Kam Kinchens is not hurt

you dudes just dont understand football?

He was an AA....last year....this is a whole **** new szn. Why are you all keep lamenting on this all american bs......... im not evn disagreeing, i just hate hearing talk about aa or 5 star this or that...once your in college you no longer a 1 or 5 star your a player no 1 gives a sh*t thats for fans and recruiting sites.

Stuff were being blown LAST YEAR....and yall who dont know football were blaming Tyrique Stevenson because he would be the only one running towards the wide receiver.

He gambles at safety this is known, those gambles maybe anticipation or wanting to make a splash or whatever it may be...it has cost us the last 2 games in a row for sure...im not a fan of it at all.

BUT I JUST KNEW IT WAS COMING FROM THE FAN BASE BECAUSE ITS BEEN RINSE AND REPEAT ON HERE...**** I KNOW WHICH PLAYERS TO IDENTIFY A YEAR IN ADVANCE YALL WILL FLIP ON...RIGHT NOW ITS SOME OF YOU THAT LOWKEY ARE THROWING SHADE AT X RESTREPO...and yall dont even know why

Well said

Advertisement
I don’t read the game thread so I don’t know if it’s been discussed much but Kam was beyond terrible tonight. He was roasted on 5-6 big plays.

I’m no football savant but he seems to have bought into his all American status and thinks he should play for the interception on every ball. He consistently seems to get beat over the top.
He been doing that since he been here lol watch middle Tennessee game and other games. He’s not hurt he’s a gambler and wants to make big plays. Problem is other teams watch film and see it I’m sure he watches film as well but you can’t break a habit if you can’t break it. That’s between you and you.

The good with Kam is he watches a lot of film. The bad is he watches a lot of film. Oc’s see his tendencies just as much as he sees theirs. He constantly gets baited. Both safeties do for that matter. Saturday he was supposed to bracket Walker with Couch and hung TC out to dry. Smart players understand the only way you get a third and 20 is giving up the post, yet he left for a dig ( I believe it was a dig, but not positive). He does plays like that way too much . It’s so frustrating and unnecessary. The coaches had the right D drawn up multiple times Saturday and there was busts.

Last edited:
I don’t read the game thread so I don’t know if it’s been discussed much but Kam was beyond terrible tonight. He was roasted on 5-6 big plays.

I’m no football savant but he seems to have bought into his all American status and thinks he should play for the interception on every ball. He consistently seems to get beat over the top.
He’s had back to back awful games. Roman points out s few of Kam’s and the secondary issues this game.

i'm disappointed we can't find anybody that gives couch work in practice ... how many plays does he have to leave on the field before someone else gets a shot
This what ****ed me off the most when i realized he was locking his spot up b4 the szn. I'd say they are doing like most coaches do and play guys with sh*t loads of experience that can in film review point out stuff or say what their responsibilities are.

He has terrible ball skills (see gt play right b4 they won the game) and only should be played sparingly. I wasnt a fan of the Jaden Davis take in the portal and the games where he can/will be attack have now started. (unc, clemson, fsu) i had as games we would have difficulty with. I think TX AM hid it for a bit but alot of our fans didnt see him play at OU...it was alot of what we saw against UNC...he was oU's couch. A guy OC target in film review the week b4 as a target candidate.

Advertisement
Kam is a shell of himself. You can still tell the concussion is affecting him. Couple times over the past two games he shakes his head as if he's shaking something off.
The concussion has nothing to do with it. He’s been biting on the eye candy long before the concussion.

He makes some amazing plays and can be our best defender and on the next play, makes an inexplicable mental error to really hurt this team.

Just play your ****inng assignment and stop trying to be the fireman that rescue all 100 people From the burning building.

I love Kinchens…And I think he is one of the 8-12 best safeties in college football

But I was flat out shocked he was a first team AA last year…It wasn't merited imo, and that's not even a knock because he was one of the few bright spots on the team.

You won't find a more heralded safety that is directly responsible for more bad plays…(MTSU, UNC last year…and yes the play should have never taken place3, but the game winner to GT this year)…Those are huge plays that killed us. That being said he is very good down to down…Very good). Overall James Williams is improved.
I agree with all this.

If yall dont see JW seemed improve a bit ya must just have a preconceived thought of em.

Kam SHOUld come back next szn and clean up those stuff because its 2 years of film on that. But he is a good to great player in my opinion.

Couch saying they wasn’t prepared for tempo is an awful look for LG. They went tempo in
the third quarter and that’s when things got ugly. How are you not prepared for that?
It was cleaar as day they werent.

**** i was screaming at the screen as they celebrated plays or were looking to the sideline because i know UNC runs alot of tempo and thats how they get alot of their rushing yards while your scrambling trying to get set up.

LG wasnt prepared for it clearly.

Advertisement
Couch saying they wasn’t prepared for tempo is an awful look for LG. They went tempo in
the third quarter and that’s when things got ugly. How are you not prepared for that?
I'm hoping he meant they weren't prepared for the talent/pace combo. We've got Ray Finkel running scout team hard to get a good look to prepare for Maye

He been doing that since he been here lol watch middle Tennessee game and other games. He’s not hurt he’s a gambler and wants to make big plays. Problem is other teams watch film and see it I’m sure he watches film as well but you can’t break a habit if you can’t break it. That’s between you and you.
To be honest....

Kam has done this since MNW.

Thats how he made plays he gambles based off of his film watch or tendency he sees...like someone else said others watch film as well..Good oc's know u will take the bait and flood your area putting tyou in a bind because they KNOW you will take the bait.

He needs more development and coaching to hone that in somewhat. I honestly really wish Ed Reed was still around a bit because hes a guy i think could assist a bit with that along with Guidry and Addae. Of knowing when or not to press into thinking of making a splash play or assignment ball

Wait seriously? The tempo literally their entire offense

Advertisement

**** i was screaming at the screen as they celebrated plays or were looking to the sideline because i know UNC runs alot of tempo and thats how they get alot of their rushing yards while your scrambling trying to get set up.

No doubt. We couldn‘t get aligned or get the plays in.

And for yall i actually think TX AM skills on offense ae better than unc's and thats WITH Tez Walker.

So i dont think the talent level was a surprise to them.

We force turnovers against TXAM and the chances we had for them this week luck had it didnt occur..(fumble, DPJr easy pick that JW actually being in his right spot inadvertently deflected away from Porter, Jaden Davis keeps running may get an int or pass break up..but ended up getting mossed because of bad ball skills)

you dudes just dont understand football?

He was an AA....last year....this is a whole **** new szn. Why are you all keep lamenting on this all american bs......... im not evn disagreeing, i just hate hearing talk about aa or 5 star this or that...once your in college you no longer a 1 or 5 star your a player no 1 gives a sh*t thats for fans and recruiting sites.

Stuff were being blown LAST YEAR....and yall who dont know football were blaming Tyrique Stevenson because he would be the only one running towards the wide receiver.

He gambles at safety this is known, those gambles maybe anticipation or wanting to make a splash or whatever it may be...it has cost us the last 2 games in a row for sure...im not a fan of it at all.

BUT I JUST KNEW IT WAS COMING FROM THE FAN BASE BECAUSE ITS BEEN RINSE AND REPEAT ON HERE...**** I KNOW WHICH PLAYERS TO IDENTIFY A YEAR IN ADVANCE YALL WILL FLIP ON...RIGHT NOW ITS SOME OF YOU THAT LOWKEY ARE THROWING SHADE AT X RESTREPO...and yall dont even know why
For me, my two players I have somewhat turned on is Kam and TVD.

Kam, because despite falling for the eye candy last year, with his high level of intelligence and football IQ, I expected him to correct the eye candy stuff this year. It seemed like he did first 2 games and the last two games have been a regression back to last year. He’s the leader of the defense. I expect more from him.

TVD - I don’t mind that he’s always looking for X because X is the best wide receiver on the team, in the same way Josh Allen looks for Diggs, Drake with Tez Walker. But a lot of time he locks in to X, never takes his eyes off him, so read of breaking engagement, quick scan elsewhere and then re-engage. But the big killer is the turnovers. Despite having plenty of time to throw, most of his picks, if not all of them have been without him being rushed into a throw or a decision.

For a 4 year guy, again, who’s talented and intelligent, I expected better.

Coaching issues aside, these two guys have really hurt this team due to the mental breakdowns. GT should’ve been a win and this one, if we play some smart assignment based coverage and not make those silly turnovers (I’ll give 2 of those to TVD) we would’ve had a better chance.

Advertisement
For me, my two players I have somewhat turned on is Kam and TVD.

Kam, because despite falling for the eye candy last year, with his high level of intelligence and football IQ, I expected him to correct the eye candy stuff this year. It seemed like he did first 2 games and the last two games have been a regression back to last year. He’s the leader of the defense. I expect more from him.

TVD - I don’t mind that he’s always looking for X because X is the best wide receiver on the team, in the same way Josh Allen looks for Diggs, Drake with Tez Walker. But a lot of time he locks in to X, never takes his eyes off him, so read of breaking engagement, quick scan elsewhere and then re-engage. But the big killer is the turnovers. Despite having plenty of time to throw, most of his picks, if not all of them have been without him being rushed into a throw or a decision.

For a 4 year guy, again, who’s talented and intelligent, I expected better.

Coaching issues aside, these two guys have really hurt this team due to the mental breakdowns. GT should’ve been a win and this one, if we play some smart assignment based coverage and not make those silly turnovers (I’ll give 2 of those to TVD) we would’ve had a better chance.
Ok good analysis.

Also the two you chose are also two that likely said this would be their last year at UM...and are trying to play above their levels or forcing stuff.

TVD simply hasnt taken the check down all year. Its there and the others in progression are open to, but i think at times he just makes a predetermined guess or read and sticks with it. All i can say is both guys were/are pressing to make something happen.

I dont know if someone can look into it but how many receptions all together do our backs and te have. It has to be minute....like X may have more catches in 1 game than those 2 units collaboratively.

Yup, UNC's first scoring drive, our D made a big play first, and everyone was celebrating, and UNC snapped the ball and 7 of our guys were not only not ready, they weren't even lined up correctly. Sad.

A lot of this stuff is true, but funny how it only comes out when we start losing.
Well usually the warts start showing in the losses. Before GT there wasn’t so many issues. Fact is coaches have spotted tendencies and they’re exposing them. There’s a lot of film on the o and d now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back