash talk. I get it, it's sports we all talk trash…And these kids are wired for a big game. But at some point you gotta grow up. What K.Smith did for instance totally inexcusable.

It honestly isn't that important…Winning a game, however is. It's like they wanna see how far they can push the refs (and obviously these moody refs sometimes are clueless) …Then even after they get flagged, they think they can start over and taunt more so because the refs won't hit em again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok good analysis.

TVD simply hasnt taken the check down all year. Its there and the others in progression are open to, but i think at times he just makes a predetermined guess or read and sticks with it. All i can say is both guys were/are pressing to make something happen.

He must have a blind spot to the right side of the field…In particular, dig routes/in routes…The right hashmark. It's repeated over and over with him.

Last edited:
He has terrible ball skills (see gt play right b4 they won the game) and only should be played sparingly. I wasnt a fan of the Jaden Davis take in the portal and the games where he can/will be attack have now started. (unc, clemson, fsu) i had as games we would have difficulty with. I think TX AM hid it for a bit but alot of our fans didnt see him play at OU...it was alot of what we saw against UNC...he was oU's couch. A guy OC target in film review the week b4 as a target candidate.

I don't understand why the Brown brothers aren't on the field more?…At least one of them better be for all the size FSU has at WR.

m also tired of certain Edges dropping into coverage and Tecory Couch becoming our go to blitzer/[pass rusher....I NEVER WANT TO SEE RUBEN BAIN in covg ...EVER. I get it...its to throw stuff off but ummmm...no...let him get after the qb...and **** use James Williams for that more as he is actually solid in that role.

Jesus Christ yes…Posted it couple weeks back. I can see if it's a 1-2 time a game thing. But this reeks of D'nofrio. Wanna know why Kelly doesn't have a sack yet? (ya he missed a game or 2)…Because he is playing 25 snaps a game and dropping back into the flats or coverage 10 times a game. Cut him loose on the **** qb.

And one other thing…A lot of people are critical with Leonard Taylor. And I'll admit I'd like to see a little more. I have seen he is drawing some doubles and I do see multiple times a game he gets some penetration and at least slows down a back. But why is he on the field for only 36 snaps a game? There were multiple times I'd see Carolina rip off a nice run inside our 40…And LT isn't even on the field? He played 36 out of 80 snaps for god's sake???

Rotation is fine…But he needs to be on the field for about 70% of meaningful plays in the game, and I'd like to see that number up over 80s when a team gets in or near the red zone.

Last edited:
The good with Kam is he watches a lot of film. The bad is he watches a lot of film. Oc’s see his tendencies just as much as he sees theirs. He constantly gets baited. Both safeties do for that matter. Saturday he was supposed to bracket Walker with Couch and hung TC out to dry. Smart players understand the only way you get a third and 20 is giving up the post, yet he left for a dig ( I believe it was a dig, but not positive). He does plays like that way too much . It’s so frustrating and unnecessary. The coaches had the right D drawn up multiple times Saturday and there was busts.
He tries to play chess way toooo much when he should be focusing primarily on doing his job.

Advertisement
I’m convinced most of you don’t watch the game and only catch highlights.

Kam broke up at least 5 crucial passes on Saturday night. He’s an elite college safety who needs to just do his job. When he’s doing he’s job he’s elite, when he tries to be a chess player he gets hurt.

99% of problems on this team would go away if each player just did their job.

I don’t read the game thread so I don’t know if it’s been discussed much but Kam was beyond terrible tonight. He was roasted on 5-6 big plays.

I’m no football savant but he seems to have bought into his all American status and thinks he should play for the interception on every ball. He consistently seems to get beat over the top.
How about the last play of GT game. Tries to jump a route for an interception with 10 seconds to play.

He must have a blind spot to the right side of the field…In particular, in routes…The right hashmark. It's repeated over and over with him.
yup noticed that since southern miss, was seen against mtsu and others....the one to the lb last week was clear as day he just was guessing the guy wasnt there because he intiially looked dead right at him....just said well im throwing to jacolby on this play

Advertisement
Back