Justin Flowe

Advertisement
He was the first recruit I start paying attention too. I was a HS senior but I kept hearing everyone talk about Deion Sander’s godson/adopted son. Kid was the real deal and biggest recruit that WVU signed. That being said, as great as he was I don’t think I could ever rank a 5’8 165 RB as the number one player at his position in the country. I think Chris Rainey was in that class too and was a 5 ⭐️.
Same HS as myself..but his competition was nowhere near Dade Counties....

whenever anyone does a "GOAT List" of Dade HS players, I immediately look for Freddie's name.

if it's not there, i stop reading
Here's alitte story about Freddie....The late Joe Brodsky who coached RBs at UM (OJ Anderson, Highsmith, Warren Wiliams, Cleveland Gary, Bentley, Conley, etc...) the Dolphins & Dallas (When Emmitt was there) said "Quote"...Freddie Miles is the Best RB I've ever seen, regardless of age. I asked Sarge (Don Soldinger) about that remark, and he agreed.

Last edited:
He was the first recruit I start paying attention too. I was a HS senior but I kept hearing everyone talk about Deion Sander’s godson/adopted son. Kid was the real deal and biggest recruit that WVU signed. That being said, as great as he was I don’t think I could ever rank a 5’8 165 RB as the number one player at his position in the country. I think Chris Rainey was in that class too and was a 5 ⭐️.
It is amazing that kid made it to college with the life hand he was dealt.

Advertisement
It is amazing that kid made it to college with the life hand he was dealt.

That’s what I heard. I was happy for him because of his story… We had some top backs in the state back then. But it seemed like the biggest miss for us was Antwan Easterling. He had the size and everything but made some incredible mistakes. It appeared as if he threw it all away.

That’s what I heard. I was happy for him because of his story… We had some top backs in the state back then. But it seemed like the biggest miss for us was Antwan Easterling. He had the size and everything but made some incredible mistakes. It appeared as if he threw it all away.
How was it a miss??....If anything, a Godsend...

That was the infancy of recruiting sites.

247 didn't exist at the time of Gore. Scout and Rivals, then ESPN were the first big websites. There were team websites, created by individuals, but no collective site giving rankings like you see now. There were some services you could order recruit mags from and even call / pay services.

I'm not even sure what you're saying about most of this. With camp circuits, 7 on 7, and video on demand like there is today, some guys would've been ranked pretty **** high.

Let's not forget, we still have UM fans who SWEAR that Ed Reed was a 2-star recruit, even though he signed in the 1990s before any of those websites were ranking recruits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely trolling.
EB854580-DD8E-4427-AD24-A79B997780F7.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back