Justin Flowe

Advertisement
247 wasn't even around during the AP recruiting days, so I'm not sure how or where that 4 star ranking came from. Scout and Rivals were it and Rivals had him as a 5 star. 247 ate up a lot of those old sites I believe, but ESPN team rankings came about in '06.
I was talking about Gore. AP was consensus #1 overall followed by Ginn Jr and WW. Gore was rated 90th overall, 17 RB and 11 in FL on 247. Rivals didn’t have a class for 2001. Not that hard to find just use google.

I was merely stating that if was in todays world Gore would be #1 overall. Much like Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor would make Travis Hunter look like a punk a** b****. Two of the best I’ve ever seen. Both in the class of 01 if you fast forward them to todays world would be consensus top recruits.

I was talking about Gore. AP was consensus #1 overall followed by Ginn Jr and WW. Gore was rated 90th overall, 17 RB and 11 in FL on 247. Rivals didn’t have a class for 2001. Not that hard to find just use google.

I was merely stating that if was in todays world Gore would be #1 overall. Much like Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor would make Travis Hunter look like a punk a** b****. Two of the best I’ve ever seen. Both in the class of 01 if you fast forward them to todays world would be consensus top recruits.

That was the infancy of recruiting sites.

247 didn't exist at the time of Gore. Scout and Rivals, then ESPN were the first big websites. There were team websites, created by individuals, but no collective site giving rankings like you see now. There were some services you could order recruit mags from and even call / pay services.

I'm not even sure what you're saying about most of this. With camp circuits, 7 on 7, and video on demand like there is today, some guys would've been ranked pretty **** high.

Miles was better than Gore...and 21yrs earlier....

Advertisement
That was the infancy of recruiting sites.

247 didn't exist at the time of Gore. Scout and Rivals, then ESPN were the first big websites. There were team websites, created by individuals, but no collective site giving rankings like you see now. There were some services you could order recruit mags from and even call / pay services.

I'm not even sure what you're saying about most of this. With camp circuits, 7 on 7, and video on demand like there is today, some guys would've been ranked pretty **** high.
Tom Lemming was top dog back then. ESPN had team rankings right before our #1 08 class came around like you said. Thats a class in which we will top this coming cycle even if we don’t finish #1 overall. Basically what I’m getting at is guys like ST flew under the radar yeah you get what I’m saying. Wasn’t trying to make an argument of this.

Advertisement
Advertisement

He was the first recruit I start paying attention too. I was a HS senior but I kept hearing everyone talk about Deion Sander’s godson/adopted son. Kid was the real deal and biggest recruit that WVU signed. That being said, as great as he was I don’t think I could ever rank a 5’8 165 RB as the number one player at his position in the country. I think Chris Rainey was in that class too and was a 5 ⭐️.

Advertisement
He was the first recruit I start paying attention too. I was a HS senior but I kept hearing everyone talk about Deion Sander’s godson/adopted son. Kid was the real deal and biggest recruit that WVU signed. That being said, as great as he was I don’t think I could ever rank a 5’8 165 RB as the number one player at his position in the country. I think Chris Rainey was in that class too and was a 5 ⭐️.
Sickest RB high school film ever. It’s hard to believe that so many years have gone by. What could have been if he would have been wiser and chosen the U.

Dude played Grand Theft Auto all over Kissimmee
IMG6993443678128604763.jpg

Advertisement
Back